not long to go and i'm really looking forward to it. thought it would be worth having a thread to stick shipping/tracking info into and what have you.

what have you got ordered and how much?

i've got the PSP with Ridge & Lumines. incl delivery it came to around £220 from vgp.

I'm more excited about the PSP launch than any other console I've bought before. Usually, I've bought a console on the basis of there being one standout game that I just wanted to play - Halo and Rogue Squadron practically forced me to buy the US versions of Xbox and GC respectively. This time though - whilst I'm really looking forward to playing Wipeout:Pure (good score on Gamespot by the way) and Ridge Racers, I'm more looking forward to the actual console itself. It's just a lovely thing indeed. And I'm keen to get stuck into watching things on it. South Park on the move is practically the best thing ever for me!

Either way, fingers crossed VG+ get their machines early and we all get it before the Easter weekend - I'm not completely certain that's gonna happen, but it would be great!

I've got one with RR, Lumines and Wipeout Pure on order from J.M.Ratkos in the Trading folder. Resigned to the fact it will be here Tuesday after Easter at the earliest, but that still doesn't stop the excitement from building...

Well over 3 months since I got my PSP and I tell ya it is a masterpiece of design.

Something that looks this good and plays so well is a treat.

Ridge Racer is stunning and on WI-FI link up as good as Daytona Arcade.

Lumines is incredible.

Enjoy fellas!

Well over 3 months since I got my PSP and I tell ya it is a masterpiece of design.

Something that looks this good and plays so well is a treat.

Ridge Racer is stunning and on WI-FI link up as good as Daytona Arcade.

Lumines is incredible.

Enjoy fellas!

counting the days with you guys too. Mind you its still over a week away. Easter :P

Ordered off this forum, with RR, Lumines and Wipeout Pure.

Not really too excited becuase I've ordered one on a 'whim', although I'm sure that will change. Certainly looking forward to seeing the hardware in more detail (have seen one running RR but that is all).

Keep trying not to buy a UK DS as well. They are everywhere here in London, but I've spent sooo much recently...

And fun too, without a keyboard (with regards to the web-browsing, it would be nice though).

I have one on pre-order from VGP, but deliberating over my actual need for it. Only just flogged my Japanese one on. It's nice, but £160 nice?

And fun too, without a keyboard (with regards to the web-browsing, it would be nice though).

I have one on pre-order from VGP, but deliberating over my actual need for it.  Only just flogged my Japanese one on.  It's nice, but £160 nice?

There's that really fancy keyboard Sony showed up with at the last E3. And some company's already got a keyboard for sale (ugly as fuck, but there we go), so you never know.

some more tid bits from IGN. this is what you get on the UMD Demo Disc supplied with the Value Pack

March 9, 2005 - Sony surprised a few with the Japanese launch by including a video demo disc of some of the Game, Movie and Music content capabilities. Although it wasn't a playable game disc, it did show off the system's dazzling UMD video capabilities and also gave hints of the gameplay for a few up-and-coming titles. Sony is including a similar UMD video demo disc, and what looked to be the final version of it (although a few typos on the main menu may mean this isn't the fully finished thing) was on display at the Games Developer Conference.

The content of the video demo has changed entirely for the US edition -- naturally, since many of the movie trailers on it are now old, some games are only for Japan, and the J-Pop selection was just bizarre (although a little J-Pop would have been fun.) Much like the Japanese demo, the different video samples played in the appropriate menu on the PSP -- games booted up like games even though they weren't playable, movies and music were hosted in their respective areas, and the song collections included the videos to go along with the songs.

The Americanized version includes demos of the following titles:

Game

Wipeout Pure

Ape Escape: On The Loose

World Tour Soccer

NBA

Twisted Metal: Head-On

Gretzky NHL

Hot Shots Golf Fore (*Yes, Fore ... it is unsure whether this was a typo or a changed name)

ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails

Lumines

Untold Legends: Brotherhood Of The Blade

Ridge Racers (*Again, their spelling -- Namco has changed the US edition to just Ridge Racer)

Video

Stealth

XXX: State Of The Union

The Longest Yard

Lords of Dogtown

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo

Kung Fu Hustle

Are We There Yet?

Music

Coheed & Cambria :: "Blood Red Summer"

Cross Fade :: "Old"

Kasabian :: "Club Foot" (* And you will love it...)

Omarion :: "O"

Petey Pablo :: "Vibrate"

Silvertide :: "Ain't Comin' Home"

Three Days Grace :: "Home"

The Zutons :: "Pressure Point"

The UMD sampler video (professionally-shot and specially encoded to show off the absolute maximum quality of the PSP screen) was also available, and ran the same clips as the Japanese edition. Look for this UMD sampler inside the box of your PSP when the system ships on March 24th.

So am I the only one still concerned about the whole 'region-less games up to publishers' thing? The first batch of games seem to be fine, but who's to say money-hungry publishers don't decide to enforce region-specific games once the machine is available worldwide? The Xbox doesn't exactly set a good precedent.

Have companies publicly stated their intention to publish region-less games for the forseeable future? If so, that might just push me over the edge to get a US model.

I'm currently waiting for TonyHawks Underground 2, its said that its been shipped since thursday so I'm expecting it sometime soon :o Also very tempted to get Wipeout pure and murcury but I'm trying to stick to a one game a month system, gah!

I ordered the value pack with Tony Hawks UG2:R and Mercury.

As Mercury got delayed I emailed Sidney to ask if they could send them all out individually, so should still be able to go skateboarding for a while before Mercury turns up ;)

Cost me $497 in total ($80 of that for delivery) which is about £220

I'm also going to be ordering one of these.

Well having read a few of the Wipeout reviews Im now even more excited! Whats even better is that im off work all next week so ill get plenty of time to try it out! (if its delivered in time)

Oh and Ive got a quick question that Im positive has already been answered elsewhere but I couldnt find it so.....is a stepdown required to charge a US PSP?

Oh and Ive got a quick question that Im positive has already been answered elsewhere but I couldnt find it so.....is a stepdown required to charge a US PSP?

Nope, just one of those '8' shaped power leads. Same as the xbox and PS2 (and probably your portable CD player etc).

So am I the only one still concerned about the whole 'region-less games up to publishers' thing? The first batch of games seem to be fine, but who's to say money-hungry publishers don't decide to enforce region-specific games once the machine is available worldwide? The Xbox doesn't exactly set a good precedent.

Have companies publicly stated their intention to publish region-less games for the forseeable future? If so, that might just push me over the edge to get a US model.

all the US games available have been tested and confirmed as working on Jap machines. very different to xbox. regardless, why wouldn't you buy a US machine anyway?
all the US games available have been tested and confirmed as working on Jap machines. very different to xbox. regardless, why wouldn't you buy a US machine anyway?

OK, here's something that's been bothering me for a while - if the UMD discs are said to follow the DVD regions and games may be region locked in the same manner at the publishers discretion, then why would anyone want a US machine considering that Japan, like the UK, is Region 2?

Surely a Jap PSP is perfect for us no matter what, whereas a US PSP could have problems in the future.

Or am I missing something?