IGNORED

Charity Shops - Rubbish...

RichM

That is until I found this....

smetweb.jpg

Yes it is sealed and brand new!!!! I nearly died when I saw it in the window, couldn't get in there fast enough. I've looked in loads of charity shops and found nothing at all. Someone must be smiling down on me today!!! :D

Sorry guys, had to share as I haven't stopped smiling yet :D

Rich

AFAIK those were only introduced in N64 era. Don't GBA games still have shrink wrap?

I've got a few SNES games that are sealed with Nintendo seal. However, I would b surprised if that Super Metroid box would be Nintendo sealed, due to its size. Thus, it would more likely be sealed as in that picture. I think.

Great, great find. That's one of the SNES games I am still waiting to wander upon at a boot sale.

Never got anything in a charity shop!

Thanks guys. Felt a bit guilty only paying that for it!!!!

Anyone else found any good bargains so far this year? Carboots are still a month or so off yet and I'm missing the weekly threads.

About 12 offical psone screens at £15 each and a £10 4 switch black VCS/2600 with 12 games.

£3 sims 2 - sealed.

psone Tombi - £2

£1 rtype delta promo.

Broken Sword 1,2, Transport Tycoon - pretty cheap off a market stall.

not too bad overall.

Are you sure its new and sealed? Just looks shrink wrapped to me, unless nintendo didnt do them offical shrink wraps with the little bit you pull off.

Great find though, charity shops near me want 80 quid for a dreamcast and chu chu rocket ¬_¬

I'd make them a reasonable offer if I were you. It's just inventory. They need the money more.

Great find though, charity shops near me want 80 quid for a dreamcast and chu chu rocket ¬_¬

:unsure: You want to get in there and start shouting CHARITY, CHARITY at the top of your voice. My God, £80?!?!

I regret selling my big box Super Metroid years ago along with the SNES and a shitload of other games, but we've all done that, not that it doesn't make me weep to thing about it though. I managed to get SM back from a guy at work a few years ago for nothing (after saying no, no, let me give you some money for it). He refused, I laughed inside.

I guess my best SNES (non boot) buy was Secret of Mana from an indy shop. It was marked up at a tenner and the assistant knocked it down to a fiver because the box was battered and didn't include the map.

You know what I'm going to say next...

I guess my best SNES (non boot) buy was Secret of Mana from an indy shop. It was marked up at a tenner and the assistant knocked it down to a fiver because the box was battered and didn't include the map.

You know what I'm going to say next...

No...what are you going to say next, and will you ever say it?

I thought the big boxed games like that just had the 2 circular Nintendo stickers over the flaps.

Yeah I think they did although mines got no evidence of this so I'm not sure. Neither has my mario paint big box got any evidence. The lylat wars boxset I have definately had the stickers and not shrink wrap.

Does anyone actually go into charity shops looking for games stuff. I got fed up with bothering. The only things I ever saw were pga tour golf for £2 and madden 94 for £2.50 in about 4 weeks looking in every one I came across.

I've only managed to get a couple of bits from charity shops, the trouble is that they are not allowed to sell electrical items and so the consoles end up in a bin in the back of the shop. The games will sometimes make it into the shop though.

Best Charity shop find was Super Mario 64, sealed (Official Nintendo sealing) for 50P. That I took right into the game shop next door and traded in for £15 ;)

Small box snes games had the little pull thingies but not the big boxes like this one. You can tell it's an original seal as the film is thick and the little pull out flaps underneath have no creases. The box is perfect underneath it too. Woman in the shop also said the person who bought it in told her it had never been opened (If you can believe them!).

Some very nice finds there 213 ;)

The charity shop was Cancer Research on Chiswick high road.

Rich

I've only managed to get a couple of bits from charity shops, the trouble is that they are not allowed to sell electrical items

I don't believe this is strictly true as Age concern sell Electricals and were advertising for pc's newer than a p3 in the paper last week as donations.

I think insurance is the issue, that or Age concern are flouting the law.

My local Shelter shop had a couple of MD carts in the window, nothing special, but inside I found Megadrive Probotector and wierdly enough a US Saturn version of Cyberia complete in one of those stupid oversize jewel cases for £2 each.

The Case then was used to replace my broken Magical Knight Rayearth one.

I think they can sell electrical stuff as long as they have a qualified electrician that can check it over first. Not that many of them do though.

The one near us is a large old warehouse type operation so that'd make sense.

I think it's time for a forum legend to tell everyone the Virtual boy and Age concern story.........

I think they can sell electrical stuff as long as they have a qualified electrician that can check it over first. Not that many of them do though.

Yes. That's right. My old dear who's now retired works at the local St. Peters Hospice one or two afternoons a week. She says that electrical goods all have to be tested.

I always put her on the lookout for games, but so far, no luck. I use it as a dumping place for outdated PC software that I don't want/need/can't load any more.

Rob