IGNORED

So Monday Then...

footle

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?s...l15th&p=3014696

Melee Damage

Melee damage has been increased across the board as a counter measure of sorts to close-up dual wielding. Jumping strikes are now much more powerful, often resulting in instant kills, while the general potency has been increased for normal melee attacks and the Brute Shot has been given a specific melee attack boost, in recognition of the fact that it has a huge scythe attached to it. This actually makes the Brute Shot a go-to weapon in a lot of new situations.

The Brute Shot is possibly the most useless addition to a game in history. You need to hit someone about five times before they finally die, before which you'll need to reload, and it's impossible to aim because of its sodding range.

Just delete it, Bungie, we all hate it.

The Brute Shot is possibly the most useless addition to a game in history. You need to hit someone about five times before they finally die, before which you'll need to reload, and it's impossible to aim because of its sodding range.

Its actually a very good weapon, currently 3 shots to the body at short-medium range will kill you. It's mainly the placement of the weapon on maps that makes it so useless. I'm looking at you Coag.

It looks like it's going to be a weapon of choice for the new Elongation map.

Except now it does thrice the damage, as it's been powered up along with the grenades. Oh, and the bloody big blade will kill with a single decent melee thwack.

It's a room-clearing monster, just as it should be.

Having said that - it always had its uses. I certainly didn't 'hate it'. You are wrong.

One brute shot to the face and you're fucked. One mellee with the bruteshot and you're fucked. and thats BEFORE the update.

Crispin you n00b :ph34r:

Nah, it takes 2 mellee's to kill someone with it. Maybe after the update it'll have a better lunge or something...

Umm, read it again you n00b. I never said they didnt have a lunge attack. The lunge that I assumed thebigboss was talking about is when they fly at you from a few feet away.

By 'lunge' I meant ''they fly at you from a few feet away,'' not just a melee attack.

Umm, read it again you n00b.

:ph34r:

I've never been killed with a Brute Shot, and I'm shit, so there has to be some truth to this useless malarky.

Me neither.

Although I have killed several people with it. Sneaking around the edge of Coag, grabbing the brute shot and dropping down towards the base and smiting verily.

Maps with Brute Shots in that I know of:

Coag

Headlong

Size of maps = large. Hence usefulness of Brute Shot < bugger all.

Yeah, but brute shot is more useful for destroying vehicles anyways. They just want to add the extra damage on for close combat situations.