IGNORED

Die Hard On Itv Tonight

cyd charisse

Possibly. Was uncut though, and the best bit where Gruber falls from the skyscraper still looks very cool today. Not like, say, the Joker falling from the church in Batman.

It looks so cool because it's real. Can't remember the actual height they dropped him, but they only did it once and that's how they got the look of all the muscles on his face relaxing.

It looks so cool because it's real.  Can't remember the actual height they dropped him, but they only did it once and that's how they got the look of all the muscles on his face relaxing.

Cooo, I didn't know that. I thought "ace compositing"... must be why..! I don't think any of the three Die Hard movies are bad in any way whatsoever. So many good moments in them. I need the box set.

Cooo, I didn't know that. I thought "ace compositing"... must be why..! I don't think any of the three Die Hard movies are bad in any way whatsoever. So many good moments in them. I need the box set.

Off of IMDB:

For the shot where Hans Gruber falls from the top of the building, Alan Rickman was actually falling from a 20-foot high model. He was holding on to a stunt man and falling on to an air bag. To get the right reaction, the stunt man dropped Rickman on the count of two, not three.

Richard Gere was also considered for the role of McClane, and the film editor had to quickly cut away from Hans' face whenever he fired a gun as Alan Rickman used to always flinch at the gun noise and muzzle flash. Not so hard now, eh? :lol:

I watched it the other night but the recent revelation to me on here about it originally being intended to be about John 'AMAZING' Matrix left me wondering about how much better it could have been.

Matrix vs Gruber = Clash of the Titans

'Yooo tink I'm fucking stoopid, Harnnnz?'

'Dat's der noize yorr brudder made when I broke his fucking neck'

Of course, they'd probably have upped the ante somewhat by having 50 terrorist on every floor, each one armed with minguns and rocket launchers in order to make them seem a believable threat to John...