IGNORED

Moto GP

Couch Corpse

Haha, I'm not okay with the dubbing, its absolutely awful, but also funny at the same time. But I've been enjoying the rest, it could go into more detail on some of the more noteable events of the season (Vinales' firing, Rossi's retirement), with maybe more stuff from behind the scenes or reactions from the paddock, but theres less forced drama than Drive to Survive and the Espargaro's come across really well on it

Looks like Marquez's mega shunt at the weekend has had unfortunate consequences:

Definitely not great. Beginning to think that we might not be seeing MM out on track too much in the future, if again. Guy is hugely banged up.

Yeah I think he needs to consider retiring, its not worth it in the long term.

How Martin stayed on his bike I don't know, I imagine he's gonna have to bin those leathers.

• 2 weeks later...

Moto3 race was excellent, Garcia's move on Foggia was just wow

Moto2 bikes remind me of the 90s era of grand Prix riding, the riding styles too, like they seem to have to use their shoulders and bums to manipulate the bikes more, Aldeguers crash was pretty horrible

Pleased for Aleix Espargaro, bit disappointed Rins couldn't close the gap

Yeah that was a great ride by Marquez, his front wheel almost got away from him at one point too.

Second for Rins too! Suzuki are looking very consistant, in fact they're leading the teams championship 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like WSB is gonna give us another fun year, Bautista, Rea and Razgatlioglu all pretty close throughout the first weekend. The Ducatis in particular look really strong

BSB highlights are tonight on Quest

Glad everyone walked away from Moto2.

And FFS Miller, he could have had Mir on the following lap if he'd have been patient, there was no way he was slowing down for that corner.

Ah well, Rins joint top!

So the rather surpising that Suzuki are leaving Moto GP at the end of this year. How utterly bizarre to put all that work into getting a bike that is truly competitive and then call it a day. No official announcement yet, but it has been confirmed by some members of the team that they were informed at the testing session this past weekend. 

By the way, am I the only one here who doesn't really feel any particular excitement watching Quartararo race? Don't know what it is about him, but I just couldn't care less how well he is doing. I find him rather bland to be honest. 

10 hours ago, SteveH said:

So the rather surpising that Suzuki are leaving Moto GP at the end of this year. How utterly bizarre to put all that work into getting a bike that is truly competitive and then call it a day. No official announcement yet, but it has been confirmed by some members of the team that they were informed at the testing session this past weekend. 

Man, they won the title and have been competitive for a few years now. I guess they proved their point in a sense, but considering the have almost zero production racing input I assume they will just stop racing.

Will be disappointed if Suzuki do leave. I mean Rins is only 30 points off Quartararo.

Re Quartararo, he's not flashy and exciting to watch, but when he's on it he's scarily consistent, almost robotic and on rails.

Anyone else watching the Miller-Marquez fight and wondering which one was gonna bin it first? 

Lastly, I know Martin is supposed to be Ducatis other next big thing, but, well, at the moment he's worse than Miller has been for crashing.

Miller is almost always at the front or podium position for 80% of the race then fades a touch to finish 4th - 6th. He isn't a crasher but should probably have more podiums than he does. Martin is more a win it or bin it type, if the factory suits love you it can forgive a lot however.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Franky Morbidelli finds his mojo again soon. He had some fine rides on the year or two old Petronas bike, I was looking forwards to seeing great things from him with the move up to factory team.

The shoulder cam is pretty cool like what Aleix Espargaro had last weekend, but I really hope they are working on a helmet cam and it comes some time soon...

And a race there at Spa would be cool.

I don't remember seeing the spinning 360 degree camera in quite a while what was on the back of the tail unit of a couple of bikes occasionally :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to see a few different faces up front for a while at least, iirc the Ducati was clocked at 226mph or 236mph, can't remember which rider but they were 5mph or so quicker than all others.

Well, I'm hoping Marquez has a successful operation and comes back to winning form. I'd much rather see him go out on a high than just quietly fade away into the background. He's still a young guy after all. 

I hear the commentators keep saying how Nakagami is fighting for his career this year, but not mention Alex Marquez at all. Nakagami might not be setting the world alight, but he has almost double the points of A Marquez so far. 

I wish Alex could get on a better bike as I'm sure he would be up the sharp end otherwise. I'd like to see Nakagami stay on as well. I always have a soft spot for Japanese riders. 

Same here with Nakagami, I could be wrong but the pressure on top level Japanese riders must be severe. They're not very common compared to Spanish and Italians, there are two riding in BSB this year but are struggling a bit so far. 

The Honda isn't the king maker bike it used to be so that needs to be taken into account when judging riders not just plain results. Like you mentioned @SteveHto see Taka and Alex Marquez on different bikes would be interesting. Dovi also would surely be doing better on a Ducati again?

What the hell happened to the Suzuki's? I know they both crashed out but they were nowhere prior to that, just pure straight line speed letting them down?

As for Marquez, I've said before I think he needs to consider what's more important, he's going to be more scars and metal than man, almost like he worships Barry Sheene.

Of course a Mike Hailwood at the TT style comeback would be amazing to see.