24: The Game

Shepperton

Apparently the game controls are really bad and feel really similar to the ones found in the Getaway games for ps3. I had high hopes for this game....

It's absolutely awful.

And yet it's great fun.

I don't quite know how that works, but it does.  :wub:

I don't think it's awful so much as it has elements that are broken and elements that are pretty good. It certainly captures the feel of the show, apart from I don't remember Jack accidentally targetting walls in a firefight in the series or being unable to look high enough up in the air to shoot a helicopter.

There's a 17 minute long comedy gameplay video at Gamefront.

Makes it look awful.

The big fuckoff targeting circle looks really intrusive, like a big window that just pops out in front of every enemy that you aim at. The end of the video is really great also. ;)

There's a 17 minute long comedy gameplay video at Gamefront.

Makes it look awful.

The big fuckoff targeting circle looks really intrusive, like a big window that just pops out in front of every enemy that you aim at. The end of the video is really great also. :)

43 minutes waiting in a que, only to be told that someone on my IP is already downloading a file ;)

Bunch of arse rapidshare. rapidshite... not even that, slowshite more like.

43 minutes waiting in a que, only to be told that someone on my IP is already downloading a file ;)

Bunch of arse rapidshare. rapidshite... not even that, slowshite more like.

Only took me a minute of waiting and I got the video in about 10 mins. I'd upload it somewhere else if I hadn't already deleted it.

from the thing i downloaded it looks very simular to a episode of 24.. the gfx look alright nothing that great though.

it does seem very simular in ways to metal gear solid, although not as polished. I thought there was way to many gun fights in that video though.

The official PS2 mag rated it 8/10....

its out in march i believe.

This is actually very good; the show's style has been implemented into the game really well.

Really?..The demo from OPSM was dire.I was really looking forward to this as it is out the day before my birthday so would be the obvious present for a 24 fan such as me.

Glad its good though.Might go back on the pressie list

its "out there" HOLY CRAP!!

I got it pre-ordered but my birthday is this week and ive booked a week off.. id really love to play it during that.

But apparently "Just to clear it up, this is not the retail. It's a DVD9 split over 2 DVDs and you will run into problems near the end of the first disc"

hmm

the demo is ok. it's like a playable Getaway, but the helicopter bit at the end is confusing and frustrating, and a bit shit.

Yep. Wouldn't let me target it most of the time, and I couldn't see it half the time due to the camera going all spazzy and hanging too low. The only time I could shoot it is when it landed, and then I had the baddies on foot to contend with too.

Rest was fine though - not nearly as bad as you might think.

As a massive 24 fan, this sadly ain't doing it for me. It's nice to see all the usual cats, and sit through another 24 adventure, but when the cut-scenes end and you take over, it all falls apart, IMO.

Some great ideas for sure, but it's let down by the system more than anything...the PS2 is waaay past its death, a massive license like this deserved to be on some newer systems.

In particular, that PS2 pad kills it for me.