IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

I enjoyed it - it was really about The Doctor and Bill getting to know each other and they've got really good on screen chemistry.

Two strong episodes to start the series, a series which I thought was going to suck so I'm smiling too. 

In terms of story the opening two episodes have felt rather fluffy and lightweight. Luckily, we have Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie to help us along.

Good episodes, but so far nothing outstanding like last series.

I've been getting quite a Eccleston-era vibe from these episodes, and Bill is fantastic. Wasn't as keen on the Doctor telling the colonists they had to make nice with the creatures that murdered their families, mind! Looking forward to next week's, if only because the historicals have grown on me lately.

Also, tfw you're trying to pick a costume for your audition on Saturday and accidentally end up cosplaying as the Twelfth Doctor:

58fcb91788f92_AlexCapaldismall.thumb.jpg.8cecc28c53092f21ee19af5278d740d9.jpg

When I saw the trailer for the season, I hated Bill.  Actually watching the show, I realize it's a great character.  At least, so far.

Makes an excellent companion for Capaldi's doctor specifically.  I was never a Clara fan, and I desperately hoped that she would die in just about every episode she was in, so it's nice to have a companion that I can root for again.

Totally agree with that.  Clara started out well but they strung out the suspense too much - couldn't stand her by the end and then they totally chickened out at the end of the last series.

Really pleased to have been proven wrong (so far) about Bill. 

2 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

Attack of the Emoji-Bots was okay but I must have drifted off to sleep at the end as I can't remember what happened. Did the Doctor literally press a reset button? :lol:

The colony place looked pretty cool. Where was it filmed?

He pressed a button (well took a Robot's head off and soniced it a bit) and it wiped their memories.

After finding out they were becoming sentient. So he mindwiped a sentient race...

Who then got to meet Humans without an existing knowledge/programming...

32 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

Attack of the Emoji-Bots was okay but I must have drifted off to sleep at the end as I can't remember what happened. Did the Doctor literally press a reset button? :lol:

The colony place looked pretty cool. Where was it filmed?

Valencia
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-22/visit-doctor-whos-spectacular-colony-world-in-valencia

On 22/04/2017 at 23:36, Harsin said:

and a child happily drinking squash with one of the murderbots who ganked his mum.

The emoticon robots were just the friendly interface for the nabobot swarm that constructed the city and did the killing. So it was more like he was happily drinking squash with the murderbots' keyboard and mouse. ;)

I had no idea they were closing the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff.  And I've not been yet!!!  Bastards.  I'm going to try and visit at some point this summer - my girlfriend works in Cardiff for one day a month so I can cadge a lift down with her and spend a day being geeky.

Does anyone know when it's due to close?  What a waste - I don't see why they're ending it.

I know the lease is due to expire but I hope it's towards the end of the summer at least.

I saw there's a 'Merchandise Package' ticket price which is basically an extra £20 of utter shit on top of the ticket price.  A Gallifrey certificate?  Companion keys?!  Which sort of gullible idiot would possibly buy that...?

WmGQf4L.gif

We were there last weekend. The staff didn't know of an exact closing date yet (or were unwilling to say if they did) and some seemed to think that there was a strong possibility that it might survive in some form or another. It's awesome, by the way, and totally worth visiting. At the moment they're selling tickets that combine the Experience plus a tour of the TARDIS set at the nearby BBC studios.

4 minutes ago, zuum said:

We were there last weekend. The staff didn't know of an exact closing date yet (or were unwilling to say if they did) and some seemed to think that there was a strong possibility that it might survive in some form or another. It's awesome, by the way, and totally worth visiting. At the moment they're selling tickets that combine the Experience plus a tour of the TARDIS set at the nearby BBC studios.

How much were the combined tickets do you know?