Doctor Who

FishyFish

Everything I've read so far has been overwhelmingly positive, with the most recent review I've read (from SFX) suggesting that the Eleventh Hour is by far the best season opener since the show returned in 2005.

Much as I like SFX they professed to love ~everything~ about the RTD era...

Matt causing some issues for the editors and directors with him performing retakes differently.

Yeah that sounds along the lines of what I've been hearing too, apparently they've got a bit of a "we'll just fix it in post" producer, who are never really popular with editors and the like, so it's probably just some grumblings from people working their butts off.

Yeah that sounds along the lines of what I've been hearing too, apparently they've got a bit of a "we'll just fix it in post" producer, who are never really popular with editors and the like, so it's probably just some grumblings from people working their butts off.

I heard that they have done sterling work though to sort this out and if they dont get a BAFTA for their efforts then its a crime.

Much as I like SFX they professed to love ~everything~ about the RTD era...

It's the most annoying thing about the magazine. It's like they don't ACTUALLY all love the show, but they know it'll attract readers if they fap to it every issue.

So, did anyone else watch Jonathan Ross just now? It had a clip from the sixth episode in the series, which looked rather promising without giving too much away. Nice touch with

the first Doctor's photo on Smith's ID

. :)

Smith himself seems like such a different person to Tennant. Tennant was vibrant and extroverted, while Smith seems a lot quieter, and even a little nervous. The Eleventh Doctor is certainly going to be a lot different to the last two! Once again, I cannot wait for next week.

That Jonathan Ross interview was terrible. Professor Brian Cox would appear to be more like the Doctor in real life than Mr Smith. That's why they call them 'actors' tho.

Anyway, main thing I wanted to highlight is that Good Friday is even better this year cos there's a radio documentary about Douglas Adams' work on Who.

It's called Douglas and the Doctor, and it's on Radio 4 at 11.00am.

OT - anyone who likes good stuff is advised to continue listening afterwards and catch the David Sedaris show. It's a really neat piece of scheduling cos Sedaris is a bit like a latterday Adams in some ways based on the little I've heard of him. Not sci-fi tho.

Just spotted this:

DRAMA: Doctor Who and the Giant Robot

On: BBC Radio 7 (0131)

Date: Monday 5th April 2010

Time: 14:30 to 15:00 (30 minutes long)

The Time Lord awakes from his latest regeneration to find that the Brigadier and Sarah Jane need his help. Read by Tom Baker. Episode 1 of 8.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marked By: 'Category: Drama' marker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=8627

Copyright © GipsyMedia Limited.

Some more info at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/seasons/newsletter_current.shtml

Writer, actor and director Barry Letts, who died last October, was a television pioneer, working for over 50 years in the medium.

As an actor, Barry appeared in early TV productions of The Avengers, The Moonstone, and Scott of the Antarctic, and his directorial work included episodes of the long-running police drama Z-Cars.

But it was his work as a producer on Doctor Who, from 1969 to 1974, for which Barry was probably best known. His first involvement with the show was as director for The Enemy of the World, with Patrick Troughton playing both the Doctor and Salamander the dictator.

Barry's debut as producer on Doctor Who happened at a time of great popularity for the series; it was about to be broadcast in colour for the first time, and Jon Pertwee was the flamboyant Doctor in Barry's first actual production. It was Pertwee's second programme as the Time Lord, and the show was Doctor Who and the Silurians.

Appropriately titled Who and Me, the book of Barry's memoirs was published the month after he died.

However, BBC Audiobooks had commissioned Barry to abridge and read the first volume of his memoirs for audio release in 2008.

As a tribute to Barry, we are fortunate to be able to bring you this fascinating and well-delivered reading, in seven thirty minute episodes, beginning this Sunday 28th March.

He recounts how he began his career as a struggling actor, moving on to become a successful and respected director and producer, and reveals in candid detail what it was like to work with various personalities during his 5-year tenure of the much-loved show.

As part of a Doctor Who mini-season, we are complementing Barry's reading with a selection of BBC Audiobooks recorded from the original Target novels and read with great gusto by Tom Baker, who, as the 4th Doctor, was actually cast in that role by Barry Letts.

The stories, beginning on Easter Monday are: The Giant Robot, The Brain of Morbius and The Creature From the Pit.

These will be followed up in May with four new-to-Radio7 titles from Big Finish: Orbis, The Beast of Orlok, The Scapegoat and The Cannibalists, all featuring Paul McGann as The Doctor.

And as an extra treat, from Easter Monday for 6 weeks, we will be adding a repeat of the 7th Dimension from Mondays to Fridays from 2 - 3pm, presented of course by Nick Briggs, a master of monster voices, most notably for the Daleks and The Cybermen...

I'm excited but I always am when a new series of Who starts when I know I'll be just as pissed off and annoyed at how rubbish it is by the 3rd episode. Why oh why do I do this to myself?

so you have ammo whenever you want to attack me on the Internet. Then again I think star wars is shit :wub:

I'm excited but I always am when a new series of Who starts when I know I'll be just as pissed off and annoyed at how rubbish it is by the 3rd episode. Why oh why do I do this to myself?

Glad to hear you'll be going into this one with an open mind. :P