kerraig UK

Post Your Gaming Setups

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Nice! 

Can I ask what model that monitor is? I see it's an iiyama.

Sure, it's the 24.5" Black Hawk. It's 1ms / 1080 resolution, so ideal for use at about 3' viewing distance. Cost me £115 :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Treble said:

Sure, it's the 24.5" Black Hawk. It's 1ms / 1080 resolution, so ideal for use at about 3' viewing distance. Cost me £115 :)

tumblr_msmlysawxs1qiz3j8o2_500.gif

• Upvote 3

I replaced my cheap ass "gaming" chair that I'm convinced has given me back problems for this sturdy lass

h2feL7n.jpg

Rated up to 27 stone of lard and is nice and wide for those of us packing some girth.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to get anyone excited but...

6 years after buying the house, my games room...

has a new carpet*

sneakpeek.thumb.jpg.40d0cd8b332e30524e7d515cbb7ddec5.jpg

#gettingthere

* obv. that's not the important part. No, that's the fact that after 6 years the room is completely empty, have previously been filled with boxes of stuff from the move, that didn't have a place in the house, and my scattershot attempt at a games collection.

Now I have to put a 2'6" trundle bed in there, but apart from that, I can furnish it and start moving my collection in, cabling it all up, new TV etc..

In order to photograph it, to sell it... FML.

• Upvote 6
  • Empathy 2

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

I don't want to get anyone excited but...

6 years after buying the house, my games room...

has a new carpet*

sneakpeek.thumb.jpg.40d0cd8b332e30524e7d515cbb7ddec5.jpg

#gettingthere

* obv. that's not the important part. No, that's the fact that after 6 years the room is completely empty, have previously been filled with boxes of stuff from the move, that didn't have a place in the house, and my scattershot attempt at a games collection.

Now I have to put a 2'6" trundle bed in there, but apart from that, I can furnish it and start moving my collection in, cabling it all up, new TV etc..

In order to photograph it, to sell it... FML.

Sounds more like an eBay room than a games room....

6 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Work has begun on installing the games room. Wondering if I’ve taken it a little too far. 

FA09B37A-5092-43C8-A772-339AEF8E7F17.jpeg

You’ve taken it a little too far.

• Upvote 2

good news for anyone who wasn't a fan of my stack of doom...

Spoiler

WP_20180818_013.thumb.jpg.d4c49de542b014012c38ed54c498cf67.jpg

yep... All 900-odd games too (my entire ps1/2/3/4 xbox/360/one and dreamcast/saturn collections). In three disk wallets in that now empty ottoman

all gone.

they left my psvr & aim controller. Every cloud...

Edited by SeanR
  • Empathy 41

58 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Hide contents

yep... All 900-odd games too (my entire ps1/2/3/4 xbox/360/one and dreamcast/saturn collections). In three disk wallets in that now empty ottoman

all gone.

That sucks hard. I’m really sorry to see that. I hope that your family are coping well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Hide contents

all gone.

WTF. That’s awful. Sorry to hear this. 

• Upvote 1

Really sorry to hear that @SeanR  I’ve had two motorbikes stolen and the old cliche of time is a healer does ring true. Hopefully sooner rather than later you will have forgotten about this. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys.

I'm ok. I'm pretty pragmatic when it comes to "stuff", it's just that, it can be replaced... but the boy was in pieces, worried that they were still in the house, or coming back. 

we knew something was up when we pulled up outside. The blinds we left closed were open, and the curtains we left open were closed. So I saw the empty space in front of the telly when I peered through the window, and told the other half to drive on to her mothers. But she didn't. Instead we called the police and quoted the ref on the letter from the security company that sealed the back door. The kitchen is mostly broken safety glass now. The door is mostly chipboard.

I'm just back in from thanking the neighbour for calling the police. Seems it may have happened about 3am this morning, and when we got back this afternoon, we'd missed the police by like 30 minutes.

Then we went upstairs. Absolute. Carnage. cupboards emptied, drawers tipped... but my "original" PS1, 2 OG xboxes, and megadrive where were I left them. They took the trouble to open the box with the two neogeo CDs but clearly don't know class when it's staring at them. I've found one of them, the other is probably in there somewhere. It really is awful. So the other half and i have made sure his bedroom is a close to normal as it can be, while we're sleeping in other rooms tonight.

The worst part was telling my son what was taken from his room. His piggy bank. With his birthday money, but as i explained to him in the car, the most important things... were in the car, everything else can be replaced. 

Forensics have been round, but they were wearing wool gloves. Tomorrow I hit the usual places to see if they've rocked up, but I mean, really, it's just stuff. 

Has anyone ever been successful in tracking stolen goods to "the usual places"?

• Empathy 23

15 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I know a fair few touring musicians who have had joy. It helps if you've anything unusual that's been stolen, that you can tweet to keep eyes peeled for.

• Upvote 1

I think cunts like that dont go to the usual places no more ,my phone got nicked last year(s8+) and i tried cex and crack converters but the guy in there said my phone would have been turned off as soon as they nicked it and be broken down to parts and sold that way.

I know somone at work who had one of them uv light pens and actually found his bike i think it was on facebook marketplace when his bike was advertised with different tyres on he filmed the whole thing and brought a uv light torch thing to prove it was his.but its of little help to you now and you always think u will never need to do something like that on items in your house.

Sorry to hear what happened :(

cunts:mad:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Thanks guys.

I'm ok. I'm pretty pragmatic when it comes to "stuff", it's just that, it can be replaced... but the boy was in pieces, worried that they were still in the house, or coming back. 

we knew something was up when we pulled up outside. The blinds we left closed were open, and the curtains we left open were closed. So I saw the empty space in front of the telly when I peered through the window, and told the other half to drive on to her mothers. But she didn't. Instead we called the police and quoted the ref on the letter from the security company that sealed the back door. The kitchen is mostly broken safety glass now. The door is mostly chipboard.

I'm just back in from thanking the neighbour for calling the police. Seems it may have happened about 3am this morning, and when we got back this afternoon, we'd missed the police by like 30 minutes.

Then we went upstairs. Absolute. Carnage. cupboards emptied, drawers tipped... but my "original" PS1, 2 OG xboxes, and megadrive where were I left them. They took the trouble to open the box with the two neogeo CDs but clearly don't know class when it's staring at them. I've found one of them, the other is probably in there somewhere. It really is awful. So the other half and i have made sure his bedroom is a close to normal as it can be, while we're sleeping in other rooms tonight.

The worst part was telling my son what was taken from his room. His piggy bank. With his birthday money, but as i explained to him in the car, the most important things... were in the car, everything else can be replaced. 

Forensics have been round, but they were wearing wool gloves. Tomorrow I hit the usual places to see if they've rocked up, but I mean, really, it's just stuff. 

This happened to me in 2016. My wife and I had moved Home from Cork to Belfast. We had moved back in with my parents whilst looking for a house. 

We were burgled and they lifted all my stuff (and I agree with you, it’s all just stuff). They ripped open boxes of all my old stuff, leaving games like castlevania symphony of the night and taking a duff old 360. 

Amusingly, I had original xboxes in 2 xboxone boxes. They got to the door with these and had a peak and must have thought “that the fuck is this guy on?” And dumped it all before leaving. 

The only thing that really annoyed me was the fact they lifted my watch, which was a gift from my dad and was a bit of an heirloom. 

Nothing showed up locally sadly. 

It really upset my mum, as you can imagine.  We did rack our brains though because we were obviously targeted. They only took my electronics and left my mums jewellery etc. 

• Empathy 1

Something for everyone else here, I’ve since moved into my own home and made a big point of photographing all my “stuff” for insurance purposes. 

When dealing with the the insurance company after the robbery they sent someone out based on the random list of stuff I was claiming. When they saw the devastation they realised I was a “collector” and did pay out. This would have been made much easier with previous photographic proof.  

• Upvote 2

Fucks sake that's really shitty @SeanR definitely keep an eye on Gumtree and Facebook trading groups to see if the cunts try shifting the stuff through there rather than CEX/Cash Converters. And any local car boot sales etc. Taking a kids piggy bank, absolute scum. 

• Upvote 1

If you bought any of your stuff from Amazon, they've been registering their stuff on CheckMend for a while now so it will show up as stolen if they try to trade it in somewhere. 

You can also register your stuff on immobilise.com. 

• Upvote 1

Did you say you had your back door done recently? Your stuff is so niche that it reaks of a tip off or something. As if they have come knowing you had all that, I mean all those consoles wouldn’t fit in a knapsack. 

That’s really horrendous and makes me feel terrible for you 

guess who just found his saturn collection? Totally not lost!

(in a box with one of the N64s and 7 old laptops)

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, SeanR said:

guess who just found his saturn collection? Totally not lost!

(in a box with one of the N64s and 7 old laptops)

I think you’re wrong. 

I think it was stolen too. 

• Upvote 4

Sorry to hear about the breakin’ @SeanR that’s pretty bloody shit. I know you say it’s just stuff but I hope you and the family bounce back. Chin up. 

On 02/04/2018 at 12:37, Flub said:

I replaced my cheap ass "gaming" chair that I'm convinced has given me back problems for this sturdy lass

h2feL7n.jpg

Rated up to 27 stone of lard and is nice and wide for those of us packing some girth.

Is this a comfy chair ?? How soft are the arms and how much did it cost ,looks really nice

58 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Is this a comfy chair ?? How soft are the arms and how much did it cost ,looks really nice

It's very comfy. The arms are solid rather than soft.

https://www.lockwoodhume.co.uk/goliath-duo-leather-heavy-duty-office-chair-27-stone-3470-p.asp

You can pay extra and they'll assemble it for you when it arrives. I have a neighbour who's handy though.