FishyFish

Doctor Who

This episode does look rather creepy. Mind you episode 8 and 9 and 10 look really scary. Oh and the Dalek I have to say (as a non dalek fan) looks like it kicks ass. The new death ray effect is ace. Daleks = scary  :)

Am I right in thinking that the Dalek seen in the trailer is a "vintage" Dalek, and that the proper ones haven't been shown yet...

Do they go back to (modern day) Earth? What I liked best about the first episode was spotting all the bits of Cardiff I recognised :wub:

Modern Earth based tales are 4 and 5 = the first 2 parter. Aliens of London/World War III

Episode 6 is future Earth I think =DALEK

Episode 8 is 1980's Earth this looks very scary for the kids IMO and its Eccleston favourite.

Ep 11 is Modern day Cardiff

Ep 12 and 13 we really now chuff all on them :) Think its modern Earth again?

Slightly OT, I seem to remember a period (Tom baker I think) where the Tardis' control room was all Victorian with lots of brass and purple velvet. Why was that then? Davros' sock drawer can you help?

Am I right in thinking that the Dalek seen in the trailer is a "vintage" Dalek, and that the proper ones haven't been shown yet...

We dont know all we know is its a lone dalek in 6 and a more tougher looking one compared to the original. Ep 12 and 13 rumoured to feature new daleks, we really dont know anything about these episodes.

Slightly OT, I seem to remember a period (Tom baker I think) where the Tardis' control room was all Victorian with lots of brass and purple velvet. Why was that then? Davros' sock drawer can you help?

That'll be the tertiary control room as featured briefly in Masque of Mandragora.

One thing that was interesting was the new Doctor being pictured in Dallas at the time of the Kennedy assassination. William Hartnell's doctor was in London at the time (in "An Unearthly Child"), as was Sylvester McCoy's (in "Remembrance of the Daleks").

Gets about a bit.

One thing that was interesting was the new Doctor being pictured in Dallas at the time of the Kennedy assassination. William Hartnell's doctor was in London at the time (in "An Unearthly Child"), as was Sylvester McCoy's (in "Remembrance of the Daleks").

Gets about a bit.

Actually An Unearthly Child was broadcast the day after :)

That'll be the tertiary control room as featured briefly in Masque of Mandragora.

Which was the episode that featured the Tardis's "Boot Cupboard"? A huge empty room the size of a warehouse with one pair of boots in the middle of the floor. A Tom Baker one, I think, but I can only vaguely remember it.

Don't remember that one. I remember a ludicrous chase scene through the Tardis which was evidently shot on location at White City public baths though!

Yeah, Invasion of Time. Priceless ;)

Boot cupboard rings no bells with me either I'm afraid.

Yeah, Invasion of Time. Priceless ;)

Boot cupboard rings no bells with me either I'm afraid.

I used to like it when you saw other bits of the Tardis, like the Cloister Room in Logopolis, but it was sorely underused. I also liked the fact that he could just delete rooms if he wanted.

I thought it was a very promising opening to what I hope will be a terrific series. Sure, the effects might have been better but only a fool would expect the BBC to blow their entire budget on Dr Who. As it is, I thought they did the job.

Ecclestone was good. Piper was okay.

After a quick bit of googling, I found this reference to it:

http://www.drwhoguide.com/who_4m.htm

Can't remember anything else about that episode, though.

Spookily it's the one we were talking about before. I saw it just a few weeks ago. I remember the line about can't measure things in infinity, but not the boot cupboard. Shall have to check tonight ...

After a quick bit of googling, I found this reference to it:

http://www.drwhoguide.com/who_4m.htm

Can't remember anything else about that episode, though.

Ah yes, I only saw that story for the first time a few weeks ago, and I missed the beginning. Lots of stuff about sacrifices and a relegious sect in Italy, and a cool masked dance at the end where loads of people cop it.

That's something else which would have made Rose better - her mum should have been offed or something (And definitely her boyfriend. None of this "oh, he's alive after all!" crap). Would have given her a reason to go off with the Doctor. Back in the day they thought nothing of shrinking Tegan's aunt to death!

Ah yes, I only saw that story for the first time a few weeks ago, and I missed the beginning. Lots of stuff about sacrifices and a relegious sect in Italy, and a cool masked dance at the end where loads of people cop it.

That's something else which would have made Rose better - her mum should have been offed or something (And definitely her boyfriend. None of this "oh, he's alive after all!" crap). Would have given her a reason to go off with the Doctor. Back in the day they thought nothing of shrinking Tegan's aunt to death!

Clive got shot (in front of his family, no less). I expected him to be a regular character.

He lived so she could dump the silly twat. I liked that bit.

lol I'll be glued to Earthshock in a few weeks just to watch him DIE!!!

"He's great at Maths! And he just adores eating! The kids will love him!"

DIE, YOU PUG NOSED, BOWL HAIRED, SMUG LITTLE CUNT!

And then he did! ;)

Actually, the end of the first episode of Earthshock, where the POV of the robot cuts to reveal the Cybermen for the first time in 8 years or something, must rank up there with some of my most exciting childhood moments.

lol I'll be glued to Earthshock in a few weeks just to watch him DIE!!!

Ooh. When is this on? This is one of the few bits that I recall clearly. I remember looking like this ;) at the time.

Who'd have thought it? Cybermen allergic to bling.

CJ

He lived so she could dump the silly twat. I liked that bit.

S'pose. Her Mum should have died though. She was quite annoying.

As for Earthshock, I guess it'll be on soon. Last time I checked they were nearing the end of Tom Baker's stuff. I remember being really shocked when Adric died and there was no music over the end credits. And the ship he was on wipes out the dinosaurs! Still, it's a small price to pay.

The Cybermen started off so hard, much like the Borg in concept. By the time they got to later Cybermen stories they were just rubbish gangster robots, and could pretty much be killed just by hearing about gold.

Ooh. When is this on? This is one of the few bits that I recall clearly. I remember looking like this ;) at the time.

Who'd have thought it? Cybermen allergic to bling.

CJ

Dunno, there's probably a month of Tom Baker left. Unless they decide to drop any more episodes ;)