rllmuk
FishyFish

Doctor Who

11 minutes ago, SeanR said:
  Hide contents

Cross dimensional cybermen, why not timelords?

yeah?

Nah man. This is the real deal. Besides which. The show hasn't bothered with the cybermen from that universe since Rose fucked off. Even the regular universe ones look like that now.

I see, so

Spoiler

If it goes 8 - War Doctor - 9 

and, like they said, if neither doctor remembers the other...

then what?

8 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I see, so

Hide contents

If it goes 8 - War Doctor - 9 

and, like they said, if neither doctor remembers the other...

then what?

She's pre number 1. That's why it's exciting. It was all in the dialogue

4 minutes ago, Flub said:
  Hide contents

oh fuck.

Just now, SeanR said:

oh fuck.

Now we're on the same page :)

Some guy leaked  vague details of the rest of this a few months ago. Light on detail but he crucially got the name of the character correct so the rest of it is most likely accurate. I'd completely forgotten about it until after the reveal.

(Not read comments yet)

Well that was great! Waaaaay better than last week. They managed to chuck everything and the kitchen sink in, though. So many questions.

EDIT: orphan 55, not last week

John Barrowman was on Dancing on Ice this evening (as a judge, not a contestant). I was surprised by his all-grey hair colour and couldn't decide if it was natural or fake. 

Spoiler

A pre-Hartnell doctor would be interesting, but if that's the case, why is the Tardis a police box when it's buried? It should have a working chameleon circuit.

And how did Clara miss this regeneration? I thought she knew everything! ^_^

19 minutes ago, Flub said:
  Reveal hidden contents

if that is the case why doesn't the current Doctor remember being her?

2 minutes ago, Delargey said:

Hide contents

they

Spoiler

fucked up

and

Spoiler

reset the universe

Spoiler

Current doc didn’t remember being the war doc either, remember.

I think it’s a split - at some point the doc regenerated into two people. Is his hand still around somewhere? Jack had it at some point. What about Doctordonna?

Just now, deKay said:
  Hide contents

Current doc didn’t remember being the war doc either, remember.

I think it’s a split - at some point the doc regenerated into two people. If his hand still around somewhere? Jack had it at some point. What about Doctordonna?

Spoiler

The hand was used to create ten number 2 the one that went off with rose did it  not?

Spoiler

What if it came back?

Anyway. Loving the gammon crying their little piggy eyes out at a BLACK WOMAN DOCTOR ITS PC GONE MAD

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Could it be 

Reveal hidden contents

The valeyard?

She scanned her

Spoiler

and confirmed they were both the same person.

1 minute ago, deKay said:

She scanned her

Reveal hidden contents

and confirmed they were both the same person.

and

Spoiler

the valeyard is “an amalgam of the doctors dark side, from around 12+ regenerations”, according to the master. So would register as the doctor in a scan.

surely?

I’ve absolutely no idea what any of you lot are on about, but I enjoyed watching it with my boys.

• Upvote 1

Blimey.

I was thinking that she couldn't be a previous Doctor as it would have been one regeneration too many before the new set, but I guess the Time Lords could have just done the same for her if she was pre-Hartnell.

AnywayI can't wait to see where this goes.

Also Captain Jack! :D

7 hours ago, Delargey said:

Hide contents

Because we haven't seen the entire story yet. The Doctor asked that very question. Obviously something happens between Ruth-Doc and Hartnell-Doc. Chibs is doing his own Cartmel Master Plan

The biggest mystery was why no one in Gloucester had a Gloucestershire accent and the coffee shop man was a Bristolian so he doesn't count. 

Fantastic episode though. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

The biggest mystery was why no one in Gloucester had a Gloucestershire accent and the coffee shop man was a Bristolian so he doesn't count. 

Fantastic episode though. 

...and it seems Gloucester has a population of about 7.

28 minutes ago, Oaf said:

...and it seems Gloucester has a population of about 7.

That's accurate enough. 

• Upvote 1

But...

How can it be a pre-regeneration cycle version if the TARDIS still looks like a police box?

7 minutes ago, Hexx said:

But...

Hide contents

How can it be a pre-regeneration cycle version if the TARDIS still looks like a police box?

I was wondering this, but it wouldn't be too hard to explain away.

Maybe it just always gets stuck on Police Box on Earth for some reason, and it was badly "fixed" on Gallifrey between her and Hartnel.

Of course this could all be wrong and there's something else going on here.

12 minutes ago, Hexx said:

But...

Hide contents

Spoiler

what if the Dr (and Susan) where dumped on earth with the TARDIS already broken- minds wiped/new memory's implanted etc.. So they believe that there TARDIS has only just broken when in reality nope been broken for a while - though it was the Jodi's dr style tardis that we see the new dr in , not a hartnell eara  one (the front that is) .... Dammit  we are all prob over thinking this now.... its just going to be a multi universe Dr or something.

On Tardis types from a resetera post.

Regarding if it's Pre-Hartnell or not - worth pointing out the TARDIS she has is clearly Hartnell era. Not inside - never mind that - but the one clean shot we get of outside when it's being beamed up to the Judoon ship - it's the narrower design, shorter. It has the St. Johns Ambulance logo, which disappears after Season 3 (so, during Hartnell's tenure) and doesn't reappear until Smith's TARDIS - and the proportions are all wrong for it to be the Moffat-era TARDIS, as that one is massive. It's also got the season 1 style light on the top, so it doesn't even match the TARDIS from Hartnell's later serials, only the very earliest ones, like his first 3-4 stories. So it is pretty definitively a TARDIS from the very, very start of the show.

@Flub got my attention on this episode by mentioning the NA's.

Cant believe I didn't watch this live cos I've been so meh with the season.

Fucking get your show in order Chibnall so the quality is consistent. 

Watching tonight soon as home now 

9 minutes ago, cassidy said:

@Flub got my attention on this episode by mentioning the NA's.

Cant believe I didn't watch this live cos I've been so meh with the season.

Fucking get your show in order Chibnall so the quality is consistent. 

Watching tonight soon as home now 

Last season was dull enough that I've been forgetting the show was on. That's me of all people. Last night changed that.

DO NOT READ ANY SPOILERS. PUT THE INTERNET DOWN AND BACK AWAY

You'll thank me for it. I am so pleased I ended up going into this one cold.

If this is going in the way it appears to be going, I wonder whether it will clash with the events of "Listen"? That's still quite a recent episode and the current show appears to be showing a quite extraordinary amount of attention to detail (i.e. those Tardis details linked to a couple of posts up) so I'm sure they'll account for it somehow.

Regardless, this is the most interesting Doctor Who has been, lore-wise, since the War Doctor, and that we've gone from Orphan 55 to this in the space of two weeks is just utterly ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

If this is going in the way it appears to be going, I wonder whether it will clash with the events of "Listen"? That's still quite a recent episode and the current show appears to be showing a quite extraordinary amount of attention to detail (i.e. those Tardis details linked to a couple of posts up) so I'm sure they'll account for it somehow.

It doesn't have to. In fact what became of the original Cartmel Master Plan in the Virgin NAs accounted for pretty much the same thing. Just swap the Looms for some other fancy sounding tech and boom. Reborn as if brand new :) Lungbarrow was such an amazing book for the time.