What Are You Playing?

Still working on 100%-ing Red Dead Redemption... Unlike GTAIV, which felt more like hassle rather than fun, it's alot of fun to try get 100% on RDR. At the moment I'm only 0.7% away from 100% - just need to do bounties now.

I also picked up Duke Nukem Forever, Dance Central (Kincet) and Borderlands along GTAIV (for Ballad of Gay Tony DLC since I already own first DLC). Duke Nukem Forever, when is at least fun enough, I just wish it would be basically sequel to brilliant Duke Nukem 3D... instead it really is another generic shooter with Duke Nukem setting but I do expect that. Having fun with it anyway.

Dance Central Kincet has been brilliant so far - I do need to practice with dance moves though, but it does what I want it to do. Can see why it's one of must have titles for Kincet. I've played Borderlands before but traded it in due to needing money & was bored with it - was meant to pick it up again, but put it off for some reason. When Borderlands 2 was announced I figured I'd finally buy it and try to finish it at least. Glad I've made that decision, having fun with Borderlands again despite really awful bosses.

Finally opened Left 4 dead. Currently playing it through with some friends, however the lack in campaign maps and weaponry is disappointing. Nevertheless I'm getting the same fun out of it as I did playing through Earth defense, I feel this is mainly because I am playing it alongside with others.

Duke Nukem 3D for iPhone. The controls are genuinely horrible and the port's fundimentally broken in several respects, but it was free and it's a pretty good run-down of what was so good about Duke in the first place. It's interesting to go through levels on singleplayer that were so explicitly intended to turn into multiplayer maps.

Completed Torchlight, I started Deus EX HR but was worried I would either rush it or not finish it before Batman Arkham City is released so went for something shorter in playtime. Battlefield Bad Company 2 - loving the variations in levels & just completed the desert level.

Uncharted 2 for me.

I'm not really feeling the love at the moment but I will persist. I think the dialog has been good so far but the is the only thing that has really stood out so far. I think the climbing, big set piece worked better in encharted.

The ai are moronic at times. I have stood right next to them several times without them noticing.

Catherine. Storywise brilliantly intriging (and awkward), gameplaywise mostly frustrating. I thought spending more than thirty lives on one level was only possible in Demon's Souls, but apparantly not. Reaching the top of each level is thus extremely satisfying.

Playing on Normal, by the way.

completed the KZ3 demo today. It's better than the last COD game I played.

Seriously. Sure it's just a collection of scripted events held together by a narrative thread, but it does it better.

You can't see the invisible walls for starters, or rather the illustion of freedom is stronger.

completed the KZ3 demo today. It's better than the last COD game I played.

Seriously. Sure it's just a collection of scripted events held together by a narrative thread, but it does it better.

You can't see the invisible walls for starters, or rather the illustion of freedom is stronger.

It really isn't a good game though.

Mad Moxxi at the moment matey - loving the music on it especially, really good like.

Just completed the Zombie Ned one. Only got Claptrap and Knoxx to begin.

Get Mad Moxxi over & done with, I will be doing Arena 5 this evening. Then you can enjoy Claptrap & Knox both are very good.

is there a better PS3-exclusive shooter then? Because the Resistance demo is a ball-ache.

I thought Killzone 2 was much more successful than it's sequel, personally, but with its weightiness and long weapon reloads it's very much Marmite proposition. And you've probably already played it.

Resistance 3's out tomorrow, but not seen any reviews. If it's embargoed, that's a bit dodgy... I'd also rate Resistance 1 more highly than KZ3, by the way.

[EDIT} Just checked Metacritic and R3's up: 83/100.

The anticipation of Uncharted 3 has got too much, so replaying the first two again. Still think they're two of the very best games ever. Joyful times.

I really have to get a round to playing them both.