rllmuk
sentient

Put Here

"Doubt Scribble Beta"

Basically the same as Alpha but with the smileys being tweened across the play area, allowing for fast thinking and decisive strategies. As my on-site description asks: do you focus on the small ones that come in first, or do you get sidetracked by the bigger ones that are easier to scrub away?

UPDATE: Hey, the hitTest action has decided it wants to play! I now have collision detection whereby if a <_< collides with the newly-implemented SUPERHERO, points will be deducted. So you have to scrub away the <_< s before that can happen!

And I have no replay button. Ooops...

ab.jpg

First go at making a theme for my T610. I'm not too keen on the titlebar, but that's what the tutorial said to do. And it either missed out the part where I change the colour from white, or I just skipped over it.

Either way, I plan on making a nicer one, that I'll use. I like the Aqua Blue wallpaper, so I'll use that again.

B'b'bo bo bo

kafka.jpg

Heres a sketchbook idea for a thing im doin at big boys school. Its an illustration for a guardian article on kafka and some cockroach stuck in the writer's typerwiter... i forgot to finish it though, there arent any letters on the "teeth".

prox.jpg

Here is a t-shirt design!

"Doubt Scribble Beta"

Basically the same as Alpha but with the smileys being tweened across the play area, allowing for fast thinking and decisive strategies. As my on-site description asks: do you focus on the small ones that come in first, or do you get sidetracked by the bigger ones that are easier to scrub away?

UPDATE: Hey, the hitTest action has decided it wants to play! I now have collision detection whereby if a  :blink: collides with the newly-implemented SUPERHERO, points will be deducted. So you have to scrub away the :D s before that can happen!

And I have no replay button. Ooops...

Another update: Just made Pixel Scribbler on the same page: pretty much the same as DSB but without the superhero. I've kept things super simple so that, if desired, people could supply simple monochrome pixel doodles and the "pixels" (that are actually big fuck-off blocks) can be arranged to make said doodles. All that needs to be edited is the formation in the tween.

Another update: I've used the theory behind Pixel Scribbler to make a rough animation editor thing at http://www22.brinkster.com/edgering/animator.htm - it was done incredibly quickly but I might build on it when I have more time.

Another update: I'm also working on an online minigame editor using the same theory.

by the time you leave uni, you'll walk into a graph.des job.

what do you actually want to do, out of curiosity?

Animation.

There's a digital animation course at Hatfield University that I would more than like to take. On Thursday I'll be visiting it. Which should be nice.

"C64 movie"

A rough two-minute short based on my old compendium of C64 cartoons (now no longer with me) that highlight the highs and lows of retrogaming. It's a bit shit at the mo, as I haven't quite got the timing right and so notes can flash by too quickly to be read. However, at two minutes it's a bit lnger than any other animation I've done. Think of it as a series of flash cards to be consumed immediately and not given second thought. ;)

merely me trying to be funny and failing miserably. when i was 17 and doing an art course, i wasnt that good. my 3rd in me graphic design degree shows i dint get any better. i suppose it'd have been funnier if youd have known me. ill go now.

"Platform Editor Alpha"

Basically a little test to see if I could create a realtime editor where you can switch platforms on and off and the movie would automatically verify if you had moved to somewhere where a platform wasn't beneath you and move you down one level if this was the case. There's a slight issue with the thing if you make a platform disappear whilst you are stood on it, but apart from that it all seems to work.

EDIT: made an "exit" block available to use, so that there's some kind of objective.