What Are You Playing?

Gave up on Crysis and went back to Mass Effect 2, having bought a few DLC bits. Having PC issues at the moment, so it's on hold until that's fixed. Hopefully sorted by next week as I've got ME3 on order!

On the move, still playing Metroid Fusion (again). I've beaten the two toughest bosses (you know the ones), but still got a few more upgrades to go before the final showdown. Atmospheric, tense, and still a joy to play! As brilliant as ever!

Was playing Tiger '12, but then the relentless grind to improve my stats just felt too mundane (okay, I also threw a diva strop because I followed the caddy's advice, hit the ball perfectly and ended up in the trees). The game could have reduced PLUS FOURS RAGE by having multiple caddies to hire and, more importantly, fire.

Anyway, so now playing Arkham City. I'm just running around the place slowly following the main story but more being easily distracted by side missions. Let's do this... no, wait... this one! Hang-on, this! You get the idea.

I say casual, but this game would be unpossible WITHOUT the timeshift powers. You spend more time slipping past them, than trying to shoot them, as you would in a COD-alike, invokes a REAL feel of one vs. man, more akin to FarCry2.

Also, Act II

"concealed threat detected"

concealed my arse, it's a 30ft tall stompy robot!

still on this. It's not half-bad. Better than Blacksite, not as good as HL2. It's a solid Metro 2033 out of 10

Playing a bit of WarioWare Inc. (GBA original) on the 3DS. It's better than I remember it being. I think they've gotten worse over the years with trying to cram in whatever unique feature the host system requires. This is just plain and simple... and completely off-the-wall mental. :D

I'm not sure what to play next; probably another of the GBA Ambassador games. I could certainly go for a replay of Yoshi's Island.

Mass Effect 3. The thread is getting spoilerific (unintentionally, but people are expressing feelings and using specific adjectives about the ending, outside of their spoiler tags), so I'm officially outta there until I've finished. Which will probably take a loooong while. I've just made my first "big moral decision" and it was great. I also like the combat improvements. ME2 could be a big of a slog at times, but this is keeping things interesting. I still have no intention of looking at the multiplayer, but we'll see.

I've got Yoshi's Island (GBA) on the go. Even as an emulated version of a port of another version, it's as lovely and beautiful as ever. *Nyum.... bup!*

Downloaded Journey and can instantly tell that this is a game that everyone on here NEEDS to play as lovers of videogames. It's like a beautiful mix of Collossus and Nights with a bit of an influence from the online implementation of Demon's/Dark Souls.

It also helps that's it's gorgeous to look at (rolling desert sand has never looked so good :)) and it feels* right!

Bought Flower (by the same devs) as I'd not played it before so I'll be following Journey up with a play through of that.

*may sound a bit wanky but it really does.

ok, with that out the way...

Riddick, or Metro 2033? Or Dead Space?

[edit]

idle thumbs #15 make me want to play Mirrors Edge...

Metro!!! One of my favourite games of 2010. And i also have recently started replying it. If youve got a PC that can do it justice, OH EM GEE Metro is jsut about the best looking thing ive ever seen. Its the motionblur on enemies that does it. It jsut makes them look so much more believeable and real when theyre running at you. I swear to god i jumped when i turned a corner in the dead city and one ran past me out of nowhere, it just looked so realistic i honestly got a fright :lol: Amazing atmosphere too, you have to play in russian with subtitles for the full effect, god i love that game.

Been revisiting a few older games lately just cause my new graphics card can max them out, Madness Returns with physx on high is just glorious. Punishes the shit out of the pc at times (all dat smoke from the peppergrinder in particular) but wow, looks incredible. The smashing tiles in the giant alice bit is incredible.

Also restarted the Witcher 2, and now that its maxed out, i think these 3 games are the triumvirate of graphical horsepower...Witcher 2 is one amazing looking game, and also helps that its a great RPG too.

ok, with that out the way...

Riddick, or Metro 2033? Or Dead Space?

[edit]

idle thumbs #15 make me want to play Mirrors Edge...

I really enjoyed Timeshift, in the same way I enjoyed Wolfenstein and Singularity - all second teir shooters that were much better than they had any right to be. I also concur with the post above. Metro is brilliant and you should definitely give it a play next.

I'm playing through, and loving, Alan Wake on the PC at the moment. As well as still chipping away at Skyrim every now and again.

see, I was really enjoying metro2033, but it was just so... not grim, oppressive. Immersive, but utterly depressing.

I got to the minecart level. No seriously, chapter 4 pt 2.

Then I stopped playing.

So I've been on a Mirror's Edge. I know it's just me and my sausage-like digits, but I'm really struggling with jumping and ducking being on LT and LB.

Still, managed to do more last night than I've done since I got.

(a common occurance with my games collection)

Mainly Mass Effect 3 which is brilliant. Apart from that a bit of The Last Story which I am also liking a heck of a lot and is an excellent swan song for the Wii.

I finished off Uncharted GA which I thought was excellent as well. In fact, I think 2012 is off to a great start what with those, the vita launch and FF13-2. Darkness 2 is pretty good too, although not quite as good as the first.

Crysis 2 - It's my first endeavor with the series, and the first FPS I've played in a while that wasn't market-concentric to the multiplayer aspect.

One thing I like about it is the controls - they offer a great approach to combat. The descent after leaping great distances towards a target, precipitating bullets into their comfort zone is quite fun, as is sliding along the ground on your back and shooting upwards as if in some Asian-film inspired gun play. You can choreograph some great pieces which makes it quite rewarding.

The use of the suit is cool, although sometimes it's quite easy to simply stick the Cloak on and just saunter about - something I've been doing in the later levels where you seem to be aimlessly walking around between blue dots, avoiding any notion of the Tactical prompts, which to me, seem to stifle the Visor's observational capacity into a sort of "Well, y'know what would be a good idea?".

The storyline couldn't be less interesting - rehashed shit about fighting aliens with marines thrown in.

At times the AI seems like it's really just about shooting fish in a barrel, except the fish have guns and after they're done running around in the enclosed later levels (which are absolute design hell compared to the more open pristine-street based fighting that allowed for a more free playing feel).

Pullblox on the 3DS. Very enjoyable, quick and easy puzzles to whizz through. Currently too easy but I'm hoping for some headscratchers later on. Haven't looked at the level editor yet but that could be interesting.

Mass Effect 3 on the PC. I think I'm about to enter the "point of no return". So much has happened already! It's time to finish this...

Warhammer Space Marine on 360 - it's okay, nothing special imo, but I know it has it's fans.

Super Mario 3DS - Perfect mario game for wee blasts here n there.

Punch Out Wii - Got it for 2.50 in Game. Completed it 2 days after purchase. A lot of fun.