IGNORED

Hl2 - New Content

Polmon

Havent seen this on here, so IGN have reported that Valve will be releasing the first new content for single player HL2 in the form of 'The Lost Coast'. They're also updating teh Source engine to include a new lighting technique that didnt make it into the final build (one which very few gfx cards support it seems).

There's also new shit for HL2: DM and CS: S, but you can find that out yourselves :angry:

HDR - High Dynamic Range - lighting was originally going to be in retail HL2, but it didn't make the cut. It's fucking punishing on even the most brilliant graphics card; expect a minimum requirement for 'The Lost Coast' of a DirectX 9 graphics card.

And it'll just be a single new level, with some new characters and art content it seems - not a new "tier" of playable game.

been looking forward to cs_compound for a while now, it looks great. The rest of the stuff I really don't care that much about.

I'm with you on that

Just wish they'd do a proper job on militia and i'd be one happy bunny

Havent seen this on here, so IGN have reported that Valve will be releasing the first new content for single player HL2 in the form of 'The Lost Coast'. They're also updating teh Source engine to include a new lighting technique that didnt make it into the final build (one which very few gfx cards support it seems).

There's also new shit for HL2: DM and CS: S, but you can find that out yourselves :)

How can they add a new map to the game if we've already finished it? :)

The Steam Update message makes it sound like this patch will simply add content to the beach chapter of the game.

To play it you will probably have to replay the whole chapter (17?) in order to experience the new content. Judging by the artwork this new section will unfold in a mansion set on a cliff overhang.

I don't think it's part of HL2's singleplayer, to be honest. It sounds like they simply took part of the coast as a base, and totally revamped it to make it something unique.

'To showcase this we've taken a part of the Highway 17 chapter of Half-Life 2 and worked it into a single level that incorporates HDR along with some new gameplay. We're calling this short level "The Lost Coast,"'

what would be the point in that? it's a REMAKE of an existing level. you don't have to turn it off, just play the existing level.

I think he was referring to turning off the HDR which you WILL be able to disable if it's killing your frame rates.

I won't be though coz I like my eye candy.