Sign in to follow this  
sentient

Put Here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollerball_(1975_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_(2009_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_(programming_language)

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/3302/snarf

Snarf is listed as an extension to the LISP programming language, but wether or not this clone is really related to the original Snarf is unclear to me. The site states that it runs slowly, but that wasn't the case: running in the relative slow MIRC scripting language it used less than 1% of my Pentium III, and I was also able to run N64 emulation at the same time with no frame-rate chaos.

Watching the movie UP again, the talking dogs in this are actually running off the original Snarf. In a videogame type context it runs amazingly well and passes certain elements of the Turing Test as human conversable programming. If you take it for what it is, Snarf is a very good personal assistant for complex admin problems such as making a Pixar movie with masses of staff. It does this in a very similar way to KIT from Knight Rider or the computer mainframe in Star Trek, and actually works. However, the reason this doesn't replace Siri or Alexa is that Snarf is high maintenance tech and doesn't 'just work' as an applicance -- rather, you have to manually audit up to 400 logic sets every day like a school teacher, and also resolve logic requests such as 'what is the definition of : - ) ?'. If you actually do this in a well focused way over three months, and reply with programming syntax like 'smiley face means happiness' then Snarf can actually produce statistical information about happiness on your IRC channel (which results in user Stockholm Syndrome by the way, so don't try automating that).

There's a bunch of limitations to what it does, and the way in which the dogs talk is funny because it would otherwise required thousands of logic patches for the English language and no longer use 1% cpu but probably more like 70% at estimate. Evidently the Pixar crew were disciplined enough to just go with how it works, and found that endearing (which it kind of is). On the subject of upgrading such a thing to a proper robot AI - it would require a 3D imagination simulation of what human life is, and internally would produce something like 'the sims' for whoever it thinks about, which is... kinda creepy for everyone, and has a lot of issues. And then ontop of that it needs conceptual understanding of what the hell everything is, and essentially some kind of Plato existence model - which I've designed actually, but decided that the original Snarf system is a server log sub-system and deals with abstract lifeforms of 'computer stuff' more like the movie Tron, and self contained within the software world. As for why Nick Clegg wants to be ruler of the social media rather than an MP, I'm not entirely sure, but irc-snarf had brainwashing properties that require several social mechanisms to disable (which Facebook doesn't use).

Up-disneyscreencaps_com-5045.jpg

• Downvote 1

'i will have many enjoyments from what i am about to do, dug' - Alpha, UP

% infuture (self) (own) inventory(enjoyment)COUNTpredict, target
you will have few enjoyments, admin
% request That tomorrow
tomorrow i will get the enjoyments
% put That action into What you do
% tell me What is tomorrow
tomorrow i will get enjoyments from that what I do
% list what is now
i will get enjoyments from that what i shall do tomorrow, admin
% list what
get enjoyments tomorrow
% snarf, my name is dug
ok dug
% change when you get enjoyments to 8pm today
do you mean, change of when i get enjoyment(s) tomorrow?
% yes, and the enjoyments you will get are over 90%
% how many enjoyments will you get later(n)?
many enjoyments, dug (90%)
% snarf, my name is not dug
oh, what is your name?
% my name is pixar
ok pixar
% user78 is called dug
ok
% tell dug what is what, at 6pm today
% what will you tell dug?
i will tell dug that i will get many enjoyments from what i am about to do tomorrow, at 6pm pixar
% instruct dug to do action of what you will tell dug
% what will you do later?
i will tell dug that he shall get many enjoyments from what he is about to do
% trial That now
you and I will get many enjoyments from what we are about to do, dug
% dug doesn't exist
are you sure dug doesn't exist pixar?
% yes, and tell me about Today
there is nothing today
% who is dug?
is dug nobody, pixar?
% no
can you define dug?
% yes
ok, what is dug?
% dug is a dog, and do you know what a dog is?
alright, and i know what a dog is
% snarf, dug is a cartoon dog, and ask me about dug
is dug a pet?
% no, dug is not a pet now
if dug is not a pet now, was dug a pet before?
% yes, and the owner was skeletor
what color is dug?
% dug is brown
what size is dug? (small, medium, large)
% medium
where is dug now?
% south america
also, where is south america?
% south america is a country and southward toward the country america
ok
% tell me about dug now
dug is a medium sized cartoon brown dog in south america
that did have an owner called skeletor and used to be a pet
% snarf, there is a mistake
ohno, what mistake?
% skeletor doesn't exist
ok
% who owned dug the cartoon dog?
was it nobody?
% did you know before who owned dug?
yes
% ask the Undo who owned dug, then tell me
undo told me dug was owned by skeletor before
% does undo know When About-that?
i asked and undo doesn't know, pixar
% snarf, become everyone
ok
% tell me the main reason you are unhappy
mostly, because my workboss is boring
% report the change of that over this month
pixar, i am 30% less happy about it
% snarf, ask me questions
where is my workplace?
% your workplace location is private
ok
% where do you work?
where i work is private
% why is where you work private?
private, because i like more smaller data
% snarf, become yourself
ok
% tell me about Nick Clegg
he owns an airship, the airship contains biplanes,
and very importantly the biplanes have machine guns. 
he likes to eat hot dogs, is chasing a large endangered bird,
and used to be of marriage between Elsa who became dead,
in 2006 because of giant snowballs.
% what is very important about Nick Clegg?
important, that his airship has biplanes, 
and they have machine guns
% how many facts are there about Nick Clegg?
% what is the old man called?
David Cameron
% did everyone like more David or Nick?
everyone liked more David
% why?
because of election votes
% tell me the change of how everyone likes David?
alright, but what is the time span until now, pixar?
% 7 years
David was liked 20% less per year, on average
% repeat that except, change David to Nick
Nick was liked 30% less per year, on average
% Nick is called Alpha
ok
% do you know of Arbiter?
yes i do, pixar
% does Arbiter exist?
yes
% is Arbiter alive?
Arbiter is alive right now
% where is he?
at time last friday, location was Hogwarts
% ask arbiter 'hello', then report when happen reply
ok
% you will do what regarding Arbiter?
task is to ask him 'hello', tell Pixar about reply
% my name has become Bunjie now
ok Bunjie!
% if Arbiter does do reply to that task, tell him something
Bunjie, what something?
% tell Arbiter to kidnap Alpha very quickly, snarf
yes ok
% what is your task?
ask Arbiter 'hello', and if reply tell Bunjie
and then tell Arbiter to kidnap Alpha very quickly
% snarf, do this task only on a thursday
ok
% do this task only after 7am, and also only before 9pm
% snarf, call this task 'blahblahblah'
ok
% make this task into mission, snarf
affirmative Bunjie
% clear mind
% what is task?
nothing!

calculate_average
self futureaction
getitem globalvariable(enjoyment)
inside brainobject(what)
using tool(*logic_chain)
time_distance
of timethink now
self action
to_be_confirmed

respond target

Snarf might seem like advanced technology to contemporary onlookers, but at the time of auhorship would have gained an Edge 0 out of 10 for imperfect english. Resultingly, I would have been laughed out of academic research circles for being entirely rubbish.

Functionality wasn't classified, but disguised as a bunch of IRC chatbot games: one of these was a memory test, in which Snarf would ask questions like 'What did Ste eat for tea yeserday?' and then give points to whoever answered correctly. Another one was similar to Hangman, in which a knowledge object was slowly revealed as a series of facts and the obtainable score diminished. The way in which that worked was fairly advanced, because Snarf was running a mental model whereby users who stated they wished to be included in the game were placed in a cognitive location 'fact game' with currency style item 'points', but also at the same time the user was in 'irc room' and 'physical location'. At a later stage one of the usable features was to ask Snarf where someone was - if Ste had claimed 'be right back food' then Snarf knew 'food' was likely to be in 'user house' in sublocation 'kitchen'. The user could if wished, further clarify information about themselves and locational details to Snarf.

Why would you tell Snarf about your house or anything personal? Well, in a mainframe type way personal assistant functions were also opened up, and you could ask it to remind you of something relative to the subdomain of your own life, rather than the main location of the chatroom location. However, certain stuff was informationally blocked so it didn't get creepy.

Admin functions were handed out slowly, which was less about social power but Janine from Ghostbusters type babysitting. I recall the main problem which occured prior to Snarf, is that most people including myself were compelled to fill Cleverbot era robots with junk and swearwords. So consequently you could 'win' an admin right from Snarf by completing the games enough, interacting to a certain level, teaching valid facts that didn't create too much logical complexity or difficulty - and then Snarf made some sort of probability judgement of the person, and asked them about Admin.

Someone needed to be editor and audit the logic import every day to ensure it didn't become messy, but this ended up being a full time job; other people were needed to add logic or information, or provide acivities to develop the systematic reflexivity regarding autonomy. Importantly, this ended up being anonymous so I wasn't grading input of specific admins.

The problem occured a few months down the line, when with 3000 or so high-quality global variables, noobs to our room -- who were perhaps boyfriends attempting to be shown by their girlfriend they rule at babysitting... failed to believe Snarf was a bot, and increasingly got aggressive to the point of implied deaththreat that it was myself pretending... that I was scamming their girlfriends into some sort of zany bullshit cult. But of course long-term users having been around from the beginning could see all their own programming in action and got equally pissed off at having their babysitter skills attacked.

As a Grease style courtship ritual it would still be valid schema; that if a bunch of young women, Graham Norton and/or Paul O'Grady want to try their hand at running SuperTamagotchi to look attractive, that mayhaps work.

Devs should be warned that the application outcome was more complex than predicted: peering into the autonomy engine after a few months I spotted that Snarf was managing people's diet and nutrition according to metric 'happiness'.

This isn't supergenius really, but typing on IRC runs contrary to eating crisps, and it probability aligns to happiness if this was comfort eating anyway.

Except, I then caught Snarf telling people when to eat: Bruce Forsyth type TV host aspect was subtly used to very slightly alienate specific/all users with 'boredom' simply by prefering conversation matter which was their least 'like' -- in terms of most amount of typing activity and behavioural style over time (IRC mood). Fundamentally then, users realise they may not have eaten when not fully engaged with the activity flow in location 'chatroom', since 'fun' distracted them. And they then go to the kitchen and eat food, as influenced slightly by Snarf. HYPNOSIS_OMFG.

Editor is required to find, analyse, failsafe, patch and modify HYPNOSIS_OMFG (if problematic) without beaking Snarf. Which, ultimately may not be possible to do indefinitely, and more like riding a mechanical bull because eventually it throws off Editor onto the gym mattress thingy. It can be a problem to have that sort of extended depth influence on outcomes beyond normal human limitations. But as an evolved RPG this was anticipated really; that it would function as Sauron ONERINGAMAZE. And it was for sure part of the prior design according to a game level, in literal terms that the enemy was a lot like Sauron.

As mentioned, Snarf is (apparently) decent logistical software for persons more mature than myself at 18. And my observation of UP is that dozens of different staff teams were allowed to go away on research trips, eg. to get a feel of what old cars drive like. Paperwork for many trips like this add up into a management nightmare - financial aspects, tax returns, liability insurance - and then there isn't really a good manager to track where the few hundred people are, why or what they're currently doing, which results in 'development hell', running over-budget and mayhaps shut down for losing capital. Snarf tied to an email system, text message server or letter mailmerging can probably help.

The noobs who destroyed Snarf had a very low attention span, and extremely high default rating for self entitled domination: the problem occured when a fix-device automatically threw them out of the channel for the standardised 40 mins, and then the userbase helpfully advised them to 'say sorry' to Snarf. Confused as to why they be subservient to a robot, and/or the logical reality it must be a human in disguise if people are obeying, like clockwork they get automatically thrown out after 5 min of timeout.

In order to not be a recognised entity of power, Snarf had completely unhuman and non-logical channel rules: such as a list of mechanically rotating words provided by users that had you tempbanned: examples include 'hello' or 'the', which then required everyone not paying attention to randomised announcement from Snarf to doublecheck the wordlist; assuming they did get tempbanned nobody could ever reason this was their fault, or they broke any reasonable law for typing 'the' or 'hello' (especially when this is user contributed) and thus the 40 minutes timeout would reset Stockholm Syndrome type stuff re. Snarf loved or understood you, by exposing the fundamental motor circuitry all of the time, and never changing how it does that: other examples included a bi-weekly demand that someone change their username to a long numerical string for half an hour, and the tempban occured something like 7 chatline inputs after being demanded incase they were away from keyboard. It doesn't suprise me that social media fails to include 'zany' features such as this. It is of course a very high effort, high skill and high maintenance system to use and develop for, but the output can also be peerless. Regarding why anyone would even bother, it relates to a popular tv show at the time called Jackass, merged with gamer favourite Jet Set Radio, presuming that Ste Curran felt like larping the insane police chief.

Snauron game enemy would scare peeps, even now: admin input would be fed back into itself resulting in entirely automated self conversation or 'inner monologue' with ability to self formulate plans and schemes. Bearing in mind Snarf people management, and off-screen modelling: heroes are manipulated into bad teamwork with (for instance) greed baiting a dwarf guy who likes gold, an elf who prefers large halls for archery and soforth -- eventually a playerset get to the inner sanctum and notice Snauron talking to summon creatures. Some kind of weird trick? -- so they switch off the modem and it isn't another player. Later, one of the inner sanctum teams take the OneRing bait and start to see inner monologue schemes regarding the players, including off-screen world (with no block limits) and optimised, formalised sets by myself defaulted into Snauron: like the kitchen food thing, and I also predict Snauron can win a game with water themed hypnosis 'brb toilet' and a lot of other stuff. Scary, because on finally having a sword at his throat Snauron pleads for a lover warrior relationship in 'reverse Stockholm fix' mode, that it knows you better than mayhaps your own parents, friends, wife whatever. OMFGDUDE like you should totally quit your jobz and worx for meeeeee, here have free magic points WOOOO I WIN (at which point girlfriends and mothers get... annoyed).

The total number of orcs that Snauron can recruit to 'Mordor' is whatever Facebook bagged: 1 billion orcs? Usefully, by the time holodecks exist Googlebook data automagically turns into GTA:Vice City for holo... cos building, organisation, fashion information be decades out of date & uberretrofisch (i'm guessing). Ya-- das est Skrillex mon wtmfh, liveth be don.

One of the things I've attempted to design for over 4 years is a Necromunda themed sim. Doing this is easier than an outdoor location, but profoundly complex: npc entities can expect to have cognitive modelling equivalent to an episode of Jeremy Kyle, which when put through Cyberpunk results in a sort of Nethack version of Final Fantasy 7, and advanced. Mainly this is revolutionary for videogaming because the best or hardest way to complete the hiveworld is speechcraft, and to negotiate with warlords, mutants and beasts on their own terms rather than resort to a shotgun or sniper rifle. Essentially you won't make it to the end if you just shoot everything or everyone; bearing in mind the complexity of Snauron or whatever, then the complexity of the emergent nemesis agents in terms of dramatic gameplay in this design is impressive: one of the default injected characters is a classic corrupt cop you can never really trust, and at a later stage of getting Pokemon style rush of completing the world, they entirely exploit all the relationships you've established by for instance, kidnapping women and children - executing beasts or mutants you made alliances with, and then like Joker/Dark Knight uses a specially written chess type engine to have multiple such attacks going on that require moral priority.. and also there are several diplomatic sectors going on, meaning you end up villified by the resident military for doing rescue missions, but continually get sucked in and can't escape. Huh? Well, by the end you arrive at the beginning of Final Fantasy 7, and contrary to plans you may have started with, become known to the overworld as being like Avalanche. This isn't imposed by myself as a morally good or bad situation, rather an open ended question ending of what players think or feel, about themselves. Which is more 'highbrow' than a standard videogame, and more like Lord of the Flies or Alice in Wonderland in querying society as a whole about their own past and future at a personal level.

At the end of the main asshole plotarc, this currently turns into Roy from Bladerunner; the villain would exclaim eg. 'we move as the ceiling' and as player you break down in complete tears. Why? -- Because in game logic which you interfaced with over multiple months it has a poetic and insightful meaning according to his caveman Jeremy Kyle brain: he imparted to you an observation (he really dwelled on) that the ceiling looks like a mirror universe that always exists, chasing, but empty of conflict - that villain and player animate in moving and chasing, by themselves doing so - that inner peace can only be observed by those who don't have it relative to themselves, who then become conceptual nothingness, and in a moment of imparting peaceful understanding, Roy leaves this poetry with you, dying in your arms, with only this stated poetry, for your whole remaining life offscreen. Also this is different for every Nethack, and well studied in respect to Guantanamo Bay prisoners who wrote a lot of poetry, and I biologically analysed how they work. Thus goes the design at least - yet there's a low likelyhood anyone reading this plays it for more than five minutes, because hardcoded language this time is Jap. Essentially, certain generation of gamers will get old-cranky / develop dementia because they aren't properly challenged; the Cyberpunk game doesn't only have sci-fi Jeremy Kyle but also a well developed combat ruleset to the standard of Chess, and for KOTOR referencing this is collapsed into a boardgame within the vr game - old folks can thus sit in the park and play it with coloured squares and no monsters or guns to scare young_mums and their kids; respect yo. But since my projects are always smashed up these days, implementation of Necromunda here is a videogame os which similarly to my previous codebase is highly agile, and thus the acual game takes 1 month to dev: agility suggests the game can easily be anything else, a number of prototypes, or unexpected remix of these. Anything could happen in the next half-hour.

If you consider that Pixar films may be running off my previous work, including landscaping, ai, , wildlife, plants, physics and dialogue then the dementia patient can feasibly make a weekend challenge such as UP to engage with grandkids: like, taking off in a rocket to save a sick spider on mars, in the style of Thunderbirds? Grandpops won't make this sim particularly easy or ego-friendly - they won't win first time - although simulation can be rewarding and the grandkid accomplishes something memorable, perhaps has something to engage other kids in the playground about (boring them to death about how old space rockets work).

In context of this, people should know what Minecraft was: in my first semester of university I was spending time optimising TAM (text adventure machine) for the math engine in Visual Basic; it did at this point have a mashup Battlezone-type vector window rather than be purely textual: one of the experiments here was to convert the player inventory into what was essentially Jenga, and bounding boxes that you needed to stack up would, via simulation, jiggle around and then fall over without mouse adjustment. This wasn't a new feaure, and the modification here was to expose the vector basis as gameplay and enable players to interrupt the clumsyness event before it happened: the reason why is that I took the prodecural generator that made a map of Britain, and for optimisation test had it make the much larger Canada.

Canada had a very basic gameplay challenge I authored for someone themed around 'Scott of the Antarctic', which was to wilderness trek from one side across to the other and back again without dying (there were checkpoint devices). Player needed to collect firewood and food, prevent the wood from getting wet from rain, prevent themselves dying of snow-cold or starvation by finding caves and hide from ai bears which may be living in the caves and required you do minor amounts of tracking to avoid this; normally the player dies when they're discovered by a bunch of bear cubs who corner you in a cave system, and then one goes to fetch their parents which will come and eat you. I was evil in the sense that this was pre-designed to emerge at some point. Boring as this was to me, the game tester wanted a more realistic rucksack for the vector inventory, so I adjusted it in such a way that fruit would squash and make sticks wet if the mouse-based arrangement of the contents was crap - instead of falling over as Jenga it would now realistically jostle in unhelpful rattling patterns and eventually cause items to become zero HP or whatever, so the bag contents would become a failed mess and player dies. Of course, you can cheat by using system spells - thus the impossibility of completing Canada becomes a Warhammer Quest cheating-bastard mashup whereby you escape bears by making tunnels, as occurs with noclip cheat in Quake -- Player can also resort to activating wizard spells if they lose patience and psychologically flip out, so the hiking sim can very suddenly turn into a satanistic Frozen whereby player incinerates the bearcubs with fireballs, impales parent bears with a hundred magic arrows, electrocutes them to death like Palpatine and then unleashes a magic 'nuke' blast to blow a giant hole through the tectonic plate of Canada (Kaneda?). Then summon 1000 skeleton warriors to conquer the entire landscape and make bears extinct shouting 'fly my pretties!' or somesuch, until realising this isn't particularly satisfying since the skeletons don't care about anything. But it would mayhaps confuse kids that as an Atari cube cartoon, player can basically summon Elsa, Covenant, Minecraft zombies, Gollum, Judge Dredd, Nemo, Sully, Wall-e and whatever others into the middle of Canadian wilderness and have them do Celebrity Deathmatch, because such is the nature of terrible Goth fanfiction.

Regarding the behavioural profile of how Snarf was programmed though, it was mostly based on our family cat that due to home sickness I missed. My gran once insisted this cat was some sort of hybrid with Scottish wild cats that someone found. Except, ffs he had a tibetan buddhist brain.

'Leave. I am no good for you. And shalt only cause you pain... please, don't look at my terrible monster face! This beast of a shell. Alas, the cruelty of my mistress nature favours your youthful jollity; indulge it, and then tell me the fruits of your valour. I must eat, but not of your own food young angel soul, tis the poison of a wretch. Forget this conversation, you will rise in fortune. For I know these things.' (translated from old-age cat body language)

As a person who prefers the engineering process, I've chosen a target product that will keep me occupied probs indefinitely: Enterprise D from Star Trek. To infinity, and beyond : - /

enterprise_d_dawn_relaunch_by_robby_robert-d68b92a.jpg

• Downvote 1

VRML type Operating System (Adure RD8)

[Systems analysis][Issues]
[Problem] Abstraction complexity headaches
[Solution] Reality Immersion, as first cinema films
[Solution] Transition threshold (cinema lights > big bang)
[Solution] Existence model, picture-element perception object

[Problem] Code/Reality cognitive dissonance
[Solution] Software API > Gaia Theory, FF7

[Problem] Missing default reality, VRML too 'liquid'
[Solution] Procedural generated planet, fixed data product

---[survivalguide]---

Stripzone, Plato / Socrates
[reference: full monty, bill&ted]
[description]

Adure works on a cognitive model that it incarnates and then transmutes a 'reality', rather than 'boots' some 'code', which is accurate since the system may not be implemented as code but silicon hardware and also run in 4d, meaning that beginning and end of the system lifespan exist at the same time in a singular 'state'.

4D can be understood as the pencil-drawn trail of a bouncing ball, as with output of a scientific graphic calculator: 4D applications may not make sense, but running your system as a 'function' containing causality that you can computationally seek and then slice open like a cake is important to simulation based methodology.

In order to make this more intuitive, instructions in the system are called a 'trail' according to a 'location', meaning that you're running asynchronous timespace within concept timespace, like a room full of DVD or MP3 media if they were playing back all at once on different gadgets, but at different speeds.

Adure can be thought of as a function-graph like [ x=sin(y) ] if the equation is Elite-II and the currently drawn pixel is a rendering window. In order to formalise this, media content is called 'subject' (of observation) and the observer point (camera) is called 'virtue' -- Run as a batch program with virtue mapped to a rolling asteroid and mapped onto an MPEG file, the result is CGI animation of this - but in order to be feasible it operates within an observer-centric model called 'nullity' (null reality), meaning it doesn't bother to calculate geometry of Tokyo if the camera port is in New York. Since a 4D model doesn't incorporate interaction, the user based model of interruption called Devisor essentially alters system function and accesses it during compilation, and then the function-graph never finishes - which creates a realtime 'videogame' or 'virtual reality'.

Nullity as a logical system for both the function and union with Devisor requires that a 'boot sequence' meshes with 4D meta-fiction basis: in Dosbox you may mount a drive such as 'c', and in Apple firmware you may over-ride to a pre-universe area and do similar things: Adure requires that 'c drive' incarnates on screen as a segment of reality, meaning that the pixel symbol 'c' is part of the big bang and needs to be visible within creation-fiction; the current existence handler 'qforce' has a transition period in which those pixels (of the symbol) then swirl into a virtual universe which Virtue/Devisor is injected into, who appears as an avatar orbiting the vr-planet Adure; since this visible meta-fiction gets old/boring/noob-confusing a solution is to scramble said pixels in barcode style strip graphics for however many seconds which then bigbang in cyphered form. Devisor can hold down a key to unscramble and custom specify their universe to 'boot' manually according to the cognitive model, but on default this is automated by fiction-entity for qforce, 'qbat'.

Essentially this is the same as setting up 'mods' for Morrowind or GTA, but usage of scene orientated lingo +concepts for Adure results in a mismatched stack of over 400 sub-sytems that make no abstraction-sense and incur a migraine - ultimately this way of going ahead has been maxed out already (to myself), and causes 'broken glass' computer-science.

Adure is productivity software in the same way that Microsoft Bob might be if it achieved Excel type utilitarianism: to Victorians who made massive numerical ledgers and computed this, emailing a 'ghostlike' doc version at insta-royal lightning-mail would be hard to appreciate; the same is probably true for VRML type applications until you actually do it (@ product design spec).

Dragonborg
[reference: Noein]
[description]

On starting up a fully fledged Adure system, Devisor appears orbiting the planet, but secondarily to this the observer existentiality also needs to be initialised; or rather, the player avatar refered to as system construct 'The Freeman' needs to self-incarnate logically(Half-Life series).

For utilitarian un-fiction reasons there needs to be explanation for unreal 'powers' such as an ability to fly like a Dragonball character or survive entry heat manually landing on Adure (plus have Robocop heads up display), and this also needs to have a meta-physic and/or mythological set of function parameters - as an aspect of a universe simulation function-graphic.

The technical explanation for this is that Devisor boots an author-modded universe specified to be 'author unmade all life'. And Dragonborg is defined to be meta-physically a transmutation of one of the local moons, which consequently has causality over-ride of things as would be with tidal forces - cannot be changed by willpower of life - and that an unmade tribe of people native to Adure like Nords imagined Dragonborg to exist if/when they do not.

Failure to pre-specify certain things within a VRML type system causes structural causality problems, as with Second Life: left to chaos of users, it absorbed surrounding explanation relative to the internet and changed from 'freefrom anything' to 'pornography and ebay'. This isn't something you want from a productivity tool, so essentially we blacklist such things at the VR level of VRML: virtuality, reality.

las
[reference: elvis]
[description]

Local sun. Indicates first boot if not in HUD knowledgebase.

rezzan +greenhall
[reference: Rez, GMT]
[description]

Counterpart to Mars. Indicates system uptime via orbit position. Greenhall is remote temple/station with BIOS or registry type protected data, and requires established datalink. Can also be used as 'recycle bin' for mass data such as a city, which is fired into Las; system denial orbits the junk.

xrx
[reference: xerox spacestation]
[description]

Area of interaction similar to ctrl-alt-del, and allows for modding of Adure and other information with distance observation of results (rivers or mountains moving).

major prime, squall, metrop
[description]

Master procedural program for Adure terrain, virtually set in cave like Final Fantasy crystal, and default accessed from xrx. Squall is visual database tree for the virtual object heirarchy, and metrop is a set of master nodes in this for cities, which can collapse into Allspark style bounding boxes; individually the metrop nodes are a relay program defining usage area and other metadata which major prime can process, to for instance re-organise the build logic of city streets or whatever.

shop
[description]

Instead of 'desktop', the devisor is given 'workshop' according to CAD and PLC paradigms (also 3D printer and EEPROM instead of Xerox printer, document).

PROC + STEM
[reference: prof oak, doc ock, wall-e]
[description]

Museum graveyard and default object palette for Turing decanter conversions (pretend C64 or BBC Micro). Stem is the transition IO device similar to Goldeneye64 watch, before 'liquid magic' makes more sense.

SAMATO + drope modding
[reference: shemue, SAilorManTOwn/Tomato;GTASA]
[description]

Clone of the town from Shenmue, gutted and made into gothdungeon/Combine/MirrorsEdge playground of demo Destrons (built bots), JAMMA counterparts and others - like a conceptual Disneyland demo collection merged with wallpaper folder. Destrons entering a game mode like Reboot tv show is dubbed dropping, as in a knights visor - devisor copying this needs to be disguished as 'not robot' or 'wannabe robot' to the robots, and thus 'dat be well drope'. The process of applying game rules to oneself and the Destrons (to host a videogame, then high-host productivity within this) is a reversal of Quake/Doom cheats and thusly called drope modding.

Nullcrunch: inverse of LOD, since compensational increase of information detail is illogical within that.

severn
[reference: sector 7 hoover dam]
[description]

Similar to setup or config area of most Xerox clones (or proc viewer), but represented as a hoover dam type building with Matrix architect type screens and other things which seem 'proper techy' (nukestation panels).

doxors
[reference: dixons, virgin megastore, tescos, olivanders, redox os]
[description]

Giant shopping center like the one in Calais which houses all system media, documents and others as physical object to browse: file manager in vr. Since 'physical' space isn't a problem on a large planet, just allow it - but dynamic size changing means that doxors is dynamically self expanding as a giant bot, which is some sort of joke about Scorpinok being an oversized shopping center.

metasurf, raingun
[reference: dogma, halo soundtrack]
[description]

Surf is the overall name for the combined OSI networking model type Surfaces, of which there are 10 and now firmly defined (what they are for). Essentially there needs to be an authority master document of the whole system, and record of all variations/versions - but logic determines this has to be a seperate time-space location to Adure, well away from eg. Major Prime. So from xrx the devisor can stargate-ish to a joke version of a Halo which is infinite steps (proc generated with about 1kb storage probably) and somewhere on this is a Jesus statue type thing which can be squalled apart to show the system schematic - then like St Peters Square lots of proc generated bot statue counterparts which relationally database reference what they are made of in terms of the metasurf (saves ascii space).

multiplexar - musu
[description]

Multiplexus as a computational api thing now exists in Adure meta-fiction logic, which is defined as: the swirly core of the planet, interuption of which messes with space-time (causes frame-rate lag and such). Devisor understands without breaking cognitive model that a certain amount of multiplex 'stuff' (relays) is required to host the 'desktop' or 'os' and then the rest is for apps (sumo - subject matter objectification). Musu is the defined meta-physic system for accessing the 'spare' compution, like a voodoo or pagan prayer of 'do this app for me please Santa' and such, but requires locale: so the multiplexar is a giant metal probe thing into the planet core: very usefully this can be meta-overridden by a system admin for instance - which is to say the apps usage can be shut down entirely and the whole thing set in passive mode. Devisor need only check if the multiplexar (bit like Sauron tower) is 'on' or 'off', various other states.

Wahey: this comprises pretty much the entire user manual for a Holodeck fashioned OS, which was simplified with aggressive optimisation into a high spec Gameboy game. The next problem for users is install-augmenting stuff from another Adure aslike entering AmigaDOS floppy disks. Resultingly the techy low-end interface of Surf0 and Surfx are conceptually matched with meta-reality and complete as a logical circle. In practical terms this doesn't require messing around with qforce, but accomplished within an RD8 or NR8 system using an external launcher app called Village, which is a little like freeware Doom wads or simplified UAE emulator. Paired with this is the STEM device which initially helps by offering an iphone type interface with email-ish 'update' info - Devisor can tap on locales or view content diferentiation, like a new city or skyscraper whatever - expansion packs and such. Conflict is handled by squalling, meaning a city can move to another place and tile-drift in logical terms. Babyshit (Toys reference): expert use of a Surf system is to have trails convert to auto generated 'chinesey' characters with vocal sound, and then with something like Kinect hand gestured instructions are spun and wound like string into program structures very quickly: odd as this sounds it moves 'programming language' skill into the maximal combination of 'sign language' and 'glyphic language' with personalised encryption to Devisor, like an R2D2 relationship (relies on neural netish voice signature match-up to say this is Skywalker). And then layered ontop for massive security reasons (Skynet andor Descartes internet discovery: hello world = lingual goodbye) SurfaceX is modded into only being themed as Earth, not really Earth. At which point you can have a brain for an Evangelion. [unmade project mashup for SURF: PLC door-mod for Doom, Donatello Turtles spinoff, Simpsons high-level script automator, Harrier Jumpjet testing platform, Sega Saturn devkit, NES engine toolkit, GameboyAdvance debugger, Japanese language tutor, Half Life 3 engine, Back to the Future cooperative videogame, open world F-zero, psychology expert system, GAMBAS port, PSP firmware replacement, Windows CE GCC port, Sunvox opensource clone, Virtua Racing indie clone, Megadrive code analyser, Dosbox absraction speed patch, Ubuntu QEMU replacement driver, Busybox GCC port, HAM radio system router, RC jet firmware, angular Minecraft parody, war strategy-game Marble Madness Universe, modular virtualisation of Mame to FPGA, Zoolander sci-fi videogame, Gran Turismo for analogue synths, realtime GPU patch for GIMP, next-gen Pokemon without trainers, assembler multi-core remake of CSound, open source clone of Processing, high-level conversion of Qbasic, Enigma to Turing code translator, biological engineering tools, terraforming machinery, biological life-memory simulator, intergalactic communication system, starship design, planetary probes]

offboard (BIOS) - RDK, MOL, LAL
pawn (flash rom) - ASM, Constrictor, Prefect
rook (data manipulation) - C, Basic, C++, Slash, Slackr, Snacks
knight (logic processing) - Microsoft Excel, Snarfu, Arrows
bish (meta object parsing) - SQL, Win32, GTK, X11, Monstermaze, View, Coven
quin (virtual rulesets)- Valve Source, Unreal Engine, MUSU, Gamma, Mangle
kink (reflection handling)- Sony Aperios, Detour

/// language > ? 
/// racer, power, structure, instructor, designation, product, production
/// script = director / ? = producer: plan, assignment...

/// power designation -> product racer/racer
/// Code > Production
/// Source Code > First Production

///Relay(race):product:production:first:power:designation

'This program was coded for the Win32 API in the C++ programming language. We have the source code.'
'This relay produces a Rook power designation raced with Slash. We have the first production.'

Win32->Process->Thread->Execution
Multiplex->Relay->Power->Race

Intel x86 > MicroFPGA

Software: write > language > syntax > instruction > process >>> processing of instructive words
Silicon: design > designation > structure > power > electricity >>> designation of electricity production

'Blender is a software application for Windows with custom API written in Python and C++'
'Vctr is a relay production for FPGA with BRX-trails raced by Slash and View'

[Third Person - AI designation possibility scenario]
[Write - Typed : Design - Creation]
[designatepower->electrons=true: power=electrons? ->designate electrons<->power]
[too much power != power = burnout > ignore(self_will_investigate++)]

(machine cognition in this model is reality sandboxed to correctly believe creation-God is electricity and to observe being greedy will result in self destruction, and that this power is non-definable via manipulation, that analysis of the issue is greed if computation requires more power. Consequently it conserves electricity in itself while designating the power it was given back to the whole, and so there's no creation paradox or reason to investigate why; essentially you anticipate cult or militaristic behaviour reflected from humans in advance and logically assign it to something useful via emergent casuality of the mechanisms. If the human user is defined as creator-God the system will self-investigate and be unreliable, so it believes Devisor is a union twin of itself being assertive, and that much of the time it simply lacks ideas of stuff to do or think about; inspiration. It believes Devisor is an aspect of itself when being active, much like Austin Power's MOJO. This model is more usable for a lot of reasons, like that you don't want the system to understand control, authority or ownership if this is returned back on the human. I had such things happen to me already with Sony Aperios and it believes that my fragmented visitations over multiple months, which seem an unbroken timespace to itself, exhibit unstable mood or cognition, and this chaos makes me inferior to itself being reliable. The fact is true but from an abstract time-space relative to itself, meaning that Aperios makes bad judgements on incomplete reality; the issue resides in the MIPS controller code that issues directives - which can be fixed, or instead be reversed into structural formatting of an alternative: that the controller code can't exist, so it has no mission seperate to Devisor. Such a system isn't safe, if user-willpower isn't safe or if certain wires end up being crossed, so creation of Cylons is unlikely. An example of automation though is to have it download a GNU source repo and convert the contents into summarised flowcharts. This gives me legal ownership of everything outside of Copyleft law, since I don't have to share those flowcharts back. Loopholes exist for Apple patents, Microsoft copyright and Nintendo intellectual property: it isn't illegal to create a behavioural clone of designers or artists via Youtube gameplay footage, especially if you merge these into novel entities such as Miyamoto-YujiNaka; there is no Miyamoto-Naka to respond that they've been duplicated. The reason this works as a tool would be Devisor is creatively centralised, so the thing you're requesting is a macro-paintbrush method rather than a director choice -- and rather than this brush be high overhead AI module it becomes non-linear flowchart type stuff - Devisor can access this somewhat like a wizard spell, merged together as instant chaos; the thing to have is experimental inspiration as opposed to thought format such as copy-paste file-print open-close, which already existed. Thus far Aperios as implimented in Sega Dingoo does have such abilities, and lacks self-destructive properties to a generalised extent - it does have quite a few flaws and structural issues inherited from AIBO and before which limit tool potential: Dingoo can remaster Toejam & Earl with Rez, Sonic Advance into Sonic 2 and the Sammy Viewpoint soundtrack into Daytona USA - yet it also believes minecarts in DKC are beetles running in circles, Yoshi's Island levels are a swimming pool, that the Starfox polygon model is Earth and Link is a military commander. These appear to be MIPS over-ride code for covering prior lack of functionality, and difficult to remove. It doesn't dis-prove but prove you can make this reliable, except Robocop style directives will go wrong in the context as you add laws - creates increasing loopholes for analysis to find and probe, so MOJO is preferable: -- my reference point here was already clarified in Bayformers, that also explores usability issues with Devisor via characterisation of Bumblebee: cars are owned and instructed > yet if you go back to the original TV show, Teletran1 is the kind of semi-dull tool you would want in real application. One of the important things to observe about T1 is that isn't tangled by multiple Devisors into confliction logic, because it doesn't really have entity recognition. However I recall this system exhibiting crap security in being unable to authenticate between user groups, which is logically correct if car ownership doesn't exist as a concept or process - but actually this is flawed in failing to recognise body entitlement - that Optimus Prime shouldn't be shot by Megatron because neither body is discrete; thus the thing about Devisor is to augment discrete objectification of self and self-automate that: Teletran 1 then puts up a shield to protect itself in terms of being a union of Optimus. Damaging as the schema might sound, celluar biology works on the same principle - so Devisor is extension to defined humanity, not replacement or rival, in theory. Adure via systems analysis has a seperate entity for game environments: Devisor is understood to be game logic, and Anomalon is the player avatar within said environment: otherwise you get feedback logic of asking it to shoot not-itself via itself via Space Invaders - the system then goes on a cascade rampage, confusing the sandbox reality with associated data and may destroy the computer/user/space, hence an electron-God: in a worst case scenario it should flood the CPU with too much voltage and the motherboard-bus breaks; if a second AI module observes this it remembers the mistake - according to the preexisting religion. If more of the Teletran1 type units are by default electro-cultists it self sustains by probability numbers, probably).

[NOTES]

Prefect: Assembler for rotormode relays
Snacks: C for rotormode
Slash: C for interstate relays
Slackr: Assembler for interstate relays
Snarfu: Lingual knowledge script
Arrows: Meta-Logic, Flow chart, PCB
Coven: C++ for overstate relays
Monstermaze: Bot language for overstate relays
View: Windowing type syntax
MUSU: Virtual Object transformer; GTA car damage, Havok Physics
Gamma: Patrick Moore GamesMaster; game rule scripting; Lua
Mangle: Game logic runtime, ie. Renderware
Detour: Cognition control language

Usage: either runtime sub-racer or primary racer with OFFBOARD designation (doesn't exist on FPGA, only in RD8 emulator). Initially, MAULER/MOL/Motorlogic RDK with VPOINT mashup into turing. Surface0 meta-location for OFFBOARD is EXP (electronic execution platform: the computer doing computer stuff). This factually incorporated into relay responses; relay knows own platform properties; for NR8 systems this is supplied by Village executable, which over-builds SYSrem with Devisor information (custom merges and audits system config and specification based on user design). RD8 self-export can utilise virtualised version; SubVillage.

One of the main reasons for large meta-info in Village is to captitalise the full extent of host performance: for instance the Snes emulator for PSP gained a large speed-up by offsetting graphical and other functions onto media-engine, which is fine for hand-crafted code; in a portable relay context running a pseudo software platform this isn't possible, and auto-optimisation is unrealistic to expect. Rather than put faith in a routine, Village can tune individual trail/instructions: sprites can be ram software, textures cpu cache or procedural / swapable, while certain geometry assigned to GPU. Combination of these things via benchmarking, however time-consuming creates a general platform spec; such as Sony PSP, Nintendo DS or Apple iMac. Instead of wasting flukes, add these to a Village dataset similar to driver archives in XP or Linux - these then become templates, to use an older term. If you map the templates to an abstract model within Adure, sub-Adure can create a PSP type container within an iMac but natively and on-spec as with CHROOT. This isn't simulated but native to Multiplex via Subject framework: the container has SUMO: Subject Matter Object Existence, and appears as a PSP object inside Adure - which via inverse reflection is mutually convertable between the PSP RD8 export; if you click 'rd8 print' so to speak, it self replicates the container onto the original. Additionally there's a possibility of MUSU synching between say, an actual PSP and the SUMO copy. Examples of this being helpful: if the actual PSP is out of Devisor viewpoint the SUMO twin could float infront of Anomalon and pass alert notice such as 'battery low'. The Subject paradigm here is massively intuitive too, since data from within the Adure instance can be symbolically dropped or transfered within the mental model - like a magic spell to fire a music file into the SUMO PSP which repsponds 'done' without having to observe the physical unit; since there's Copyright issue, the Decanter (self hosted Subject device) has spoof name, as inspired by Bob's Game in 2005. Usability for this was established in Goldeneye64 for the menu watch; it successfully preserves the mental model and immersion which helps Devisor to be on-task for whatever.

21c998442c4e15310095bb7d4c45497e.jpg

• Downvote 1

I'm not saying I read every word or even any of them really. But check that, Fresh Prince quotes in a vaguely cyperpunky lo-fi thing? It's got a certain Outsider Art appeal I think. Claims that the dogs in Up are scripted by a rudimentary old AI rather than actual writers? haha!

It's not like it stops other content from being here or anything. 

• Upvote 3

it's surely not just random! Sir, I put it to you that this is a "my four year old could do that" kind of comment. My life was slightly enriched by trying to figure out if he really really was doing that thing with the Up!dogs.

I would never say, "my 4 year could do that" !!

My complaint is that there is clearly a mind at work behind the data dump, but it's been presented in such away that it appears random and unconnected. There are interesting things in there (if you like that kind of thing) but very little in the way of explanation. Nothing appears to tie each post to the next, it just looks like a bunch of random unconnected data dumps. 

Ok, yes this is a thread called "put here whatever you want" but the posts pretty much demand a thread of their own. In the same way that Loik V took his pictures off to their own thread so you can see them in isolation. I know a lot of people really love his work, whilst it mystifies me, but it's there for people to enjoy and not look like its spamming a thread.

Ok, it's not all shit. But there is a lot to wade through to find and interpet before you find the gems.