Robocop Remake - February 2014 - PG13 Rating Confirmed at ComicCon

Robo_1

I never go to critics to gauge what to think of something, I just think he's really entertaining to listen to. The fact that this isn't terrible means I was robbed of one of his infamous rants...which makes me hate it more than I was expecting to to begin with.

I'm not going to watch it at all. Haven't seen the Total Recall remake either. I've seen enough bland CGI-fests for one lifetime already, whether trading on the name of a superior film or novel or otherwise. and anything else will only encourage them.

sticking it to the man.

He also likes Prometheus. The Hunger Games films too. I had the misfortune to have to watch some of the second (?) one the other day. Incredibly tedious bunkum.

I have a feeling this will be similar. Has everyone noticed all the positive reviews are just saying 'it isn't THAT bad'? That isn't the basis of a good review, reviewers!

I tried to give it a chance and was actually behind it for a while, but then it got stupid. Maybe I switched off for a second, but was there any reason for uploading the police database just before revealing him to the public? But yeah, ultimately it was dull, diluted and lacking in any real soul. Like a robot, ho ho.

So...yeah. Hollywood finally did a good remake! Yes it nowhere near as gory or anarchic as the original. But it did have a deeper story (maybe not by much) some very cool action scenes and it held my attention all the way through. I went in expecting crap (wife wanted to see it) and came out pleasantly surprised. The action scenes were fun and it was nice how they didn't just tread old ground, but did have the nods to the original.

All in all enjoyed it. Then again I fucking love robots.

Yeah, Kermode is one of those honestly opinionated critics like Ebert that you might not agree with, but can triangulate your likelihood of enjoying a movie from.

That's a very clever way of putting it. I'mmma gonna steal that.

'Coping mechanism'?

How about you just don't go? Then you have nothing to cope with.

Honestly, you lot. If you're thinking that going to see this film out of some kind of morbid curiosity is a rebellion against pointless remakes, I don't think you understand how life works.

If you want to see it because you like the look of it, simply man up and admit it. You can only be negged so much.

If you think it looks terrible and is an affront to nature and God, just wait until it's on netflix or tv or something.

GIVING THE STUDIOS MONEY WHILST SAY 'STOP DOING THESE THINGS' DOESN'T WORK!

Stupid fat fingers, I negged you by mistake. Sorry.

I hated Prometheus when I first watched it in the cinema due to my expectations being so high due to the director and my love for Alien and Aliens. However, this turned to disappointment as the movie went on and on. It wasn't only when I watched it again that I appreciated it a bit more, there's a lot wrong with it but at least it aims high and the visuals were gorgeous.

I'm not going to see Robocop the remake, I probably see a rip at some point but I probably use that money to buy Robocop on blu ray instead.

Movies? Probably not. I was thinking this at first but after some thought while I do like it, I still prefer the original because of the ridiculous level of violence and more biting satire. Here the satire is present but definitely nowhere near the original level. I also think the final act where

RoboCop goes after the OmniCorp head

blew it's load far too early by having

Robo fight a bunch of ED-209's as his first set of enemies. Should have saved that for the finale.

It was cool but too early for that.

I think some people (no one here though) are being a little too hard on it for simply not being the original. Every other criticism I can see their point.But for me it was a fun, if a bit by the numbers movie.

If you're talking about stuff OTHER than movies, around half the newer Transformers cartoons kick the crap out of the original in terms of fun and story. (Yes Megatron the giant purple griffin will definitely defeat the Autobots...somehow). The other half are atrocious anime dubs.