Uk Ds Mascot Announced

mrsambarlow

i know Nintendo europe are hardly known for their marketing skills but getting bear who loves being rubbed and touched by the guests on his show to help market the DS with its touch screen is a whole lot smarter than any of the half arsed sucggestions i've readin this thread so far.

hahaha classic this should be interesting. I say good move, he appeals to the mass audience and thats where the DS is aimed at. It's just the old fucks that don't like him. Bo Selecta is pretty funny leave it be.

Bo Selecta's 1 and 2 were good.

Series 3 was dreadful.

I don't know what Nintendo are trying to acheive with this. By midway through season 3, the show was being beaten by Jim fucking Davidson in the ratings. Still, fair play to Leigh Francis for managing to sell this bollocks to TV, record and now video game bosses in the face of such damning proof that the horse has well and truly bolted on the franchise.

Worst adverts ever. They make absolutely no sense if you haven't seen the show and even if you have the link is so tenuous as to be pointless. They might as well have just had a picture of a couple of phones with the words "I am the only gay in the village" across the top, it just makes them look as if they didn't have permission to use any of the characters. Rubbish.

There is no way they would have had permission to use the characters. It's just a co-incidence / rip-off.

As much as I hate Bo Selecta and think it's the least funny thing ever... this may actually do Nintendo some good.

I can't really explain why, but I know a lot of twats who love Bo Selecta who the branding would certainly make it appeal to them more. Plus, I guess it gives Nintendo a vaguely less childish image.

Wholeheartedly agree. Merrion's a hack, and his show is shite, but most people haven't realised it yet. Smart move on Nintendo's part, though it might tarnish his, uh, credibility. Or whatever it is he has.