Some live shit to kick us off

The Beatnuts/Rodney P

6 Feb - Tickets: £15 adv.

www.meanfiddler.com

Digable Planets

16 Feb - Tickets: £15 adv/ £18 door.

www.meanfiddler.com

Tricks O’ The Trade

Killa Kela, MC Trip, DJ Skeletrik, Spider J, Rookwood , Random, Muzzell and Orion

17 Feb - The Fez, 5-6 Gun St, Reading. Tickets: £6 adv.

Info: 07879 010 558/ 01189 586 839

I like the look of this new Scaramanga shit…

snakeeyes1.gifsnakeeyes2.gif

Same goes for this Ghost DVD…

ghostfacedvd.gif

We also need to work out if we want to change things for next month – one thread or many threads…

Essentials

Previous editions

January 05

December 04

November 04

October 04

September 04

August 04

July 04

June 04

May 04

April 04

March 04

February 04

January 04

December Part 2 03

December Part 1 03

November 03

October 03

The thread that started it all

Links

www.suspect-packages.co.uk

www.scenariorecords.com

www.rootdownrecords.com

www.rapandsoulmailorder.com

www.juno.co.uk

www.picadillyrecords.com

www.turntablelab.com

www.hiphopsite.com

www.ukhh.com

www.skratch-alienz.com

www.sandboxautomatic.com

www.daybydayent.com

www.thegiantpeach.com

www.hiphop-blogs.com/hiphop/

www.digitalgravel.com

Four Elements (old-skool videos)

Recommended Radio Shows

XFM – 11pm-1am Saturdays

Beats FM – 9pm-11pm Saturdays

I do like Roots.

Brings his own special music and rap style to the entire genre.

Dusted rocked. Even though he never did the beats.

Sometimes i think that works better.

Bring someone not usual associated with Hip -Hop to do the beats - then get some fine rapper to add the icing.

Can't think of many examples though. Leftfield and Dave Clarke (hard techno DJ! are the only two that spring to mind).

Some live shit to kick us off

The Beatnuts/Rodney P

6 Feb - Tickets: £15 adv.

www.meanfiddler.com

Also The Beatnuts are at The Fiddler in Bristol this sat night (5th Feb). £8.50 tickets.

Over bloated London prices my ass! :D

I've heard bad things about the new Blak Twang album, are they right? (sounds dated)

OK peeps; here's something I started work on yesterday.

http://www.games-portal.co.uk/hip-hop

It's by no means finished as I'm hoping to add an upcoming events page amongst other things, but I thought it would be cool to have just one single place that we can keep track of pretty much everything, for example all the previous threads, a selection of the songs from the past few months that people post, the playlist threads (which haven't been added yet), etc.

It is by no means an alternative, as the content of the site is purely based on this recommendations thread every month (a some of the other hip-hop threads). Without this thread there will be no website. All I aim to do with this is to provide somewhere that we can go to find the information throughout the month and download some cool beats, keep track of meeting arrangements and stuff. Again, I only started the site yesterday so expect a couple of new things to be added soon, but it's worth mentioning that I am quite a busy person because of Uni, so sometimes there might not be an update on the site for a few days or even a week. Anyway, with a bit of patience and some more work I think this could be pretty cool.

EDIT: Might be worth mentioning that 'The Pharcyde' have a few gigs planned soon.

Anyone know of any Beatnuts dates in Scotland?

Going back a little for this album but I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned.

Tame One - When Rappers Attack

htr110.gif

1. When Rappers Attack

2. Heat

3. Act Right

4. Tame As It Ever Was

5. Slick Talkin'

6. Up To No Good Again

7. Leak Smoke (feat. Cage)

8. Dreamz

9. Concerto

10. Moment I Feared

11. Iz It Me

12. Homage To The Bomberz

Tame One Biography

Tame One Realplayer samples & mp3s

A very solid album. There's no need for fast forward with it.

B00073IUVG.01._OU02._OU02_PIuk-r-fp-1099,BottomRight,10,10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Apathy: Where's Your Album?!

Date: 21.02.05

Apathy feat Celph titled & Motive - Represent

Celph Titled, The Rubix Cuban is shooting through your roof with rugers/

Jumping out the sewer in a scuba suit

:D

There is far too many tracks about "the bitches" on this album for it to get repeated play. There are a few good tracks but the subject matter does get tiresome when you hear 3 tracks in a row about "kicking the whore out the door etc..."

B0006VXG86.02._OU02_PIuk-r-fp-999,BottomRight,10,10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Roots Manuva - Awfully Deep

Date: Out Now (31.01.05)

Hopefully, that will be dropping through my letterbox today. If the Royal Mail don't decide to nick it, of course.

Hip-hop I've been listening to lately: Sage Francis - Personal Journals, Abdominal and DJ Fase - Flowtation Device. Neither of which are particularly fresh, but I've only just got round to picking them up. And I like them.

OK peeps; here's something I started work on yesterday.

http://www.games-portal.co.uk/hip-hop

It's by no means finished as I'm hoping to add an upcoming events page amongst other things, but I thought it would be cool to have just one single place that we can keep track of pretty much everything, for example all the previous threads, a selection of the songs from the past few months that people post, the playlist threads (which haven't been added yet), etc.

It is by no means an alternative, as the content of the site is purely based on this recommendations thread every month (a some of the other hip-hop threads). Without this thread there will be no website. All I aim to do with this is to provide somewhere that we can go to find the information throughout the month and download some cool beats, keep track of meeting arrangements and stuff. Again, I only started the site yesterday so expect a couple of new things to be added soon, but it's worth mentioning that I am quite a busy person because of Uni, so sometimes there might not be an update on the site for a few days or even a week. Anyway, with a bit of patience and some more work I think this could be pretty cool.

EDIT: Might be worth mentioning that 'The Pharcyde' have a few gigs planned soon.

Quality. I'll stick it in my sig later.

Guilty pleasure of the month: Cam' Ron 'Girls'

Most dissapointing promo picked up cheap: The Blak Twang album - like someone said, it's terrible (such a shame from such a talented rapper)

Hopefully, that will be dropping through my letterbox today. If the Royal Mail don't decide to nick it, of course.

Hip-hop I've been listening to lately: Sage Francis - Personal Journals, Abdominal and DJ Fase - Flowtation Device. Neither of which are particularly fresh, but I've only just got round to picking them up. And I like them.

Hopefully Manuva will be in my letterbox this evening, from the reviews it looks exceptional.

Have you heard anything of the new Sage Francis album Uncle Mike? It's out in a few days and I prefer it to Personal Journals personally, more musically varied and just as lyrically interesting. There's a couple of tracks available here - Epitaph Records. The Buzz Kill, Sea Lion (featuring Will Oldham) and Sun vs Moon (about a DJ battle between the Sun and the Moon ;)) are all standouts.

Is there any Blak Twang worth getting? I bought Kick Off a couple of months ago and thought it was terrible - is his earlier stuff worth buying?

Have you heard anything of the new Sage Francis album Uncle Mike?

I hadn't. So thanks. Wicked.

I didn't rate the last Blak Twang album. I'm not at all interested in the new one, unless someone knows any different.

I think its time to get rid of my uk hip hop collection:

Jehst on ebay

YOUR KIDDING! It's selling for that much?!>!>!!?!?! I'm fucking selling my copy then! Fucking hell!!!!!!1

EDIT: And I got given mine for free about a year ago!

EDIT EDIT: AND I OWN THIS ! Man I so need some money aswell!

Man, I picked up that instrumental 'Soul Survivor rejects' Pete Rock album today:

B0006GVKO8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DISGUSTING Amazon pic, for some reason, but the beats are luuush. I can't really understand Boozy's problem with it, especially seeing as he liked Petestrumentals. They practically sound the same to my ears. It's all just so smooth. Boozy said it sounded R'n'B, but I don't think so. It sorta reminds me of slow and schmaltzy soul music, which is a good thing.

Isaacs take note: this is your new lasagne pimping soundtrack.