IGNORED

Your Psp ?

Salsa Party Animal

I think he meant the original GBA with the wheel volume slider which did give you far more precision than the sp and ds one.

Actually I meant either. My SP one works fine and any type of analog control where you can very quickly mute it is better than the silly -/+ buttons

I really wouldn't do that, it will only get worse

Not in a dust free room ;) Not that I have one of those though.

I wasnt planning on it choddo. Anyway during a brief sojourn to the bathroom, I spotted the dust has gone now ?? Watched a bit of AvP in the bog <_< good lord its a bad movie, nice on the PSP though :o

Guest Supermackem

Anyone feel the usa psp feel more solid. I compaird the usa one i have just got to the jap launch machine my friend has, and the usa machine feels a tad more solid to me.

Installing the new firmware onto my Japanese PSP has just made me unable to connect to the neighbour's wireless router, so no Twisted Metal: Head On internet play for me <_<

There's no way to remove the firmware, either, so I'm fucked until my line is activated and I use my own router.

*sigh*

Ed, which firmware did you update it with? With the Network Update option in the system menu?

Yeah. I could connect to the Update service when I had the factory-default firmware. After installing it I now can't connect to the Update service.

Yeah.  I could connect to the Update service when I had the factory-default firmware.  After installing it I now can't connect to the Update service.

You checked it didn't reset your network settings? I think you can be re-flash it with the old firmware via USB...

You checked it didn't reset your network settings? I think you can be re-flash it with the old firmware via USB...

Yeah. I did a "Restore Factory Settings" after I'd installed it in the vague hope it'd reset the firmware and re-did all the network stuff.

Flashing with an old firmware scares me a little! The firmware installer said you couldn't revert once you'd installed it...

I guess I'm just gonna have to wait until I get my *own* wireless network :wacko:

I had to manually set up my connection before the PSP could see it...

But yeah, that's probably the best idea. Apparently there's a leaked update floating around the net that can kill your PSP when you boot it -

"Now it just sits there with a black screen. Wah!

It turns on, backlight comes on with a black screen... makes a few accesses to the memorycard, spins up the drive for a bit, spins down the drive, turns itself off.

Well, I think its officially dead. Unless I can get some miracle cure this PSP has lost its mind and is never coming back... "

:wacko:

Installing the new firmware onto my Japanese PSP has just made me unable to connect to the neighbour's wireless router, so no Twisted Metal: Head On internet play for me :rolleyes:

There's no way to remove the firmware, either, so I'm fucked until my line is activated and I use my own router.

*sigh*

Odd. I connected to my neighbours internet with my PSP last night with the 1.5 firmware and it worked fine. :wacko:

Installing the new firmware onto my Japanese PSP has just made me unable to connect to the neighbour's wireless router, so no Twisted Metal: Head On internet play for me :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Are you sure your neighbour hasn`t done something to his wireless network? E.G His router or PC might be turned of when you attempted to connect? Perhaps you should go round and complain :wacko:

Odd. I connected to my neighbours internet with my PSP last night with the 1.5 firmware and it worked fine. :wacko:

I don't think it's made me unable to connect, rather it's somehow changed how it connects. I'm sure that, if I had access to the router, I'd be able to get it to work fine.

I don't think it's made me unable to connect, rather it's somehow changed how it connects.  I'm sure that, if I had access to the router, I'd be able to get it to work fine.

Ed, go to Network Settings -> Infrastructure Mode -> New Connection, give it a name, make sure the WLAN switch is on then choose Scan. Your neighbours router will be picked up if it's switched on, and you should be able to join it (that's assuming you connected to it before without any problems).

Ed, go to Network Settings -> Infrastructure Mode -> New Connection, give it a name, make sure the WLAN switch is on then choose Scan. Your neighbours router will be picked up if it's switched on, and you should be able to join it (that's assuming you connected to it before without any problems).

I've done that, I've remade the connections with the two wireless networks that are in range and unprotected. Still can't join it, I get some error code that ends up (after a Google search) to be a DHCP problem, which didn't happen before...

...I suppose it's possible that they've changed the router settings between last night and this morning, but my laptop is still connecting okay...

why don't you just check the DHCP settings on the PC with IPCONFIG /ALL

try pinging another IP in that subnet (say you get 192.168.1.1 then try something like

PING 192.168.1.190

If that's free (no response) then use that IP address manually on the PSP

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was just wondering if many of the people in this thread, who said their PSP had no dead pixels, can say if that is still the situation. The reason for asking is that when I got mine from VG+ it was fine when I first used it. But a day later 2 dead pixels appeared, and now another day later I have 7 in total.

To be honest it's not that bad. I never notice it while I'm playing a game. But one weird thing is that 2 of the pixels are white when off, but appear black when the unit is on. They're the ones that I occasionally see.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was just wondering if many of the people in this thread, who said their PSP had no dead pixels, can say if that is still the situation.  The reason for asking is that when I got mine from VG+ it was fine when I first used it.  But a day later 2 dead pixels appeared, and now another day later I have 7 in total.

To be honest it's not that bad.  I never notice it while I'm playing a game.  But one weird thing is that 2 of the pixels are white when off, but appear black when the unit is on.  They're the ones that I occasionally see.

used mine nearly everyday since 29/3, no probs so far (ordered from VG+)

Fingers crossed!

Got mine from Lik-Sang on friday, no issues at all (apart from people with gruby hands leaving smudges all over it... why people... why!?)

Also, I seem to recall someone asking about US games on JPN machines... Well, my US Ridge Racer works fine on my JPN PSP.

Which is nice.