Robocop Remake - February 2014 - PG13 Rating Confirmed at ComicCon

Robo_1

Yeah, although I can't help but think it looks so 'suity' because they used the wrong materials. Even in that pic it looks to be twisting somewhat like rubber.

Hard body panels with articulated joints or gtfo.

edit:

Just noticed that's actually something they fixed with cg in the second shot. Interesting.

I always thought the abdominal paunch looked pretty bad in the pre-production stuff.

The only thing in the entire movie that annoyed me about the hand is

the fact Robocop didn't shoot off his organic hand instead of the robot one near the end as that would have been a much more powerful action and added real weight to the inclusion of the human hand and the fact he chose to destroy it himself.

Just one of many little things that would have made this a much better movie.

Oh man, my steelbook blu-ray of the original RoboCop won't play on my blu-ray player. I just get the Fox logo and then it craps out to a black screen. :( Anyone else had this problem?

Mine arrived earlier so I put it in to check. And ended up watching the whole movie. So, no.

Oh man, my steelbook blu-ray of the original RoboCop won't play on my blu-ray player. I just get the Fox logo and then it craps out to a black screen. :( Anyone else had this problem?

Is your player connected to the net? I think that has caused problems for some in the PS4 thread. Disconnecting it seems to work.

EDIT: see SeanR's post

The only thing in the entire movie that annoyed me about the hand is

the fact Robocop didn't shoot off his organic hand instead of the robot one near the end as that would have been a much more powerful action and added real weight to the inclusion of the human hand and the fact he chose to destroy it himself.

Just one of many little things that would have made this a much better movie.

that sounds hilarious

mazinger_z_rocket_punch_by_toshia76-d34c

Fucking hated it. The scene where he comes home for the first time and he talks to his son was pretty good, but the rest was shit. Shitty action, shitty villains, shitty RoboCop. Had NOTHING that made the original such a perfect film. I struggle to remember most of it a day later.

EDIT: And the music, fucking hell. Intrusive and weird.

Did you pay to see it?

Mine arrived earlier so I put it in to check. And ended up watching the whole movie. So, no.

Is your player connected to the net? I think that has caused problems for some in the PS4 thread. Disconnecting it seems to work.

EDIT: see SeanR's post

Nope, it's not connected to the net. Looks like I'll have to send it back for a replacement.

Just got back from seeing it. It's pretty awful. As others have said, it's biggest crime is that it's incredibly dull. Badly paced, weak ass villains, and shite action (what there is of it). It's obviously trying to go for something more emotional than the original and wastes endless amounts of runtime trying to do what the original Robocop achieved in 5 minutes of Robo walking through his empty house.

I found this to be reasonably ok, as it turns out. It's its own thing, rather than being a complete rehash of the story and that's refreshing given my trepidation off the back of the Total Recall debacle. There are things to like here, but it feels like it needed something to focus on, to give a strong spine for the rest of the movie to either build on, or hang off.

RoboCop 2014 is its own disembodied hand.