Doctor Who

FishyFish

So, what do people think of the

new design

daleks? (spoiler for next episode)

link here for images: http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features...-who-daleks/01/

looks to me like they are human created daleks based on the originals... like one man tank things. Where the top comes off easily.

Give it a whole season and Matt Smith might approach this level of cool.

[yt]AsT_ZFs3S4M[/yt]

hated that bit... always did... always will

I'm watching the old new Who through at the moment to keep me sane whilst studying. It's so.. haphazard. Next to Matt Smith's new performance I'm amazed at how grumpy and depressing David's Doctor truly is. Still, I would.

I think those pictures are alright -

Classic Dalek Colours make a comeback :lol:

I agree with the Ghostbusters hate - felt jarring. A joke for us in the audience, that I could never see the characters doing.

I also like that he kind of brushed off the Time War and Family Members relatively briefly instead of staring teary eyed into the distance and bellowing "I'm a Time Lord, I watched the Metabollock Cathedrals of Sphincteranus XII burn in a fiery fire of burning fire as the darkness fell. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry!!!!!" while Murray Gold frantically hammers the FEEL SAD button his Casio keyboard before snapping back to "You Hyuuu-mans, with your sausage and mash and your Ant and Dec and your iPads, BRILLIANT!!!!!"

:ph34r:

It's not sophisticated, but I did enjoy it. I liked how he didn't have any politeness about it, as if both his cultural compass and his tastebuds hadn't settled down yet.

I enjoyed the Dr walking into a tree as well. I suppose that makes me an idiot.

Is that the Kylie in a forklift ep? They're all blending into one timey wimey, oddy mystic, big red button, load POM POM POM music at inopportune moments blur for me now...

It is yeah, the Titanic one. I like it. And there's that song, "The Stowaway" which lights the Irish Christmassy fire within me that Fairytale of New York also manages. BALACAVALATA. Please excuse me, post-exam cider.

The Ancient Doctor in a cage one was where The Master (who rocked, before he got all mental) took over the world and Martha saved the day by... talking. Yeah.

I thought Voyage of the Damned was one of the real low points of the Tennant era, mostly thanks to the cast of sitcom rejects that it featured in place of actual believable characters.

Actually, thinking about it, there was a lot of shit in the Tennant years. Personal low points for me include the excruciating Olympics sequence from Fear Her, the Ghostbusters bit that someone posted a while ago, pretty much the whole of the Davros clusterfuck two-parter, and anything with Catherine Tate in. It's a shame, because Tennant could have been a great Doctor, but he was given such rubbish to contend with most of the time that his potential was really wasted. In retrospect, Eccleston had as much quality in his single series as Tennant did in four years.

let's be fair - when DTs episodes were good - they were very very good.

Don't forget the whole Human Nature/Family of Blood/Blink/Utopia run. 4 episodes of AMAZE. I also enjoyed the Master 2 parter. Also, series 2 had the werewolf one and madamme pompadour - they were also really good. Cybermen weren't so good.

The Big Brother bits in 'Bad Wolf' have already dated really badly.

Generally, if people like it, that means the ratings will stay high (obviously). Of course, what it's scheduled against, and the time of year (e.g. sunny days = lower ratings) impact the number of viewers too.

The Appreciation Index (the measure of how much the viewers liked it) for the first episode is promising; I don't think the figure for the latest episode has been released yet, but it will be interesting to see what the public thought about it.

Link (with comparisons to other shows and the AI previous Doctor Who episodes):

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010...at-ratings.html

This episode got a rating of 86; not bad at all. So the fears that people wouldn't take to a new doctor after Tenant are unfounded.

The Ancient Doctor in a cage one was where The Master (who rocked, before he got all mental) took over the world and Martha saved the day by... talking. Yeah.

I liked the Master, in ways, but felt he was underserved in more ways. For a start Jacobi was by far the more interesting of the two actors involved (for me). He just felt like a proper Master rather than Sim's mirror image of Tennant. Similarly for all the times he was creepy and scary there were far more when he was clownish and haphazard. Lastly RTD needed to be beaten with a stick that said 'you do not need to give everything a crap and cheap backstory'. I suppose we should be grateful that he never got his childish hands on doing the Time War. If he had it would have been 5 Time Lord vs 5 Daleks in a swimming pool full of mud with Tennant fighting for Rose's sluggy eyebrows.

Please excuse me, post-exam cider.

Hurrah :P Mine was a Hoegarden, and was post marking student work ;) But I appreciate the sentiment.

John Simm has a healthy capacity for deliberate, considered creep. I was extraordinarily optimistic when I discovered he would take the Master's mantle.

Erm, until I saw the episodes in question. I'll thoroughly blame T. Davies' push for a wackier, zany Master, the evil Tennant (and I consider Tennant pretty evil anyway). Total bullshit.

John Simm has a healthy capacity for deliberate, considered creep. I was extraordinarily optimistic when I discovered he would take the Master's mantle.

Erm, until I saw the episodes in question. I'll thoroughly blame T. Davies' push for a wackier, zany Master, the evil Tennant (and I consider Tennant pretty evil anyway). Total bullshit.

Where's that master thumbs up gif? I thought he was at his best when being properly nuts. Last of the Timelords was let down by it's crappy crappy conclusion but the preceding 2 and a half eps were fun.

I also like that he kind of brushed off the Time War and Family Members relatively briefly instead of staring teary eyed into the distance and bellowing "I'm a Time Lord, I watched the Metabollock Cathedrals of Sphincteranus XII burn in a fiery fire of burning fire as the darkness fell. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry!!!!!" while Murray Gold frantically hammers the FEEL SAD button his Casio keyboard before snapping back to "You Hyuuu-mans, with your sausage and mash and your Ant and Dec and your iPads, BRILLIANT!!!!!"

I thought Moffat handled this brilliantly. I wondered when 11 would get to explaining the Time War to Amy and all 11 says is "Um.. yeah, it was a bad day". Just a lovely throwaway line that dealt with continuity and certainly set Smith apart from his predecessor (in the way demonstrated above).

I used to like Kylie Minogue until a friend of mine who works as a Dr in Cardiff Heath hospital told me he operated on her after she was brought in with a massive rectal prolapse after being fucked in the arse to hard.

And now you love her.

And now you love her.

It's good to know she takes up the shitter but I also now know that their is a chance her insides will fall out and the resulting vacuum created by her colon and intestines rushing out towards my stomach will probably rip my cock off.