Doctor Who

FishyFish

Yeah I hope it's not going to be a case of Amy saving the day all the time, that'll get predictable and dull fast.

On a brighter note: Matt Smith as The Doctor was, again, excellent. In the RTD era, the whole bit about "hey at least you saved the Earth!" would either have been left out entirely or just ended up with him stomping off in a grump. I like that this Doctor is able to see a brighter side, and it's not all doom and gloom all the time.

When they first brought back the Daleks they made a big point about showing them rotate their centre to shoot in 360 degrees, but it's something they've never actually bothered with again. With this new redeisgn it doesn't even look like they're supposed to be able to move their 'centre', it's just massive for no apparent reason.

I er, liked it. :omg: Especially the scene with Bill Patterson being 'defused.'

Bloody Scottish agenda again though! ;)

I reckon the TARDIS might be causing all the cracks in the fabric of the universe after it got all fucked up at the end of the last season. Also, with the talk of Amy not remembering the Daleks, did the doctor actually fall into a parallel universe at the start of episode 1? Hopefully it's not the same universe that human David Tennant got stranded in with Rose. Yuck.

Also, with the talk of Amy not remembering the Daleks, did the doctor actually fall into a parallel universe at the start of episode 1?

Oh yeah, that. I just hope it's going somewhere decent and not just something thats going to be used as a reset button to make humans forget about the obvious alien activity.

Also - be more subtle with the crack. That's 2 weeks in a row it's been "THERE IT IS! OMG CAN YOU SEE IT!"

I don't think it's supposed to a cryptic red herring or anything though, not like 'Bad Wolf' was or any its wonky follow-ups. The problem with the previous efforts was that they were trying to be subtle but were in fact blatant as fuck, just sticking random words into sentences that stuck out like a sore thumb. With the cracks they're not trying to hide it, it's more of a clear and ominous build-up to where the story is heading.