IGNORED

Official Dressing Room - The Rymans League

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Errr. dirty discs.. yes. :D

Both games 1-1

I've Pm'd you.

Edit: We actually played the games on Tuesday. If Mike agrees i thought they were really enjoyable games. The first was really even, lots of missed chances.. scrappy midfield battle.. my lucky goal where it bounced off the keeprs shin into the path of mys striker. :D.

The 2nd game Mike was all over me, but could not hit the target AT ALL. Then i went and scored at the other end.. how p*ssed off he must have been :(

Then it all went down hill, got a disc error 4 mins left in the 2nd game. Arranged a new game for Wed, i changed the kick-off time and then didn't get back in time to play it. Then i forgot to check my PM's to see if Mike had agreed another.

Mike agreed to let 1-1 scoreline that it was stand - so thanks Mike.

Guest JamesLee

My match is organised for tues night, looking forward to it :lol: Got a feeling this league will go right down to the wire for promotion places.

Loving it :lol:

ok me and seanR played, couple of fairly tight games although again the away team seemed to be at a disadvantage.

the scores were:

SeanR 0 - 3 Tobert (sean - I can't remember if this was the exact score, please correct me if it isn't)

Tobert 2 - 1 SeanR

this was a tight game with opening at both ends, both my goals came in the first half (fergerson and Rooney) and seanR looked like he could have leveled a few times in the second.

So three wins in a row which should hopefully mean I move to a nice mid table slot :D

ok me and seanR played, couple of fairly tight games although again the away team seemed to be at a disadvantage.

the scores were:

SeanR 0 - 3 Tobert (sean - I can't remember if this was the exact score, please correct me if it isn't)

Tobert 2 - 1 SeanR

this was a tight game with opening at both ends, both my goals came in the first half (fergerson and Rooney) and seanR looked like he could have leveled a few times in the second.

So three wins in a row which should hopefully mean I move to a nice mid table slot :P

I've got the first game down as

SeanR 0 - Tobert 2

and the second

Tobert 2 - SeanR 1

:D

Guest JamesLee

Just played my two games. They were great :P

First one maybe was a little one sided, I think McMond was just getting warmed into the team for the first match :o He had some chances, but the strikers just werent delivering the goods. 3-0.

Second game was very close and tight, and like last week had chances constantly at either end. I think I hit the post/bar 3 times, his keeper made some great one on one saves, and I had 2 failed 20 yard lobs, both lofted nicely, only failing on direction and going wide :(

McMond had some class chances though, plenty of one on ones, got on some good crosses too in the second game, as his strikers got forward much more often. He also had a very unlucky chance where he dribbled past 3 of my players and hit the 'joint' of the goal. 0-0 in the end though ;)

So yeah, my home match was 3-0. My away game was 0-0.

Ta for the games mcmond :D

Scores are updated. Now we just need the 1812/bph games and we've got another week on schedule!

Bph 4 vs 1812 2

1812 0 vs Bph 3

I think that's right - better wait for 1812 to confirm, good games. I think the score line flattered me a bit on both occasions.

Guest JamesLee

Can't wait to see what the table looks like now ;)

EDIT: Just noticed most of it has been changed already, ace :unsure: If I can win my games against Napoleon, I can hopefully make myself a nice gap at the top and spare myself a bit of breathing space.

Really looking forward to the games. Quite nervous though :)

Aye yes, i agree with those scores - unfortuntely. :(

I did really enjoy the games, didn't really get into the first game.. took me ages to find my feet. Don't think my strikers got a touch of the ball. Didn't defend too badly... but JamesLee scored some well taken goals.

The second game we only had ourselves to blame. 2 perfectly weighted chips from JamesLee that, luckily for me were off target. Then numerous chances either end.. good goalkeeping from my fella.. dreadful shooting after creating one on ones for myself.

Can't remember how many times my strikers scuffed the ball, or hit it first time into the stands.

Nothing to do with me, obviously. :angry:

Guest JamesLee

Yeah, your strikers really weren't up to much were they.

I told jose mari that if he didn't play better, I'm gonna pull him off at half time.

"Really?" he replied, "I only used to get an orange and a bottle of water from the last manager!"

Dum tisch. :P

Your forwards did much better in the 2nd game though ;)

its amazing how much the emtion arrows make, up for it players can seem completely different.

Sometimes my team can't hit a barn door if they were holding the handle, other times I get lucky and they seem to all be running on concentrated red bull...

Guest JamesLee

Aye, don't think I've had one game where my big players havent been on blue ><

I'm hoping for my next games against Napole0n everyone will be doing a Mutu ;) They can think about the lousy ban later :P

Bph 4 vs 1812 2

1812 0 vs Bph 3

I think that's right - better wait for 1812 to confirm, good games. I think the score line flattered me a bit on both occasions.

Yup, unfortunately that's correct. I have so many chances, but I cannae score cap'n!

Guest JamesLee

That's cool, as I'm up in scotland and probs can't play sunday either :angry: We'll arrange something on monday on when to play? That ok? :)

Is it me or is season 2 even more enjoyable than season 1? the league has been really quite close and, so far, I have enjoyed all my games (probably partly due to not being spanked 8-0 all the time!). I find my self thinking about my games during the week and actually get a little nervous before I play. Everyone has had good games with Wins and losses for most teams so I now look forward to the league getting updated and seeing were everyone sits.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes, it's a lot more enjoyable like this. Both the talents of the players and their teams seems pretty much on a level, so every game is a challenge and could be win by either player. A lot more fun than the ass-whooping I got on season 1: only one or two matches won (not counting victories gained from dropout teams).

played my games against McMond last night

Tobert 4 - Mcmond 0

This was actually a lot closer than the score suggests, McMond had a couple of great chances in the first 10 minutes but twice hit the woodwork. I got through on goal a couple of times in the first half and scored both times, once I got the 3rd at the beginning of the second half, Mcmonds team was pretty now troden. He battled well but I put one more in before the end

Mcmond 0 - 3 Tobert

This was my away game so I had to adjust accordingly, again it was very open game with chances at both ends. I got 1 in the first half and then two more in the second (including a very lucky deflection to Bent's feet infront of an open goal).

So thats two wins to me which should further cement my mid table position :)

ASM 4 - BPH 1

This game took 3 attempts before it got past the first half - it crashed twice on me for some unknown reason. A well deserved victory though for ASM, some good finishing. Huckerby couldn't hit the proverbial.

BPH 1 - ASM 2

A bit closer this match but Francis getting a double booking in the first 25 minutes and a rather bizarre penalty made it a bit tricky to get back. ASM had a player sent off in the 2nd half but definitely deserved the victory, Norwich were outclassed in every area and didn't really have any clear chances.

Cheers for the games, sorry for all the connection troubles.

These are NOT submissions yet:

SeanR 4 vs 1812 1

A good game... for me, 1812 had two defenders send off for double yellow tackles, yet he was the one that won a penalty? Buh?

1812 1 vs SeanR 5

Lovely, up and at them. Sidefooted the keeper twice but...

Abandoned on 78minutes due to network issues. I didn't mind playing against the lag. Not when his keeper was throwing the ball into his own net. But then the connection dropped. Tried to re-establish, but it was having none of it.

So the GF rebooted the server and I came up to post about it.

Replay or some other agreement, mike?

I only picked Parma because they used to be good when I watched Italian Football a few years ago. Turns out they're shit now :rolleyes:

Especially the keeper.

Seriosly though, I was comprahensively beaten there. Usually I get loads of chances and miss them but Seanr was giving nothing away.