Whos Got A Gizmondo Then?

JPickford (retired mod)

Check Retro magazine issue 175 for second hand prices - apparently they'll be quite rare.

He's fucking right! Unfortunately, for that much money i'm not taking the risk.

What drink goes best with Gizmondo? 

Coffee: high energy, man!

Tea: relaxed and calming

Smoothy: healthy and alert

Water: pure and simple

Wow. I haven't seen such pointless lifestyle fluff since the Dreamcast launch!

Do we really need these launch parties, with their random non-interested celebrities? I know they're more for the press than the public, but does any evidence suggest they actually work? It always seems to me like wanking money up the wall.

Do we really need these launch parties, with their random non-interested celebrities? I know they're more for the press than the public, but does any evidence suggest they actually work? It always seems to me like wanking money up the wall.

I think the organisers just like to hob-knob with celebs. I mean, who gives a toss that some pop tart went to some party in London? How does that make ANYONE* want to buy a console?

*Apart from the 800 who bought from the shop while it was shut of course.

my lucky bassa flatmate went to the launch

went up to les ferdinand and asked to shake his hand (for sterling nufc-based work in the 90's)

ferdinand goes 'who let you in?'

;)

I went to the launch party as well.

It was crap.

I suppose it would've seemed OK if you never get to go to stuff like this normally, but crucial elements such as it taking twenty minutes to get a drink spoiled it.

Also, journos turned up on the promise of celebs, however the celebs were led to a special VIP area while journos and other guests were herded downstairs, thus wrecking any opportunity to rub up against members of Girls Aloud.

The only way most people got to see all of the 'between jobs' celebs was to hang around in the entrance lobby and catch a look as they wandered past.

It was all a bit tragic really and left me a bit confused and depressed for my long thoughtful journey home.

• 2 years later...