Doctor Who

FishyFish

5 hours ago, davidcotton said:

In the wake of the Noel Clarke allegations, Big Finish have dropped the Torchwood audio Absent Friends which was going to feature one John Barrowman...

Understandable, but also a bit gutting. It was a Torchwood audio featuring John Barrowman and David Tenant. :(

It's also one I'd already pre-ordered, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

8 hours ago, Mogster said:

Understandable, but also a bit gutting. It was a Torchwood audio featuring John Barrowman and David Tenant. :(

It's also one I'd already pre-ordered, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

You need to email them for a refund if you want one.  Some suggestion that it may be released further down the road when the dust has settled but no guarantee.  

• 1 month later...

What's the deal with them saying he'd be the first "out" gay actor to play the Doctor, or are they just seriously hedging?

Olly Alexander was really good in It's A Sin - and his character was an actor who had a bit part in Doctor Who himself:

I assumed we'd be seeing another female Doctor, as anything else would make Whittaker's casting feel a bit tokenish in the short term. Not that casting an openly gay actor wouldn't also be a win for diversity.

He was good in It's A Sin but no thanks. I can't imagine him having the gravitas to play the Doctor (something that Jodie also lacks tbh)

In terms of diversity I would guess we'll see a black or asian man in the role next. I'd love Olivia Colman but I guess she's a bit big for it now?

1 hour ago, Made of Ghosts said:

He was good in It's A Sin but no thanks. I can't imagine him having the gravitas to play the Doctor (something that Jodie also lacks tbh)

In terms of diversity I would guess we'll see a black or asian man in the role next. I'd love Olivia Colman but I guess she's a bit big for it now?

I'm sure someone at the BBC is wondering why there hasn't been an openly right wing Doctor and gets Geoff Norcott into the role. 

Feel sorry if JW is quitting. She’s never had any meaty scripts really and most of her ‘era’ has been utter pish due to Chibnall being dire.

There's some awful stuff in Davison's stories but I found some of Four to Doomsday okay when I was on a Who binge about ten years ago.

I think Kinda is probably the correct answer but it was so UTTERLY TERRIFYING when I watched it as a lad I've never dared to go back.

I'm really fond of Timecrash too.

15 hours ago, cassidy said:

Tonight's Who question is. 

Best Davison story that is not Androzani? 

Snakedance. Kinda a close second. He gets three of the greatest stories of all time (Androzani being the third) and an almost embarrassing level of dreck to shore them up. I feel that the best Davison era is on audio - Spare Parts, Fanfare For The Common Men, Loups-Garoux, The Waters Of Amsterdam, The Peterloo Massacre etc.

On 28/06/2021 at 14:16, Boothjan said:

Personally, I don't think it matters who plays the lead role - I don't have any faith in Chibnall as show runner.  The show has become so sterile and - for wont of a better word - dull.  You could put Daniel Day-Lewis in the Tardis and it wouldn't work if the scripts continue to be so uninspiring.  

Given his devotion to method acting, he'd probably build a real-life working Tardis for it.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Given his devotion to method acting, he'd probably build a real-life working Tardis for it.

"I drink your Artron Energy. I drink it up."

On 02/07/2021 at 06:47, cassidy said:

The correct answer is The Visitation. 

Very underated. Does a historical tale well. 

Good fun. 

Quite like Enlightenment, even if on original viewing the reaction was they’ve ripped off starfleet!

2 hours ago, davidcotton said:

You lot call your selfs Who fans? Evil of the Dalek full animation announced for September and nary a whisper on here?  Up for preorder on dvd blue ray and steel book.

I find it quite hard to get excited about the animated ones. I know the animators are doing what they can within the piss poor budgets they're given but they're just not very good. I'll pick it up eventually for the special features and that but not in any rush.

Not sure if anyone is interested but if you want to see a bloody well put together history of dr who this guys series on YouTube is excellent.  He knows his stuff and it’s very well researched. I have now watched the parts  from Tom up to Eccles and I’m impressed. And will go back to the beginning.