IGNORED

The White Stripes

MW_Jimmy

S'okay, just a bit underwhelming. The first time I heard Seven Nation Army I was blown away, this just sounds like a throwaway thrash.

Is this the new single or just a leaked track? It's hardly awe-inspiring as a comeback.

I like it. Can't see it reaching the fantastic hights of Seven Nation Army, but it seems good.

Sadly if there's a half decent band up against them Friday night at Glastonbury I'll probably not see them.

Well it looks like I disagree with most of you, I fuckin' :unsure: it!

:D the opening drum stampede

:P the trademark Stripes riffs (Hoe does he makes those sounds?)

:wub: the anger in the lyrics "You got a reaction, you got a readtion didn't you" . Who is he angry at? Also, what is all this white orchids turning blue?

:wub: the thumping drumming from Meg

It is very similar to Seven Nation Army but that's no bad thing is it. Can't wait for the album.

• 1 month later...

Just having a first listen through of Get Behind Me Satan, and it's mostly a piano driven affair in contrast to Elephant's riffing. So much so that Blue Orchid seems kind of out of place on the album.

Intial impressions <_<

Anyone else listening to it ?

God, it's been a miserable week for albums. I've bought three highly anticipated releases and Get Behind Me Satan is the best, which is depressing when you consider it's not that good.

Get Behind Me Satan - 5/10

X&Y - 5/10

Here Come The Tears - 3/10

I'd write more but why should I waste my time on something so pointless? Hooray for next week and The Magic Numbers and St Etienne... and Tesco Jersy getting around to sending my Kraftwerk album.

• 1 month later...
I'd go for the Hammersmith Apollo date over the Ally Pally ones. Saw them at Ally Pally last year and The Stone Roses many years back and it's a bit poo as a music venue

Just a shame that had sold out before I even knew about the shows .

Just a shame that had sold out before I even knew about the shows .

Ive just seen that too, bollocks.

I've been a big fan of the White Stripes, ever since their first album, every one is different.

This album hasn't yet grabbed me musically, but lyrically it is outstanding. Some very dark, sexual themes are covered.

I'm just dissapointed that it doesnt contain the number of thrashing tracks that their earlier stuff did.

well i fucking love the album. Almost every track gets right in yer head. especially "i'm thinkng about my doorbell..."

I agree about meg White. She's rubbish, and just happened to be in the right place at the right time. but theres something about her rubbishness that just makes the whole thing so damned cool

While a lot of people criticise Meg's drumming, I think her talent lies in her ability to keep up with Jack live, as, from waht I've seen, he tends to go off on a few tangents, but Meg keeps her cool, and is right there with him for the whole thing.

They are easily the most visceral live act I have seen. My friend watched them on tv and thought they were shit, saying Jack's guitar playing was very basic and dull, but if you are in the crowd, the shear energy they emit is unbelievable. Alexandra Palace gig last tour was spectacular.