IGNORED

Ds Europe

footle

you knew it was coming and here it is

[edit] in all fairness, i hate looking at large threads for information that should have its own thread

Yes - I briefly checked.

But I don't feel that "DS in Stars Catalogue for £130 and 1000 stars" is an appropriate thread title for this information.

Next up: What'll Sony charge for the PSP? Will this affect their pricing? etc.,

"Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, said the company was "pleased to have offered such a short period of time between the US and European launch""

Didn't it launch in November? :lol:

Nintendo getting the unit available in all big areas within four months is fairly impressive in my opinion....

What shoukd have been tagged onto that quote is something along the lines of..'because we normally treat the european consumer like shit but we cant afford to do that with the PSP giving our arrogant and patronising company some competition.'.....

Sorry if i sound bitter and twisted but :lol: ....but i despise the Nintendo managment and way in which were treated like 3rd class consumers.......

Right price for the console, but I'm not paying £29.99 for any of those games.

They were never going to sell for less than that though. Not when you look at their GBA pricing.

I think £20-£25 is reasonable for hand held gaming.

And at Amazon UK (on the whole).

£24.99 give or take a couple of quid is nothing for a quality game.

Face it - you probably spend more than that on beer on a Saturday night.

That's a rubbish argument. Just because I would spend £24.99 on something else, doesn't mean I should pay it for a game.

If any of those titles screamed BUY ME! then you might have a point. But I think the launch line up is pretty poor. You can guarantee that all the "big" games will be at the top price point too.

When is the Metroid game out? I'd buy that.

That's a rubbish argument. Just because I would spend £24.99 on something else, doesn't mean I should pay it for a game.

So you think ale (which you piss against a wall) is worth 25quid, but a game - which, even if you choose to ignore R&D and production costs, has a resale value - isn't worth 25quid ??

Everyone seems to what something for nothing.

Did you pay £29.99 for GTA:San Adreas? (random example of high selling game)

Oh..maybe that's cos you thought it was worth it?? Why would it be worth more per copy than say "Feel the Magic" ?

If any of those titles screamed BUY ME! then you might have a point. But I think the launch line up is pretty poor.

Agreed. I don't want any of the DS games. In fact, I don't even want a DS. I won't be buying one. I'm merely arguing the flaws in the (commonly posted here) arguments about "value" and the price of games.

Anyone would think this forum is populated by paupers.....

You shop at a different VGP to me?

$50 CA + shipping does not equal £25 for me.

Plus the CAD is very strong at the moment, hopefully it'll go back to what it was like just over a year ago.

Then you're plaining blind/dumb/something else.

$55CA divided into 2.2 = 25 exactly.

So you think ale (which you piss against a wall) is worth 25quid, but a game - which, even if you choose to ignore R&D and production costs, has a resale value - isn't worth 25quid ??

Everyone seems to what something for nothing.

Did you pay £29.99 for GTA:San Adreas? (random example of high selling game)

Oh..maybe that's cos you thought it was worth it?? Why would it be worth more per copy than say "Feel the Magic" ?

Agreed. I don't want any of the DS games. In fact, I don't even want a DS. I won't be buying one. I'm merely arguing the flaws in the (commonly posted here) arguments about "value" and the price of games.

Anyone would think this forum is populated by paupers.....

Heh! I guess you don't know me. Sorry.

No, I don't piss my money up the wall on ale.

Yes, I am a pauper at the moment, hence me selling all my games stuff and having a thread called "Cheap Eats" in the Food Folder. :D

No, I didn't buy GTA: San Andreas

Yes, I did buy Halo 2 for £39.99 though, so that fits in with your example well.

But yes, I am saying that a game like Halo 2, or GTA, has more inherent value than Feel the Magic, or indeed any other handheld title. One is a gimmicky throwaway title, the other is Feel the Magic (boom! Boom!). But seriously folks, none of those games are deep enough, or even plain exciting enough for me to want to take £30 and pay it over a counter. End of.

Heh! I guess you don't know me. Sorry.

No, I don't piss my money up the wall on ale.

Yes, I am a pauper at the moment, hence me selling all my games stuff and having a thread called "Cheap Eats" in the Food Folder. :(

No, I didn't buy GTA: San Andreas

Yes, I did buy Halo 2 for £39.99 though, so that fits in with your example well.

But yes, I am saying that a game like Halo 2, or GTA, has more inherent value than Feel the Magic, or indeed any other handheld title. One is a gimmicky throwaway title, the other is Feel the Magic (boom! Boom!). But seriously folks, none of those games are deep enough, or even plain exciting enough for me to want to take £30 and pay it over a counter. End of.

I accept your point about Feel the Magic(it is a gimmick but a fun and very stylish one)

However Mrs Davros is going to adore those Mario 64 minigames. I mean adore. As will you DSD.

"DO I HAVE THE RIGHT" :D

Played Mario in 1996.

Played Wario Ware to death on GBA.

Something 100% new please Mr Nintendo!

Wario Ware Touched is a totally different game though (different minigames, brilliant ideas in there too).

Although I do agree with you, hence I sold my DS.