IGNORED

Website

SaintM

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that I'm looking to move site hosts in the next week and it may (read:will) involve some downtime. I'll waiting until Saturday before I start the process, so the BAP reports can get in for this week's matches.

Hopefully it'll all be done and dusted by next week's matches, but you never know...

It should be a bit cheaper than our current hosts, but also opens up a few more options for database/site development in future.

Nothing changing just yet.

I am working on a new version of the BAP site as a bit of a side project, so any feature requests are welcomed.

I was wondering if things like having in-built man of the match voting etc would be worthwhile, as each team that does that currently sort of have their own systems.

Just paid for a year hosting on the new hosts, which with a voucher I found worked out to be £25, which is pretty darn good considering the current hosts costs about £110 PA all in.

Then again, they may be shit in which case it's not really that good a deal :) We'll find out once I have the login details and I can stick a copy of the site up there.

Ok, the current URL is still pointing at the old host, so I've 'broken' that site so nobody enters results etc that will be lost.

The new site should be active within 24 hours, but in the meantime you can reach it at http://www.rllmukfootballleague.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/

It looks like it's working ok, but only prolonged use will confirm that.. so let me know if you notice anything!

• 2 months later...

Nothing changing just yet.

I am working on a new version of the BAP site as a bit of a side project, so any feature requests are welcomed.

I was wondering if things like having in-built man of the match voting etc would be worthwhile, as each team that does that currently sort of have their own systems.

An update for those who are interested:

My work continues at a relatively slow pace. I've restructured the whole BAP database, which should make it a lot easier to work with in future. It won't be ready for next season, but I'd hope it'd be ready for the one after that. There is a fair amount left to do still and the data migration is gonna be a pain, but I think it should be ok.

Here are a few snippets of the new site. The data used in these is from an old copy.

post-1264-0-66801500-1346175367_thumb.pn

post-1264-0-75451700-1346175371_thumb.pn

post-1264-0-32199800-1346175375.png

post-1264-0-51330600-1346175370.png

I need four people to help with testing. I'm looking to see what I can do to get something ready for the new season (or relatively quickly after it starts) so need to get some testing in place in the next couple of weeks.

It won't be anything dramatic at first, just checking the pages work ok, but eventually it'll involve entering match reports etc