Sega Ps2 Pad

kamrantaz

One question: Why?

I haven't played on a Saturn in years, not since I sold mine anyway, but I don't remember them being particularly great pads. No better than the PS2 ones anyway. So why bother?

because the saturn mkII pad (as seen above) is the best digital controller ever made. bar none. the most comfortable, and with by far the best d-pad.

because the saturn mkII pad (as seen above) is the best digital controller ever made. bar none. the most comfortable, and with by far the best d-pad.

I never had the, um, privilidge of playing with a MKII pad, just the normal one, so, I'll go on what you're saying.

You'll all be crying out for the original MegaDrive pads next. ;)

If that's real, then it's not particularly suprising. The mk2/Jap Saturn pad it damn good - not quite upto the high standard of the 6-button MD pad, but still a lovely piece of hard-wearing hardware. Hopefully they won't skimp on build quality, like they did with the PSX ASCII Saturn-style pads.

If that's fake, you're a cunt. Links?

I've just noticed something - what are rubbish button layout. It'll mean you have to reconfigure the buttons in everything you use. That's nice of 'em.

Edit: I looked at it wrong. It's not as bad as I thought, but still not perfect.

I've just noticed something - what are rubbish button layout. It'll mean you have to reconfigure the buttons in everything you use. That's nice of 'em.

Edit: I looked at it wrong. It's not as bad as I thought, but still not perfect.

The default button configuration for SFII on the PS2 is stupid anyway (and because you can't save you have to re-configure it EVERY time you load up the game :() so it's an improvement whichever way you look at it the way I see it.

Best digital pad ever, so glad Sega aren't missing this trick.

If you absolutely must use a d-pad for fighters/ shooters over a good stick then the saturn pad is singularily the best one for the job. Playing street fighter with a sony ps2 pad gives me terrible blisters. I bought the snk ascii snk vs capcom pad which is pretty nice for fighters but not quite up to the sega saturn pad....

This is great news- thanks for the heads up.