IGNORED

Phantasy Star Universe

Beertiger

I don't suppose I can use the same charecter/account on both PC and 360 versions?

I'll probably get 360 version for now, and when the players dry up (and if it is indeed as awesome as PSO) I'll get the PC version.

No, but if you get the PS2 version apparently you can transfer to PC and vice versa. Same servers see....

I don't suppose I can use the same charecter/account on both PC and 360 versions?

I'll probably get 360 version for now, and when the players dry up (and if it is indeed as awesome as PSO) I'll get the PC version.

Yeah, here's some advice for some of you: don't buy the PC version. If you get it on PS2, you effectively have both versions for the price of one as you can just download the pc one and use your PS2 account info with it.

-Jools

"The release date will no longer be Oct 11th, but should see release very soon after"

...Speculation? I'm guessing Friday 13th. IT'S AN OMEN!

They don't release stuff on Friday unless they balls it up big time like Prey, which had so much community outcry. My guess is that this is another case of a Publisher deciding when their demo is out and Microsoft shoving an O'RLY owl in the face.

"very soon" doesn't sound too good either. I know it's got to be out before the US launch on 24th October but if they knew the date and it was very soon then they'd just say it.

What?

Major Nelson talks about it all the time. Basically they don't like releasing stuff on a Friday as if anything goes wrong they don't want to have to be sorting it out over the weekend.

They've done it on a couple of occasions as with Prey as beertiger asserts and with some of the x06 stuff but in general they don't.

So there was an outcry because the demo was released on a Friday but was fucked up?

No there was an outcry because it had been announced (I think possibly by the publishers without consulting MS, not 100% on this), there was a big moan when it didn't go up so it was rushed through and put up on the Friday, which as above isn't what they would generally do.

EDIT: If you want the low down, well from MS's point of view, I believe that Major Nelson talks about it in this blogcast, goes into why they don't put stuff up on a friday and the Prey demo thing.

Details from the dashboard:: Thank you for downloading the trial version of Phantasy Star Universe online multiplayer mode. This is a limited time demo which will grant you a temporary GUARDIANS License, which will expire at 12:00AM on Wednesday October 18th (* adjusted for local time). With this demo you will be able to create your own character, form a party of up to six adventurers, and explore the wonders of the Gurhal System along with your fellow Guardians. You are required to have a Xbox Live Gold Membership in order to play this demo. Also due to the test nature of this demo, there will be a limited number of concurrent users who will be allowed to play at any given time. For specific dates and restrictions please check out our website at www.phantasystaruniverse.com.

Yeah the servers are already full or broken. They're probably letting one group of 6 people on at a time.

This is the best thing and the worst thing at the same time. It's brilliant that we're getting a full beta to play through the marketplace but I'm a bit worried that this will damage the marketplace's image and we won't get it again. How are people that aren't nerds like us going to react after downloading nearly 1Gb to find they can't actually play the game?

I've got my wife to start downloading it so hopefully I'll be able to get on once I get home. I guess once you're on you can't get kicked off.

This is the best thing and the worst thing at the same time. It's brilliant that we're getting a full beta to play through the marketplace but I'm a bit worried that this will damage the marketplace's image and we won't get it again. How are people that aren't nerds like us going to react after downloading nearly 1Gb to find they can't actually play the game?

I've got my wife to start downloading it so hopefully I'll be able to get on once I get home. I guess once you're on you can't get kicked off.

Yep I don't know why people are getting excited at all.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B9B374D4137D458

Shows the game being played so the game is working but like I guessed before it seems limited to 6 people at a time. Sega must be shocked that people want to play their game, this is going to be nothing but negative press for them.

I imagine that once people are in they won't even turn their console off for fear of not getting back in.

This combined with the 2 day delay and Live being down for one of the demo days is just amazing. A round of applause for everyone involved.