Robocop Remake - February 2014 - PG13 Rating Confirmed at ComicCon

Robo_1

Yeah, I prefered the Dawn of The Dead remake, much tighter I thought.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is a very decent film, but I'd rather not think of it as a "remake". It's more like a totally new, modern, fast-zombie film that happens to take the name of a previous renowned zombie movie for marketing purposes.

Here's a question: if you had a good spare 90 minutes to watch Night of the Living Dead right now, would you watch the original or the 1990 remake? I can't decide.

It's worst sin is not the awful script, the lack of blood or the poor pace.

It´s simply boring.

Sounds exactly like the Total Recall remake.

Funnily enough, I found that it has a lot of the same problems as the Total Recall remake and ultimately, it became a chore to sit through, although not to the degree of that Len Wiseman directed shite.

Kermode's review is the biggest example of damning with faint praise, I've witnessed in ages.

See this last night and wish I'd seen Lego Movie instead.

Really didn't like it. I found the scene with

'Look Murphy, no hands... well,

a hand and a head and a pair of lungs'

laughably bad.

Action was thin on the ground and pretty boring. Wasn't into the story at all.

Monkeyboy posted a picture in the Things with Faces thread. But what struck me more than the face were the OCP nipples. Does he actually have those in the movie?

I noticed that too, but on closer inspection (yes, I closely inspected RobertCop's nipples), it looked like OC-no P. Is it OCP in the film or have the rebooted the company name too?

When I first saw the original Robocop I couldn't believe me eyes. It was like nothing I had seen before and I can still clearly remember the experience of seeing it at the odeon in Brighton (with my mum no less). It quickly became my favourite movie of all time. But as the 80s gave way the 90s I watched it less and less. As the 90s gave way to the 00s I didn't even bother getting it on DVD. It was simply, for me at least, a film too much of its time.

The remake then wasn't something i was really interested in, but my daughter was well hyped for it, so off we went today. And, I really liked it. I was fun and Keaton was excellent. Some of the action scenes were excellent and the rest of the cast was also very good. A bit too long perhaps, but certainly more accomplished than certain other remakes.

This film is odd. Takes itself too seriously to be an entertaining Robocop film, but doesn't do enough with its themes to work as a serious work of scifi. Not bad, although a failure for sure. It is a bit like the director's previous films in that it is kind of boring, with a lack of action, despite being an action film.

There is a film I would like in there, without the Robocop element.