rllmuk
Couch Corpse

Moto GP 2019 Season

Someone should probably tell Aleix Espargaro you're supposed to get quicker when you're the one that needs a new contract, rather than being literally half the field behind your teammate.

Oh dear.

I'll quote the BT commentator.  "If you want to know Ducati sacked him, there it is."

This said, I'm glad it was Lorenzo to address the karmic balance from Mugello.

And while checking that I realised Barbera is STILL the top Ducati in the championship.  On a 2 year old bike. Although part of that is that he (and Laverty) have scored points every race and the best record of anyone on a 15 or 16 is 4/7 finished.

I'm surprised by Yonny Hernandez's fall from grace too.  Considered an Iannone level future star a couple of years back (before Iannone went insane) then Petrucci hands him his arse last year and now suddenly he's on a 2 year old bike and literally dead last in the championship.

Not a bad first WSB race last night. Pleased to see Hayden hold off the guys behind to secure a podium, as he has a habit of losing places as the race reaches the final few laps.

I just wish F1 would get to being half as exciting as the bikes as I haven't watched an F1 race in a couple of years now.

On 7/10/2016 at 15:19, SteveH said:

I just wish F1 would get to being half as exciting as the bikes as I haven't watched an F1 race in a couple of years now.

How would you know how exciting it is then?  Monaco was great this year, for example.

12 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

How would you know how exciting it is then?  Monaco was great this year, for example.

Friend of mine watches it every week and always tells me about the races, and I have a nosey at other forums to see what's going on. And while Hamilton is doing a Vettel and winning based on having the best car, it does nothing for me. Much prefer the Indy Cars at the moment.

Just caught up on last week, how awesome for Cal. Would have been amazing to have done it at Silverstone but what an achievement regardless.

Bit disappointed with the WSB. Although the races were close, once again the usual suspects were at the front, and sadly the new Honda Fireblades were nowhere. I hope it doesn't become an F1 style borefest.

Probably, as you say the races are exciting its just the same 3 or 4 riders up front. I got pretty bored last year i have to say. The new reverse win/starting order is kinda confusing at first but should hopefully mix things up.

Edited by McFly

Damn Zarco was on a flyer 

Maverick first, Dovi second, and Rossi in third on last lap with Lorenzo all the way down in eleventh, oof.

Awesone ride from Vinales, he kept his head well and manged to time things well.

Big shout out to John McPhee getting 2nd in Moto3 now he has a decent bike we'll see what he can really do.

• Upvote 1

True enough, but theres Hondas then theres Hondas, plus another few years experience will help.

2nd for McPhee, that'll do nicely. Consistency is key, especially podium consistency.

It's amazing given how manic Moto3 is that the podium has been the same both races.

• Upvote 1

And that theres so few mass pile ups. The race craft and awareness of these kids is incredible

Pretty boring MotoGP race for Jerez, normally a bit closer racing on this track. Shame Cal came off, I think he'd have got 4th or 5th if he'd stayed on

4 hours ago, Junker said:

Shame Cal came off, I think he'd have got 4th or 5th if he'd stayed on

Its frankly a surprise to me when he finishes a race.

Its probably not 100% backed up by stats (and I know he has a few good results) but my interpretation of him is that he's either fuming all weekend that the bike is slow or he's fast and throws it at a gravel trap.

Definitely fast but he's been doing this too long at this level to be off so often imo. He should be solidly top 8 or so every week.

• Upvote 1

Sam Lowes too, although this year he appears to have swapped it for riding like his nan.

23 hours ago, thesnowman said:

Its frankly a surprise to me when he finishes a race.

Its probably not 100% backed up by stats (and I know he has a few good results) but my interpretation of him is that he's either fuming all weekend that the bike is slow or he's fast and throws it at a gravel trap.

Definitely fast but he's been doing this too long at this level to be off so often imo. He should be solidly top 8 or so every week.

I know what you mean, but I guess he's never going to win a championship so it's race wins and podiums he's after.