Doctor Who

FishyFish

This place is a downer. Fair enough it wasn't up with the last 2 eps but in space year 2010 how can it still give you a chubby to type out why something wasn't as good as something else that's better than it?

I think I'll keep watching the series and stop reading this thread.

I did like that the 'worst' that the Daleks could do was turn on the lights of London so the Germans could bomb it. A real few notches down from the 'whole world in imminent peril' stuff that RTD came up with, but still a credible threat.

Then a few minutes later the Dr was having to stop them splitting the whole world in two. :lol:

The episode probably would've been much better without all that nonsense - a bit more time to make it feel less rushed, no "love saving the day" stuff, plus resisting the urge to have the potential of every threat being to DESTROY THE WORLD.

The episode probably would've been much better without all that nonsense - a bit more time to make it feel less rushed, no "love saving the day" stuff, plus resisting the urge to have the potential of every threat being to DESTROY THE WORLD.

For once, I don't agree. It needed a big threat to make the Doctor let the Daleks go. Otherwise he was fully intent on wiping them out.

I think the Emilia/Amy name change is something which could come into play later on in the series. Plus I'm intrigued by the bit where she comforted that robot bloke in Victory of the Daleks with "I know how it feels, I really do". Plus, of course, no prior knowledge of the Daleks. Interesting...

This was a bit where I thought it fell down the most.

An entirely lit up London was a really shit threat.

It would've been less of a shit threat if they'd done anything, absolutely anything, to demonstrate the danger it presented. It had potential.

I think the Emilia/Amy name change is something which could come into play later on in the series. Plus I'm intrigued by the bit where she comforted that robot bloke in Victory of the Daleks with "I know how it feels, I really do". Plus, of course, no prior knowledge of the Daleks. Interesting...

Err I dont think theres been a name change. Isnt it Amelia. shortened to amy

Reading through the comments here, no-one seems to have mentioned just how clunky the handling of Churchill was.

I can accept the fact that Ian McNiece looks bugger all like Churchill apart from being fat, but they could have at least made a stab at the voice and mannerisms. Actually he did the voice for about 5 minutes at one spot then just went back to speaking normally.

I'm going to have to watch The Eleventh Hour again now and try and spot clues about the crack/timeline/what the heck is going on.

I love a good mystery.

Whose was the shadow running around the house we saw at one point.

It wasnt Prisoner 0 cos at that point, it didnt have anyone to imprint?

He was more like Father Christmas than Winston Churchill

Indeed. Churchill was a very complex man and not a 100% 'good guy' as he was depicted here. In fact, having him and the Doc as 'best mates' joshing about stealing the TARDIS door key to end the war in 1940 and save millions of lives was all a bit...odd.

Indeed. Churchill was a very complex man and not a 100% 'good guy' as he was depicted here. In fact, having him and the Doc as 'best mates' joshing about stealing the TARDIS door key to end the war in 1940 and save millions of lives was all a bit...odd.

They covered that in Confidential. Gatiss did his research, but decided that Who wasn't the best format for having that "conversation". Instead he went for the generic image of Churchill that most people think of, which is a bit disappointing really.