IGNORED

What Are You Playing?

Farley

Gave Microsoft a bit too much money recently and piled through Fahrenheit (which was brilliant, till near the end. Wanted more investigation, not alien/Matrix silliness) and then the two Max Payne's.

I never played the first one and I was well disappointed. Had played the second one before on the PC and the first one shat on my memories - where was Max Payne the bad ass? Who was this gurning gimp in place of him? Why was he so constipated? How awful is the sound design? So many things wrong with the game but I saw it through and went through the second one and everything was right with the world. :)

I could be biased, but the second still holds up and plays really well on the console and with the "previously" thing in the menus I don't think there's any reason for someone to play the first if they haven't already done so.

Right now I'm playing Broken Sword on the DS and I'd forgotten how funny the dialogue can be. I must admit I am missing the voice acting, but that's to be expected I suppose.

I've started my traditional annual MGS marathon, this time in series rather than cronological order. I'm still amazed at how well the first one is holding up a decade on.

Damn you! Now I want to do that instead of sticking to my vow to plough through my pile of unplayed games!

Still playing Lost Odyssey. 65 hours in now. I'm enjoying it, but with reservations. Some of the dungeons really are quite boring, but I still love the battle system. When I hit a random battle, I never find myself thinking "Oh, fuck this", which is a bit of a first for me.

Planning on finally taking on Fallout 3 after this.

Still playing Lost Odyssey. 65 hours in now. I'm enjoying it, but with reservations. Some of the dungeons really are quite boring, but I still love the battle system. When I hit a random battle, I never find myself thinking "Oh, fuck this", which is a bit of a first for me.

Yeah, that's the major thing I like about the game. I usually hate random battles but the combat system is so good I sometimes just pop on before work for a little 'grind' to have some fights.

So yeah, I'm still playing Lost Odyssey too.

Also got Plants vs Zombies on the go, and installed Beyond Good and Evil because everyone was getting at me at work for not playing it yet.

Was absolutely glued to Defence Grid: The Awakening last night. I'd never heard of it but I love these tower defence type games. Picked up for a bargain £3.50 on steam.

First time I've lost track of time playing in ages.

I've had to abandon The Lost Levels for now because my idiot TV cannot handle the 60Hz emulation. The screen flickers up and down rhythmically throughout which makes the hardest game on the NES significantly harder. I've gone with the easier European equivalent instead and am now playing Super Mario Bros. 2, which is a lot of fun because it has been quite a while since I last attempted it.

I'm also now playing a GameCube game alongside both a Wii and a VC title, which means Luigi's Mansion is going to get an airing at some point today.

I'm back to playing Fallout 3 after downloading Broken Steel. Raising the level cap makes it feel worthwile again... which is probably a good thing because I got bored half way through the Pitt. Also been playing Endless Ocean on Wii and Resident Evil Directors Cut on PS1.

I am playing Devil May Cry 4. I was crossing a bridge when who should appear but bloody Lady Gaga, with her legs wrapped round a scarecrow!

Thankfully she didn't choose to sing one of her chart hits for me.

That cutscene is pretty damn hot. She is shaven to an inch.

Atm for me I am playing CoD IV again, Bioshock again, Plants vs Zombies, a little bit of Fallout 3, Dead Space, China Town wars and Broken Sword DS. I finally finished Henry Hatswoth last week :o

Valkyria Chronicles - 54 hours plus now. 75% into my second play through and slowly picking off skirmishes and DLC. I'm also enjoying Little King's Story (about 10 hours in), Majora's Mask (5 hours) interspersed with quick blasts of Outrun Arcade.... at which I'm distinctly average. Hoping to start Demon Souls tomorrow but Valkyria could still get in the way :o

I've just signed up for this Backloggery site. What's the difference between 'beaten' and 'completed'?

Beaten = Finished the main goal of the game (beaten the final boss, or seen the final credits)

Completed = Game is 100% complete. All sub-quests and items and levels etc., etc. are beaten.

Mastered is just an extra one for any games that you feel you have particularly excelled at beyond finishing 100%. I ignore that one.

Beaten = Finished the main goal of the game (beaten the final boss, or seen the final credits)

Completed = Game is 100% complete. All sub-quests and items and levels etc., etc. are beaten.

Mastered is just an extra one for any games that you feel you have particularly excelled at beyond finishing 100%. I ignore that one.

Think I'll just ignore 'beaten'. It just overcomplicates things. For me, 'completed' has always been seeing the final credits.

Think I'll just ignore 'beaten'. It just overcomplicates things. For me, 'completed' has always been seeing the final credits.

But that'll just dilute the accolade of 'Complete' for the rest of us.

:o

I trotted down to GameStation today to trade in some old stuff and picked up Red Dead Revolver. Only about an hour in, but it's a nice, 70s-exploitation take on the Western shooter genre. Short levels, too. I'm looking forward to Redemption already.

i was playing Bioshock and quite enjoying it until the 'go to point A, collect widget X, travel to point B, collect doohicky Y, go to point C' repeat until bored/annoyed/ill gameplay began to to fuck me off. now i'm completely scunnered with it.

i'll finish it for no other reason than the time i have played is far greater than what's left, not because i'm desperate to see the ending. which is a shame because it's one of the most robust and atmospheric games i have seen in a long time.

i was playing Bioshock and quite enjoying it until the 'go to point A, collect widget X, travel to point B, collect doohicky Y, go to point C' repeat until bored/annoyed/ill gameplay began to to fuck me off. now i'm completely scunnered with it.

i'll finish it for no other reason than the time i have played is far greater than what's left, not because i'm desperate to see the ending. which is a shame because it's one of the most robust and atmospheric games i have seen in a long time.

Exactly how I feel about the game. Loved the unique settings, atmosphere and the initial play around with the plasmids. But when the game resorted to stale FPS gameplay in a game that has average shooting mechanics at best, I felt like I was just forcing myself through, not really enjoying what was happening, just to get through to the end. Shame.

Gone back to Chaos Theory and Double Agent in prep for Conviction.

The series is still as entertaining as all hell.

Chaos Theory was my favourite of them all. :lol: Using the knife to slice down material, sneak in and then shiv the enemy. :(

Exactly how I feel about the game. Loved the unique settings, atmosphere and the initial play around with the plasmids. But when the game resorted to stale FPS gameplay in a game that has average shooting mechanics at best, I felt like I was just forcing myself through, not really enjoying what was happening, just to get through to the end. Shame.

I never got that with the game. However I did play it in one 8 hour sitting, due to an awesome sales person at Gamestation. When I bought my xbox, they didn't have Mass Effect in, so they said I could have another game for a month and swap it when ME came in. However I completely forgot about Bioshock due to playing CodIV and Halo 3. Me then realizing with 24 hours left. I really ought to play this. I have it on PC as it was £3 in the steam sale. I was about 4 hours into that taking it a much slower place, but I naffed up a save putting me back an hour or so. Havn't picked it up since.

Gone back to Chaos Theory and Double Agent in prep for Conviction.

The series is still as entertaining as all hell.

Woo. I bought Chaos Theory again yesterday after a listen to Tobin's soundtrack through the week had put me in the mood. Amazing game, easily my favourite Xbox title.

Fallout 3 DLC for me for now. I even bought Operation: Anchorage this morning which I don't even really fancy, but I need to see everything.

Well I think I am finally getting over my addiction to Fifa 09 Ultimate Team which I play every day (Time permitting) and now I am now in the mood for a story driven game. So do I go back to try and finish GTA IV, Fallout 3 or Lost Odyssey ?.....decisions decisions.