Europa Universalis Ii On Nintendo Ds

rgraves

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57963

Paradox Interactive is working with Pocket PC Studios to adapt Europa Universalis II to handheld formats including Nintendo DS, according to a release on the developer's website, and will release the adaptation later this year.

"Europa Universalis II is one of our most appreciated titles. As a leading force in the pocket PC entertainment business, Pocket PC Studios are the perfect partners to continue its legacy on a new platform," said Fredrik Lindgren, VP of sales and marketing for Paradox. "This additional accessibility is something that will suit the current fan base as well as attract new curious gamers."

The game involves leading a nation of the player's choice to world supremacy over a timespan of more than 400 years (1419-1820) by directing domestic and foreign policies, engaging in religious struggles and setting up expeditions to lay claim to the New World, according to Paradox.

It's official - a press release was issued yesterday. Pocket PC Studios are publishing it.

.::: Good news indeed.

Europa in the Palm of your hand! - Paradox bestseller back on new platform

Stockholm Feb 15, 2005

When Europa Universalis II was released in 2001, it conquered the world and became a global best-seller.  Paradox Interactive is now working with Pocket PC Studios to adapt the critically acclaimed title to handheld platforms like Palm OS, Nintendo DS and Windows CE.

"Europa Universalis II is one of our most appreciated titles.  As a leading force in the pocket PC entertainment business, Pocket PC Studios are the perfect partners to continue its legacy on a new platform.  This additional accessibility is something that will suit the current fan base as well as attract new curious gamers", says Fredrik Lindgren, VP of Sales and Marketing at Paradox Interactive.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for Pocket PC Studios and Paradox Interactive to bring this phenomenal title to mobile gamers", adds Becky Moore, Director of Business Development at Pocket PC Studios.  "Europa Universalis II will be the game to have in 2005."

Europa Universalis II spans more than 400 years (1419 - 1820) with players trying to lead the nation of their choice, to world supremacy.  By guiding domestic and foreign policies, engaging in religious struggles and set up expeditions to lay claim to the New World, the player will lead its nation to prosperity.

For more information on Europa Universalis and/or Paradox Interactive please visit: www.paradoxplaza.com

For more information on Pocket PC Studios please visit: www.ppcstudios.com

Europa Universalis 2, Victoria and Hearts of Iron 2 are quite frankly the best games I've ever played...

They (and the prequels - I started way back when EU 1 was released) have sucked up more time than any other games, and that includes Civ 1/2 (and to a lesser extent 3)...*

The best location to read about them is the excellent official Paradox Entertainment forums....

*To clarify, Civ 1/2 where my previous holders of most played games on any format...

I've always fancied playing the EU games (especially after Lum the Mad raved about them ). But I'm wondering, is the DS the ideal platform for this game or is the PC better? How suited is it to the DS hardware? If its a perfect match then I just might be excited about this.

-Jools