rllmuk
FishyFish

Doctor Who

IIRC his broken badge for Mathematical Excellence was shown under the end credits. Sniff. I'm welling up here.

Glad he died the boring nauseous twat ;).

Well his character of course I mean Matthew Waterhouse is lovely in real life no doubt ;)

For what its worth, my 26 year-old girlfriend, who has never seen Dr Who before in her life, was absolutely glued to the screen.

Gah, don't start me.

Leela and Turlough were about as good as companions got.

Too right.

I really enjoyed it. After the shite 5 minute thing they showed on Parkinson last week I feared the worst but it seemed to combine the best (ridiculous) bits of the Baker & McCoy eras.

Couldn't see much in the way of Tom Baker in it.

For all my whinging, I have to say that Rose herself has the potential to be one of the best companions in the series' history. She's very much a real person, unlike Ace's "down with da kidz" characterisation.

Her and Baker didn't get on though, did they?

I always figured he'd have been a right old letch. Can't believe Lalla Ward is the only one he tried to pork. Maybe he tried it on with Louise Jameson and she gave him the old Janus thorn.

For what its worth, my 26 year-old girlfriend, who has never seen Dr Who before in her life, was absolutely glued to the screen.

I shudder to think what you did to the screen in order for that to have happened.

I always figured he'd have been a right old letch. Can't believe Lalla Ward is the only one he tried to pork. Maybe he tried it on with Louise Jameson and she gave him the old Janus thorn.

I always got that impression too. Can't blame him really, although I wouldn't want Jim Bergerac on my case...

Did anyone see Jo Grant (the actress, obviously) in that preview show the BBC did? Had so much surgery she looks like one of the autons.

I always figured he'd have been a right old letch.

Possibly, but with the same sex I reckon. I saw Tom Baker down Old Compton St in Soho on Saturday arm in arm with another bloke. WHOFAX!

Did anyone see Jo Grant (the actress, obviously) in that preview show the BBC did? Had so much surgery she looks like one of the autons.

Worse. More like the Borad from Timelash, if you recall that story.

I'll save your memory the trouble:

6y.jpg

Possibly, but with the same sex I reckon. I saw Tom Baker down Old Compton St in Soho on Saturday arm in arm with another bloke. WHOFAX!

The way he looks these days I'm not surprised. You take what you can get.

The bloke he was with looked like a Sontaran

Well I always had my doubts about them. All that anger had to come from somewhere.

Of course, the real answer to Graham's (age 10) question is "because without Adric's noble sacrifice the dinosaurs wouldn't have been wiped out, and the entire human race would never have existed".

Everybody wins!