Phantasy Star Universe Online?

Hodge

Been looking forward to this for ages with PSO on the dreamcast being one of my favourite games ever and always thought up until now this was going to be the true online sequel we been waiting for. But upon reading Yuji Naka`s interview in edge it`s looking extremly doubtful. He pretty much said that down to the hacking, illegal users, bad users on PSO they ended up spending more time keeping them out than developing the game and that why he`s sick of online. He did state that if hardware manufacturers figure out a system of keeping all that out he would make more online titles. Also with the title being called Phantasy star universe and not phantasy star online universe looks to be another big clue it ain`t online. Shame as i was really looking to a decent sequel to one of the greatest online games ever (well in it`s early days before all the cheating started)

Well bascially it's just those wankers who work for Datel and other Code devices. A few quick petrol bombs and death threats and those wankers will be out of the picture. They release the devices that allow people to cheat so they're reponsible for ruining a great game.

Then we can have the next PSU online.

Well bascially it's just those wankers who work for Datel and other Code devices. A few quick petrol bombs and death threats and those wankers will be out of the picture. They release the devices that allow people to cheat so they're reponsible for ruining a great game.

Then we can have the next PSU online.

Datel never made codes for PSO. AR codes for PSO on the GameCube only came out a few months ago, after the game was on the way out.

Well the game is out this year some time and pretty much all sonic team resources are on this title atm and was stated at E3 last year the platforms were xbox and PS2 so next gen is out of the question. As for the cheating on PSO it was a huge shame at the time, there was so many doing it at the time there was no way sonic team could do much about it as all the duped items had already spread through the game and if they did ban you for cheating i recalled a code coming out which could get you unbanned, there was no stopping it. And wasn`t there away that you could kill other team members? Completly agree beertiger, codeshark and exploder are to blame and have to agree with yuji naka that whats the point in going to all the trouble to bring you a great title like PSO and then watch your game fall apart with all the hackers and cheats ripping it apart and also end up wasting resources along the way trying to eliminate them?

Well I loved playing PSO in the Dreamcast days, even with the hackers and whatnot...

But you know what I find is better?

Getting 3 friends, getting a shitload of snacks and drinks, popping on some good music and then playing Multiplayer Offline on a big fuck off television. Great laugh, more sociable, everyone loves PSO as soon as they start playing it, and you don't have to bother typing with the shitty GC controller or keyboard. It's also nice having your friends all take their characters away on their respective memcards, then when you next play it's nice to see how everyones progressed.

Well I loved playing PSO in the Dreamcast days, even with the hackers and whatnot...

But you know what I find is better?

Getting 3 friends, getting a shitload of snacks and drinks, popping on some good music and then playing Multiplayer Offline on a big fuck off television. Great laugh, more sociable, everyone loves PSO as soon as they start playing it, and you don't have to bother typing with the shitty GC controller or keyboard. It's also nice having your friends all take their characters away on their respective memcards, then when you next play it's nice to see how everyones progressed.

Want to go one better than that? I once had a get together with friends who brought their GCs, tellies, etc, round. We plugged the machines into my router, went online and joined the same room. It's like a LAN, but in a far more roundabout way. VERY good fun.

Want to go one better than that? I once had a get together with friends who brought their GCs, tellies, etc, round. We plugged the machines into my router, went online and joined the same room. It's like a LAN, but in a far more roundabout way. VERY good fun.

That literally sounds like the perfect night in with friends...

Thats sad to hear. Tim Rogers (of insert credit) told me around the time of TGS that it was going to be an offline game headed up by that lady who headed Skies of Arcadia (I believe she was instrumental in earlier PS's too, if memory serves me). I was wondering if it was true or not, but its seeming more true now.

As for its format, nothing has been revealed at all. There were a number of rumours after E3, but none were even remotely verified.

And now for some completely uncalled for random observations:

1. PSO multiplayer offline mode = rubbish.

2. Multiplayer online mode in one room = sex on legs.

3. Episode III (while people actually still played it) = also fantastic, and there wasn't a problem with cheating.

-Jools

1. PSO multiplayer offline mode = rubbish.

2. Multiplayer online mode in one room = sex on legs.

3. Episode III (while people actually still played it) = also fantastic, and there wasn't a problem with cheating.

-Jools

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. Not quite, there was the crash trick (until it got patched) and people playing cummy characters to boost their ranks.

There was the crash trick, but they patched it, and the dummy account thing only affected your national ranking which most people never cared about anyway. The game played completely fairly and cheating free, twas wonderful.

Shame non-Japanese folk don't like those kinds of card based games, as its western performance surely means there wont be another.

-Jools

-Jools

i never had any problem with cheaters on the cube version, they all tended to stick to their own ships. Occasionally you'd come across someone with a dodgy mag or duped weapons, but that usually comes down to people being twats, who i wouldnt bother playing with anyway.

It is entirely possible to be an insufferable twat without cheating, and very difficult to fix with software patches.

It is entirely possible to be an insufferable twat without cheating, and very difficult to fix with software patches.

Oh yeah

20020318l.gif

But then there is

20030416l.gif

you have to consider that...

PSO was - quite simply - fcuking amazing - I've NEVER had the sort of addictive buzz about any other online game - and it did take a while before it was spoiled too.

I still have my 'home videos' of our more entertaining nights on Ragol :angry:

JP

i never had any problem with cheaters on the cube version, they all tended to stick to their own ships. Occasionally you'd come across someone with a dodgy mag or duped weapons, but that usually comes down to people being twats, who i wouldnt bother playing with anyway.

o/\o

PSO will always be Happy Memories for me regardless of cheats and hacks.

I dunno, my mate and I play it regularly still on XBox Live. Just the two of us, mind, but 2 is enough. I reckon we could get an RLLMUK foursome between us if we tried?

As long as you don't play with strangers, it's still a great slice of sweet, sweet gaming honey. :D

I'd be interested in joining up with you guys sometime. I haven't played in a long time as the lobbies had become quiet and deserted like some kind of futuristic Marie Celeste.

I dunno, my mate and I play it regularly still on XBox Live. Just the two of us, mind, but 2 is enough. I reckon we could get an RLLMUK foursome between us if we tried?

As long as you don't play with strangers, it's still a great slice of sweet, sweet gaming honey. :D

Is it still £5 a month. I've got it sat here still for the xbox and would love to play it.