Mario Kart Gp Arcade

mrsambarlow

Wow, this doesn't explain why I got 7 days of pure singleplayer joy from the game before reading others (inc. Edge's) opinion. I was genuinely surprised when I heard how much people hated it.

Also: EDGE'S REVIEW OF MK:DD WAS PURE SHIT.

If the game was pot luck and required no skill to win, how come I always finished 1st/2nd on the hardest cup whilst my newbie mates got beat to fuck?

Anyways that isn't for this thread. This new game does sound extremely exciting, but all the MK:DD haters piss me off something chronic. That game had some charm. In fact I may have to go play it again soon.

o/\o

Wow, this doesn't explain why I got 7 days of pure singleplayer joy from the game before reading others (inc. Edge's) opinion. I was genuinely surprised when I heard how much people hated it.

If the game was pot luck and required no skill to win, how come I always finished 1st/2nd on the hardest cup whilst my newbie mates got beat to fuck?

Anyways that isn't for this thread. This new game does sound extremely exciting, but all the MK:DD haters piss me off something chronic. That game had some charm. In fact I may have to go play it again soon.

Harrold Shipman had some charm im sure, doesnt stop him being a evil bastard :)

DD was shit, MK:64 also. Mario Kart was awesome - lets hope this is like the snes game as its the best in the series by some margin still.

Are threre any video's of this ??

Agreed. It was easy and the AI cheated like a motherfucker, but damnit if that game didn't have charm and was fun as heck while it lasted. I couldn't stop playing it until I completed everything in SP.

Harrold Shipman had some charm im sure, doesnt stop him being a evil bastard :unsure:

DD was shit, MK:64 also. Mario Kart was awesome - lets hope this is like the snes game as its the best in the series by some margin still.

Are threre any video's of this ??

I loved the N64 version. The races weren't fantastic but the battle mode was and still is superb IMO. I've always liked the Mario Kart series primarily for it's multiplayer gaming and I think the battle mode in the N64 version has been the best of the lot. The racing has always played second fiddle to the battle mode for me and most of my family/friends that I sitll regularly play the game(Mk64 that is) with.

• 3 months later...

So what's people's hunch concerning a home console conversion?

1) It won't appear

2) It will be an easy Revolution launch title for Nintendo

3) It will be coming to the cube, possibly early 2006

I'm going for 3, because there will be a lack of cube software to fill the gap between the release of Twilight Princess and the Revolution

So what's people's hunch concerning a home console conversion?

1) It won't appear

2) It will be an easy Revolution launch title for Nintendo

3) It will be coming to the cube, possibly early 2006

I'm going for 3, because there will be a lack of cube software to fill the gap between the release of Twilight Princess and the Revolution

I'll go for 2, as online multiplayer would be fantastic, and the revolution will need very strong launch software. Should be a fairly easy port too.

I'll go for 2, as online multiplayer would be fantastic, and the revolution will need very strong launch software.  Should be a fairly easy port too.

And we'll have the DS Mario Kart to keep us happy, whilst we wait for the Revolution.