IGNORED

Official Dressing Room - The Rymans League

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

I only picked Parma because they used to be good when I watched Italian Football a few years ago. Turns out they're shit now :rolleyes:

Especially the keeper.

Seriosly though, I was comprahensively beaten there. Usually I get loads of chances and miss them but Seanr was giving nothing away.

True. The Borussia Monchengladbach defence are rock solid, even with three at the back, it's up front I normally have problems, as previous scores would attest.

played my games against McMond last night

Tobert  4 - Mcmond 0

Mcmond 0 - 3 Tobert

So thats two wins to me which should further cement my mid table position :P

:(

Man, i is never gonna win. I know it gets said ALLL the time.. but these games were actualy CLOSER than the scorelines suggests. I just cannot score.

If he agrees, in the first game.. i was all over him for 30 odd minutes.. hit the woodwork twice, blasted wide and everything. So i got excited and started to push more men forward and he scored on the break.. pah.

So then i HAD to push forward, when the 2nd went in.. my team's morale just went to pot. Obviously Tobert deserved the wins.. he put his chances away - I didn't.

Sooooo many shots at goal... like 1 on target.

I aint bitter... i just want to score goals *sob* :D

Edit: even worse, the nearest person to me SeanR has got himself 2 wins. Wo is me :(

ASM 4 - BPH 1

This game took 3 attempts before it got past the first half - it crashed twice on me for some unknown reason.  A well deserved victory though for ASM, some good finishing.  Huckerby couldn't hit the proverbial.

BPH 1 - ASM 2

A bit closer this match but Francis getting a double booking in the first 25 minutes and a rather bizarre penalty made it a bit tricky to get back.  ASM had a player sent off in the 2nd half but definitely deserved the victory, Norwich were outclassed in every area and didn't really have any clear chances.

Cheers for the games, sorry for all the connection troubles.

The connection problems were odd. I've never had any problems like that before, but at least we got the games played in the end.

Two more really open games, end to end stuff. I was very lucky with the penalty in the second game.

Thanks BHP

I can't wait to see this weeks league.

I'm on holiday 13/03-20/03 (yes two sundays in a row)

What say we play the games

SeanRs NotAthletic V Real Napole0n 13/03

Real Napole0n V SeanRs NotAthletic 13/03

and

SeanRs NotAthletic V McMondos 20/03

McMondos V SeanRs NotAthletic 20/03

on the

monday 21/03 (Napole0n)

Tueday 22/03 (McMondos)

Mmm, mmm?

remember?

edited for clarity btw...

Guest JamesLee

Aye, we're playing ours right before deadline ;)

May as well arrange a time to play match against Tobert on sunday. You available sunday mate? :P

Really eager about the next two fixtures though. It could easily make or break either of the top 3 teams. Or maybe not as extreme as that, but dependent on results one team could pull out very much on top by next monday :(

I'm nervous. :D

Blimey its close, the results from James and napole0ns games were important and a draw between them has made things really interesting.

I am returning the UK monday morning but will probably be jet lagged, seeing as this is such am important game can we look at playing wednesday/thursday?

Guest JamesLee
Website updated.

5 points seperate the top four, so all to play for.

McMond needs to get some points fast, or he is gonna be relegated.

Thats fine matey ;) You good to play through the day, or just evenings? Thurs day time would be lovely ;)

And the league at the top has definitely opened up a lot. The games I got coming up are gonna be massive ><

I'm really happy with how this league is unfolding. All the matches I've played so far were friendly but competitive, with a feeling that both sides could have won, winning or losing usually depending on a moment of inspiriation or a bit of luck. As League Organiser I'm also happy that everybody is turning in their results on time so that I don't have to chase them. Keep it up! ;)

Just played my matches with McMond -

McMond 5 - bph 5

bph 2 - McMond 2

Fair results really, two ridiculously open and action packed matches. Some of the best I've had on LIVE tbh. Cheers!

Just played my matches with McMond -

McMond 5 - bph 5

bph 2 - McMond 2

Fair results really, two ridiculously open and action packed matches.  Some of the best I've had on LIVE tbh.  Cheers!

Aye, very open indeed. I was chasing the game all the time in the first match... then i took a 5-4 lead and was hoping to keep it. However if the previous 80 mins were anything to go by.. there wasn't any doubt that you'd get another.

Same with the 2nd, although i would have hoped to hold onto the 2-1 with you being down to 10 men.

Good games. No good for my Ryman's league status.. but really enjoyed them. :(

ok me and James lee had our cruital league game tonight and the scores were...

James Lee 4 - 1 Tobert

This was a good game but terrible score from my perspective. An early own goal set the tone with a dangerous ball bouncing around the area, this was followed by a fantastic keeper chip and then a great crossed ball tap in to make it 3-0 by 30 minutes. I managed to claw one back in the second half and fought on by James managed to get one more near the end. It was a good game but my team just didn't seem right (Away game syndrome) whilst james's put in a clearly supior performance

Tobert 4 - 2 James Lee

Now this was more like it! - The game started slow with the rain making play heavy going. We knocked it around for a fair while before james scored the opener. I then battled on and, after a lot of graft, equalised. However james reply was swift with some great link up play ending a one of his attackers streaming into the box and placing a superb volley 2-1 and ending the second half. I scored again quickly in the second with Rooney dancing around the defence to equalise, and then again with Bent taping in a lucky deflection. With 80 minutes gone and 1 goal down, james pushed forward which allowed an through ball to be put to an unmarked Bent to score right at the whislte.

I must say these were the best games so far (even the first one) and james was very good, the results also leave the league wide open...

Guest JamesLee

*agrees very much so with toberts comments*

Both were fantastic games, the 2nd especially. HIs team definitely weren't with it in the first game, and the second started slow, but the first goal opened it all up and then the goals started leaking in.

Very good and fun games :unsure:

League is so tight now though ><