IGNORED

Image Store

fragglerock

I am not sure if this will work...

I have set up a gmail account so people can e-mail large full scale pictures to it, and we can all log on and download them.

I don't know how google will react with multiple people logging onto the same account at the same time... but the worst they can do is block the account!

anyway worth a try I guess!

Account: bitfeed@gmail.com

Password: showmethepics

I have not used the drive widget. Does it 'encode' the files in some way?

i.e. do you NEED to use the drive program to access the attachments? if so I would suggest keeping things easy and simply using normal attachments. you can use http://www.dynadvance.com/ to have multiple accounts, so you can see if there is new stuff more easily.

May as well make it easy for yourselves:

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Correct. And beat me to it.

i.e. do you NEED to use the drive program to access the attachments? if so I would suggest keeping things easy and simply using normal attachments. you can use http://www.dynadvance.com/ to have multiple accounts, so you can see if there is new stuff more easily.

It's drag-and-drop like any other drive. Double-click, log in, see files arranged like any other, drag the ones you want and it mails them for you. And vice versa.

Piece of piss.

Right. Well it definately worked before. I guess they have time expiry.

Anyway, I sort of loved this idea and set up a retro roms account. Would Rob kick my arse if I released the details?

I'm having trouble uploading any very large files though, by emailing them to myself that is. Don't know if that's the limitation of the connection, Google's shortcomings or even a limitation on file-size.

The hard limit is 10meg per e-mail

However due to weird packet size thingies the 'real' max is more like 5-6 meg. Break up your files and they will go in

So how does the drive-system plugin work?

BTW I just read that people are working on a P2P system to take advantage of the space/bandwidth!

No new registrations on onlinestorage.biz for a while I'm afraid. It was massively more popular than I thought so it actually cost me money :o I'm waiting for this thing to clear then I'm opening registrations again. Possibly 48 hours.