rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Robo_1

Robocop Remake - February 2014 - PG13 Rating Confirmed at ComicCon

When I used to watch it as a youn 'un (I assume Robocop is the film most watched by underage kids ever. Did anyone here not see this before they were 12?), I loved to watch Robocop kicking ass.

If you hadn't watched Robocop in my school, you might as well have found yourself a new one, because you were nothing. It was cruel of parents not to let their offspring see it.

And besides, Robocop has already been remade to unintentionally hilarious effect (or was it unintentional?) by ITV. I'd buy that DVD for a dollar. It was comedy gold.

Robocop: The ITV Cut. The best bootleg I've never found.

First 18 movie I got into. Me and my mate, still wearing our school shirts managed to convince the woman on the desk we were 18. She said "ok, but if the police raid the place I'll tell them you told me your were 18" :(

I think it stands up to time very, very well.

It's not even 20 years old yet - remake?!

There should be a statute of limitations on this sort of stuff. :)

I don't recall the same sentiments being directed at the remake of Taxi (which is about a third the age of robocop), although admittedly it's not exactly the same calibre as Robocop. :(

I don't recall the same sentiments being directed at the remake of Taxi (which is about a third the age of robocop), although admittedly it's not exactly the same calibre as Robocop. :(

there's a tide of remakes on the way, mostly of movies that never needed to be revistited, it's a sad fact that most people won't watch the originals because they are "old" or have no CG in them... I could rant for weeks about it, but instead i'll just vote with my wallet and simply not watch them.

If you hadn't watched Robocop in my school, you might as well have found yourself a new one, because you were nothing. It was cruel of parents not to let their offspring see it.

And besides, Robocop has already been remade to unintentionally hilarious effect (or was it unintentional?) by ITV. I'd buy that DVD for a dollar. It was comedy gold.

Robocop: The ITV Cut. The best bootleg I've never found.

I've a battered, worn-to-bits version of that on tape. You could almost say it's worth keeping a video for but then you'd be outta your freakin' mind.

It's not like the film has become dated yet, either in looks or script.

I watched Robocop for the first time last week (3 second-hand videos for £3 in Blockbuster, folks), and that big fuck off robot jerking about, motion captured at 2 frames per second, is sheer hilarity. Nice irony, kid. What's your name?

TBH, all they'd need to do is go back to the original and CGI ed 209. That stop motion version is embarrassingly awful.

Are you crazy? The stop motion Ed-209 looks fucking mean! I love the way stop motion robots move. I like the stop motion Terminator as well.

Robots are supposed to 'jerk about'.

It's themes aren't dated at all, the score will always be one of the greats and the look of the movie holds up very well to this day. Okay, ED-209 looks dated (though I think it still works for the reason Pob gave) but everything else punches holes through the action and sci-fi movies that Hollywood whips out these days.

It's themes aren't dated at all, the score will always be one of the greats and the look of the movie holds up very well to this day.

Absolutely. And as soon as I saw the thread the theme tune was running through my head.

Social satire and ultra violence... Robocop is Judge Dredd. Nice little in-joke on the original sculptures of the Robocop costume, as seen on the DVD.

Another remake thread, eh?

This is where I step in and say give the film a chance befoe you slate etc.

But even I can't defend this one! Robocop is one of the few perfect movies in existence.

Stop motion? TOP motion more like!

The film is perfect, Ronny Cox's long arms and all.

I would love a sequel in the same vein as the original though.

I watched Robocop for the first time last week (3 second-hand videos for £3 in Blockbuster, folks), and that big fuck off robot jerking about, motion captured at 2 frames per second, is sheer hilarity. Nice irony, kid. What's your name?

Freaking kids. If it was so badly done, why's it been mimicked by every movie up to and including I, Robot?

Freaking kids. If it was so badly done, why's it been mimicked by every movie up to and including I, Robot?

Calsun295s-630t.jpg

Yeh, robots are meant to be jerky but, ffs, I'm sure I can see an animator's hand in one of the frames! Probably Rolf Harris', although I thought his work was above that.

At the time though, it had to be some of the best stop motion work going. The first time I watched a making of, and actually saw that the scene where Robo blows up ED outside of OCP, and then walks into the building is almost entirely done in stop motion, I dropped. The way Robo walks into the building is so smooth, I still can't identify it clearly as stop motion today.