Bottom : An Appreciation

A good friend emailed me out of the blue this week to say he's moving back to the UK from New Zealand and has got a job down the road from me. We frequently have email conversations that are just Bottom quotes, so I suggested we meet up for a catch-up drink in one of the local pubs...The Lamb and Flag.

4 hours ago, Chosty said:

A good friend emailed me out of the blue this week to say he's moving back to the UK from New Zealand and has got a job down the road from me. We frequently have email conversations that are just Bottom quotes, so I suggested we meet up for a catch-up drink in one of the local pubs...The Lamb and Flag.

I hope you are taking the holiday monkey to the pube!

1 hour ago, pulsemyne said:

"Shut up, shut up. I still remember what I saw when I was four. Yeah...you, the chauffeur ...the bucket of fish." 

This is another thing I like about Richie, his implied wealthy - even upper class - background. Presumably ostracised by the family for being a misanthropic, stinking pervert. And then of course there's Eddie who was abandoned by his mother to someone, somewhere. I'd love to know how they met.

36 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

This is another thing I like about Richie, his implied wealthy - even upper class - background. Presumably ostracised by the family for being a misanthropic, stinking pervert. And then of course there's Eddie who was abandoned by his mother to someone, somewhere. I'd love to know how they met.

Speaking of aristocracy:

Doorbell rings, repeatedly

"Alright, alright, take it easy will you, you bitch...I mean Your Bitchness...I mean Lady Bitch of...oh Christ, Eddie, what do you call them?"

"Jugs. What do you call them?"

Richie punches Eddie

4 hours ago, Boothjan said:

The Christmas special is one of the best Christmas specials ever written.  

"Ooooooh - that's a bit of a nasty nick isn't it?" :lol:

Me and my sister have a bit of a Christmas tradition where we watch this episode every year. 

19 hours ago, marsh said:

'What is that? What have you got up there??'

'Oh that's my piano'

Another line I wheel out when I want to be spectacularly obscure.

"shut up Eddie!"

Piano plays some more.

"Right, that's it. Edward Hilter come downstairs this instant!"

21 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

"I've had loads of blood transfusions over the years so chances are there's quite a lot of nob in me."

On 06/11/2018 at 15:27, Nicky said:

its nowhere near as fucked up as Alf Garnet.  as has been said susinctly in this thread lately, they are the butt of all jokes. they're the clowns.they dont go around preaching and making fun of anyone but themselves.

Alf Garnet was also the butt of all the jokes.  It wasn't a racist show - quite the opposite.

• 1 month later...