I Nearly Punched The Manager At Game

sith

I went into game on friday with four old games I wished to exchange, along with ninety nine pence, for Resident Evil 4.

The guy at the till was polite and happily took my games, checked all the discs were ok and then sold me RE4 for 99p. Throughout the whole process the chap behind the till made polite chit-chat and handed me my game in a bag along with me receipt.

I have never had anything other than great service from my local Game and as a result have spent a small fortune in there over the years.

Maybe I'm just lucky though, maybe they're right wankers to all the other customers. Or maybe not.

Game all depends on the staff that work there. For example at my local one a friend works there (i used to work with him previously at another game store) and i know he's friendly and helpful to customers. On the other side of the coin is a girl who's extreamly rude, doesnt say thanks or please and just thrusts things at you. According to my friend shes just a moody cow. It just all depends on the people serving you, and i know during my time at game some bosses were great, while others were total job worths.

GAME is OK as long as you make your purchase/look around and leave ASAP. It just seems to be the antithesis of what gamers want in a videogame store.

Twice I've walked in during their sales period, seen a GC game for cheap (Waverace and F-Zero)and taken it to the counter, only to be told it's out of stock. That really inspires me to continue shopping there <_< .

Last night whilst at the Trafford Centre I picked up Brothers In Arms for the Xbox, when I got home and unsealed it I found a blank DVD-R and a cardboard cutout which had The Grudge on it  :o

This morning I called the Trafford Centre and they said I could take it back to ANY GAME, to make sure I phoned the Manchester branch (Arndale) and the manager Tom said I could bring it back.

So I get there and ask for Tom show him the GAME and he laughs and replies, are you serious we cant do nothing with that, I say I phoned in and got confirmation which he DENIES  :angry: he tells me to go home and phone the Customer helpline:

At this point im furious ready to twat the weasel, luckily my phone rang so I just left it at that - FOR KNOW!!

CUNTS!!

What the fuck where you expecting exactly?

Reminds me of a friend who worked in Argos. It was company policy to straight away try to sell anything returned as most people didn't complain even if stuff didn't work. :angry:

That's strange, when I used to work at Argos back in the day on customer services they seemed to have an excellent returns policy, where anything broken was sent off to be fixed or replaced, and only items that were in NM condition (and not potentially contaminated - like hair care products) were put back to stock. They seemed to accept practically anything for return as well, I once (with supervisor permission) gave a full refund on a bike that a kid had fucked up beyond all recognition, though his parents claimed they wanted a refund because it was unsafe.

As for Game/Electronics Botique, yeah I have encountered a few twats working in there before, though as soon as you start quoting 'consumer rights' to them it normally rectifies the situation. Of course it won't be helped by the fact that the circumstances in this particular case do seem bizarre to the point of unbelievability - kind of reminds me of a situation at university where one of my house mates bought a Red Hot Chili Peppers' import single, which looked externally fine, but when you placed it in a CD player it turned out to be a full length Cher album. I think she still kept it for its novelty value.

E-X

Granted, but surely why not just leave it empty. Why put a pirate DVD in there?

i used to work in a fruit packing factory where they put bunches of grapes and apples into little plastic bags, handy for kids' lunch boxes. obviously this wasnt a job me and my mate were all that bothered about keeping.. what we used to do was put plastic animals in some of the bags so kids would be opening them up at break time and finding plastic lizards and wildebeest instead of grapes or apples.