Doctor Who

FishyFish

I don't like him because he spoils the good stuff he does with some god awful stuff - like the stuff during the food eating sequence. Yes, I KNOW it's funny, I don't need loud clown music intruding on the scene. The music should enhance the on-screen action, harmonise with it but not intrude on it.

I thought that was perfectly pitched, to be honest.

Enhanced the mood rather than going over the top, as Murray sometimes does when it comes to series finales.

His best music full stop was in Human Nature/Family of Blood. Glorious.

I've been watching Doctor Who Confidential tonight and it's just reinforced how much I loved everything about this week's episode.

The enthusiasm of everyone involved is infectious. We are in safe hands, everyone.

I particularly enjoyed not having to watch RTD's fat face pop up every ten minutes to tell us all how brilliant he is.

Aye I just watched it as well. Hearing Moffat read the script was brilliant. A lot of hunger in the air is what it looked like.

1 episode and I'm a Dr Who fan again, they must be doing something right. (Or maybe many things right.)

Both the themes posted on the last couple of pages are really rather nice; but you have to be so careful with choral lines. I feel like it's being used in both of these as a slightly cheap way to infuse it with epicness when neither of them need it.

IS LIKE CHRISTMAS MUSIC

Has the Mail seriously not gone with some "Paedo Agenda" outrage yet? A little girl let a complete stranger INTO HER HOUSE. What if all little girls start doing that? Oh noes!

You know how Moffat has described New New Who as a kind of fairytale? Well, he stuck that thought in the dialogue too... twice!

Loved the episode btw, apart from the got-way-worse-again-for-some-reason-probably-budget-cuts CGI.

So much more texture to the cinematography with the new team, no?

I guess the CGI is worse because the show's filmed in HD so they have to make it look reasonable in HD at the expense of looking particularly brilliant overall. Er, does that make sense?

Yet that didn't affect the specials. So either it was a rushed post-production schedule, or the new team are bedding in how to film to best integrate the FX, or it's budget cuts. I doubt The Mill's team is new, so they should have had an FX supervisor on set to advise for the shots where live action elements were required. Bit strange all round, really.

Still, remember the Nestene Consciousness from Rose? LOLZ.

Quite apart from the rubbish CGI, the alien creature itself was very uninspiring as a design. It was much more effective as an imagined creature hiding behind the scary dog man, and if they did have to show it at all they should have gone for something far more abstract and fleeting, in line with the "It's in the corner of your eye" idea.

Quite apart from the rubbish CGI, the alien creature itself was very uninspiring as a design. It was much more effective as an imagined creature hiding behind the scary dog man, and if they did have to show it at all they should have gone for something far more abstract and fleeting, in line with the "It's in the corner of your eye" idea.

Yeah, did seem a bit rushed. For me, it was all about the dialogue, which was very, very good indeed.

I watched it again. A big problem I have with the episode is that it borrows a lot from other episodes, both Moffat's and others. Lawrence Miles is probably preparing to go to town on this one since he's complained about Moffat doing that before. Still, it's very well put together and well written and funny etc. And I like the "Doctorvision" thing. And I quite like the monster too actually.