rllmuk
FishyFish

Doctor Who

There was footage of one of the exterior scenes being filmed in one of last years Confidentials and it was literally a three man crew filming Smith, Gillen and Rory (Barry from Eastenders.) There's some black magic or something going on in their editing rooms.

Three man crew? Absolutely not.

They doooooo.

If being roughly the same colour and wearing a suit makes things look that alike then I'm getting a job as a Pierce Brosnan impersonator.

The Guardian's got an article up with a pretty hefty spoiler.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/apr/05/doctor-who-new-series

The programme's show runner Steven Moffat risked the ire of fans with a "spoiler" giving away that one of four characters – the Doctor, played by Matt Smith, his companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan), her husband Rory Williams (Arthur Davill) or mysterious fellow time traveller River Song, played by former ER star Alex Kingston – will meet their doom.

"We're not lying, we're not cheating. One of those four people is going to die," Moffat told the new issue of Doctor Who magazine.

Spoiler free reviews of the first two episodes - here

Most early previews for Doctor Who are gushing so you can never treat any of these comments as gospel but it certainly sounds very promising.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I don't know why or where I read it, but I had the impression the Doctor and River's next meeting would be, from her perspective, their first, but her 'hello sweetie' suggests that's definitely not the case.

For a man who doesn't age, Jack's not looking too great ;)

Haha yeah, Angel disease.

"I don't age lol"

tumblr_lgbn74KKVM1qcqg6uo1_400.jpg

(Several years and a few too many burgers later)

"oops"

Angel-Season-5-angel-3698993-558-400.jpg

The Guardian's got an article up with a pretty hefty spoiler.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/apr/05/doctor-who-new-series

The programme's show runner Steven Moffat risked the ire of fans with a "spoiler" giving away that one of four characters – the Doctor, played by Matt Smith, his companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan), her husband Rory Williams (Arthur Davill) or mysterious fellow time traveller River Song, played by former ER star Alex Kingston – will meet their doom.

"We're not lying, we're not cheating. One of those four people is going to die," Moffat told the new issue of Doctor Who magazine.

Yeah but

They've all already died at least once, it doesn't mean much :D

Some spoilers from the Radio Times

• Amy and Rory are caught up in a century~spanning scheme.

• The Silence blew up the TARDIS.

• The lines,"Fear me - I've killed hundreds of Time Lords," and "Fear me - I've killed all of them," come from The Doctor's Wife.

• The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People is about "an alien shape~changer and an industrial dispute"; a cross between The Thing and Made In Dagenham.

• A Good Man Goes To War sees The Doctor and Rory "blaze across galaxies to save the woman in both their lives." It also sees the return of the Cybermen.

The Radio Times have confirmed the first episode of the news series of Doctor Who will be broadcast on Saturday 23rd April at 6pm.

Some spoilers from the Radio Times

• Amy and Rory are caught up in a century~spanning scheme.

• The Silence blew up the TARDIS.

• The lines,"Fear me - I've killed hundreds of Time Lords," and "Fear me - I've killed all of them," come from The Doctor's Wife.

• The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People is about "an alien shape~changer and an industrial dispute"; a cross between The Thing and Made In Dagenham.

• A Good Man Goes To War sees The Doctor and Rory "blaze across galaxies to save the woman in both their lives." It also sees the return of the Cybermen.

Oh my god, best thing of all, the

Cybermen

in the BBC publicity shot from A Good Man Goes to War

don't have the stupid Cybus logo 'C' on their chest, so they're proper ones at long last, not the alt-Universe RTD ones.

I do like Moffat's idea of forgoing the usual lightweight first episode of the series and jumping in with a big one :)

I do like Moffat's idea of forgoing the usual lightweight first episode of the series and jumping in with a big one :)

In fairness to RTD (I never thought I'd type that) it might be because this is the first real series where they haven't had to introduce a major new character (be it a Doctor or companion). In previous years the first episode has had to set up character whereas the four key characters now are established so they can just jump in to the story.

Anyway, here is a rather nice irritating video.