Illustration Club

OOP! I was trying to host the image in massive CMYK colour rather than small RGB. It had been configured for printing purposes, see. Here it is now:

72dpiposter.jpg

As for the actual animation: yeah, that got finished. It ended up pretty nice. Got a sweet grade and shit. I'd like to get it hosted up on the net to show everyone before any lingering interest in my project is forgotten.

Ristar, I don't think you could be more of a plagarist if you tried.  ^_^

Do you mean plagiarist? :D

Yes they are Kind of like ‘Ken's Mysterious World' with the lack of words.

If your going to get influenced by someone might as well be Pete Fowler.

I still think they just about original enough though :( .

• 2 weeks later...

Illustration? Ugh - well I made these using illustrator so I guess they qualify...

CCoww.png

Based on a wee drawing by couk.

Microbusw.jpg

First serious attempt at anything Vector, imaged it was based on wasn't that detailed so it is not very accurate...

dress.png

Did this last night and quite pleased with it though I don't know if it looks like she has big pink eyes or is obvious they are closed :/

Any thoughts? Not really been using it very long or very often but i quite like the end results, and getting to grips with it a bit now (the fuctions at least!)

Well I am going to have to get Illustrator then because I now have my graphics tablet, and feel it's going to waste on programs such as Freehand, it's ok for Photoshop but I'm starting to really like vector based work. Hmmm....

In other news I made a painting out of some stuff I found in my painting box.

Westernworlds.jpg

I particular like the line from where I blended the two half’s together because it wouldn't fit in my scanner. :ph34r:

l dunno why you shouldn't stick with Freehand, it does pretty much what Illustrator does except l don't think it has a gradient mesh feature. The pen tool works differently however, l don't see why you couldn't reproduce what others have done in Illustrator in Freehand.

l dunno why you shouldn't stick with Freehand, it does pretty much what Illustrator does except l don't think it has a gradient mesh feature. The pen tool works differently however, l don't see why you couldn't reproduce what others have done in Illustrator in Freehand.

After making the change to illustrator, I'll never go back. The whole "feel" and layout of illustrator is just so much more...satisfying?

It's the gradient mesh feature I want the most.

Freehand is fine raelly, but it's just knowing that out there in the world of software is some thing.... better :lol:

Is Illustrator much more differnet in terms of how you use it?

I've never used a tablet before....could someone give me an idea of what I can do with it?

I bet that sounds wierd, as it's obviously for drawing. But what else can it do?

I just draw on paper then scan in.

I mainly use a tablet as I find the images look less computerised, if that makes sense.

I only use the pen tool and the mouse in illustrator. I use the tablet to sketch things out first in a program like painter classic. I guess it depends on the style you're drawing with.