What Are You Playing?

Farley

Picked up Mario & Luigi 2 again from where I left off a good few months ago, 9hrs20mins into it. Not sure why I stopped playing really, it wasn't at a particularily difficult section which is why I would usually stop playing a certain game for a while.

Looks bloody gorgeous on the DS Lite and it's very enjoyable to play. Not as good as the original of course, but it's still one of the best games on the DS.

.::: How many days are you in? Or are you playing it 'freestyle'?

80. Played a few custom puzzles too, including that one from your editor that you posted up on the forum, but mostly it's Daily Polarium and a bit of Challenge.

80. Played a few custom puzzles too, including that one from your editor that you posted up on the forum, but mostly it's Daily Polarium and a bit of Challenge.

.::: Not done much Customs yet. With Daily I've Gold-starred 88 puzzles now, keeping it pretty nice. I'll pass on the message to my editor. :) Maybe he can cook another one up.

.::: Not done much Customs yet. With Daily I've Gold-starred 88 puzzles now, keeping it pretty nice. I'll pass on the message to my editor. :) Maybe he can cook another one up.

I'm still struggling with the first one! I've got some solid ideas on how to crack it though.

The whole gold stars thing is great. I can do the puzzle quickly on the bus to work, then sit down to get it under proper conditions on the way back.

Zombie vs. Ambulance (Simple 2000 vol.95) PS2 Japan

Just had an hour or so playing this after ordering it cheap from Play-Asia (£5). Like most of the games in the series (that I've played at least) the idea is good but the game is not polished enough to keep you playing for hours. It's basically Crazy Taxi, in an ambulance. Cruise the city looking for survivors, pick them up and take them back to the hospital, running over as many zombies as possible on your travels. Your ambulance can be upgraded and there are apparently some bosses, though I've not met one yet. It all looks nice enough and the music is alright but I can't see me playing it for more than an hour at a time.

Dotstream. Reminds me of F-Zero but I don't know why. It's nothing like F-Zero! Really good, best GBA game in AAAAAGES.

Dial Hex. Hexagon-based puzzler. It's far more complex and much more fun than Hexic.

Boundish. Odd Pong collection. The only one out of the bit Generations first wave that I won't be buying. Nothing wrong with it per-se, I just don't like Pong.

Katamari Damacy. Everything I love about video games all rolled up into a ball.

Prey. Was absolutely enthralled until he gets the spirit powers at which point I couldn't be arsed any more as it became clear that the game would basically be a series of obstacles that I'd have to spirit through and operate a control panel to allow my physical body through. Some really lovely design touches up to that point though. Shame the gimmick laziness had to set in.

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle For Middle Earth II (360) - It's an RTS that works pretty well on a console, which is novelty enough. And it's based on the Lord of the Rings, which is nice. It's from EA - boo! boo! - but after playing the demo I decided I'd get this when I returned Chromehounds to Game at the weekend.

Frogger (360) - Apart from horrible online lag I've had much more fun out of this than I thought I would. It's stood the test of time better than I'd have thought. I can't get off level 3, though, even though I can get there without losing a life and can get four holes filled. Grr.

Guitar Hero (PS2) - Excellent birthday present. I'm absolutely terrible at it and completely forget which finger matches which colour at times, but it's great fun. The music works in the context of the game, even though most of it's not stuff I'd normally listen to. Hopefully the sequel will use proper licensed tracks and not covers, if technically possible.

Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) - Big Top, Deena, Frobert and Dotty are my oldest friends and all chipped in and got me a cake for my birthday. I was touched. Lost the damn Bug Off again, though. Limberg got some stupid mutant dragonfly, 23mm bigger than than any of the three I caught.

Phoenix Wright (DS) - Decided I wanted to finish this, so played it last Monday night and haven't touched it since. Gah.

ZAngbandTk (PC) - My current Amberite Chaos Warrior is doing far better than any of the Vampire Mindcrafters I tried. But can't find food and light as easily.