How Good Gamer Are You ?

Salsa Party Animal

I am ok in sport games and racing games but never win many race online on PGR 2 (apart from the big one in Germany) and can play well in top spin and PES 4.

I can complete Halo 1/2 iin normal level and complete adventure games. I am not outstanding in any game. I am crap on Halo 2 online.

For Metroid Prime I can get to the end but can't beat the last boss ;)

I would say I am Peter Crouch of gaming.

What about you.

I'm really good.

I'm actually on some kind of amazing skill roll right now. I've finished 4 games so far this month, and I was like a fucking ninja playing Resi 4. It's not the hardest game in the world, but I didn't really struggle once, and was ninja-like throughout.

So, yeah. I'm really good.

Although I'm shit at Halo 2 on XBox Live.

My reactions and hand eye coordination are utterly appaling. I'm very good at stuff like Rome: Total War, Civ and RPGs though.

I think if I had decent reactions I would be fucking ninja at Halo 2, as it stands though in a 1v1 running round the corner both with shotguns/swords situation I think I've got the first kill about 1% of the time.

I'm not sure. I thrash most of my mates at games as they are gaming casuals at best. However, since I've had xbox live for the last few weeks, I have realised that I just don't have the necessary reflexes, hand-eye coordination or time to be a top player...

In general I would say that I am average at racing games, terrible at strategy games, okish at shooters (although halo 2 online is making me reconsider this), average at puzzlers and okish at beat em ups and platformers.

Single player wise I can generally complete most games on the default setting. I didn't have any serious problems with Ninja Gaiden and have completed Halo1/2 on heroic (legendary is too much like hard work). I often struggle with games that require lots of patience as I have little...

I would guess that I am the Ilkeston Town FC of gaming.

I'm a complete spaz at most games. Something like FZero DX is pretty much impenetrable for me (unlike the N64 version).

*raises hand*

I could compete a bit in DX Grand Prix mode but Story owned my bottom.

Games Like Res Evil and Metroid Prime are often too much of a challenge, but only cos I can't dedicate any real time to them and hate replaying sections. Shame cos I love those games, I just get put off cos I know I won't get very far.

I think the test here is "how far you got on Ninja Gaiden".

Flying laser things in a warehouse (level 7?) - AAAAAAaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm not too bad at most games - I tend to think I'm good at racing games until my mates come round and thrash me, I can handle myself in shooters (used to play a lot of online PC shooters, and didn't struggle much with Halo 1&2 on heroic), I can cope with most RPGs (but then they're usually a lot more to do with perseverance than skill), but I'm really crap at strategy games - eugh!

But the number of games I've left unfinished because of a difficulty is scary. Particulary hurtful ones (because I was really enjoying the game 'til I got stuck) are Ninja Gaiden as above, and Jak 2 at some bloody sit in a pod and shoot flying guys bit. I think (this generation) I've only completed about 1 in 3 of the games I've bought ;)

I'm a demon at racing games, PGR 2 especially but I pick all of them up very quickly. I was crap at FPS's but getting better. I'm still a king at street fighter 2 and I'm not bad at the likes of advance wars.

However my miss's woops my ass at fantavision.

These days I suck at games. I used to be really good. I could take on and destroy all comers at Street Figher II in my local bowling ally.

My most recent embarrassments:

Not being able to get past the second area of Galleon, despite playing the level about 700 times.

Not being able to clear the first boss on Gradius V. I’ve had it since the week before Christmas.

Getting stuck on the ‘Sweets Girl’ mission in GTA:SA.

Loads more too sad to mention.

I’m the Tom Waits of gaming. Occasional moments of brilliance, but mostly rubbish.

Me? Bastard Samurai Boss On A Horse. Then I cried inwardly.

Completed it on normal, and about 1/4 through on hard. I did have to look up some tips for some of the bosses from gamefaqs. It isn't actually as hard as people say once you get used to it. Once you get into the zone with Ninja Garden there is only a couple of really unpleasant points (The tanks in the city and Alma in the monastery for me)

I found Metroid Prime1/2 harder. I never got round to completing the final boss on MP1 as beating the Omega Pirate and Meta Ridley pushed to the limit of my abilities and the final boss took too damned long and my hands would actually start to hurt from constantly changing beams, dodging and firing.

i'm alright, as long as i persevere. it sometimes takes me a while to get to grips with stuff. i'm no good with online games and they end up really frustrating me. i'm best on stuff like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Resi etc.

i also have quite a low tolerance level. so if something is really pissiong me off i bin it. so Ninja Gaiden for it's lack of realistic save points and PoP WW for it's bugs.

sports games generally shit. driving games, shit apart from Mario Kart and F Zero.

i like fighting games but i'm not so good on them these days, but they are very complex now.

edit. i'm alright on shooters such as Gradius V.

I'm pretty good at most adventure games. I didn't find either of the 'Cube Metroid games hard and I can complete most games of this type with few problems.

I'm decent at most racing games, for example I managed to unlock most stuff in f-zero GX and completed GT3 100%.

FPS and beat em ups games I'm rubbish at. Probably because I don't play beat em ups much in single player so I never know half the moves, while I'm just not a fan of most FPS games so I very rarely play them.

I can hold my own at most sports games, but I wouldn't say I'm great at any of them.

All in I'd say I'm a pretty average gamer.

I'm shockingly poor at most games, I rarely complete them either. Don't know why I don't complete them, some I get right up to the last boss/event/chapter and then just don't bother getting past it, others I get really far in and just run out of steam to play the game through.

A mate of mine is bloody hot at pretty much any game he picks up(I don't tell him that mind) but he refuses to play me at Monkey Bowling and Virtua Tennis as I slaughter him almost every time we play. Soul Calibur/2 comes out every so often, I've won the last two times we played, once playing up until 5am. He beats me at practically anything else mind.

I'm pretty rubbish at most FPS games, no wait, make that all FPS games and horrifically bad at football games and most racing games. I am excellent at RPGs, strategy games and Tony Hawks style skating, bmx, inline type games though. Platformers I'm split 50/50 on, some I'm poor at and some I really find a breeze.

Gaiden is probably the only game I'd say i'm properly good at, and possibly Viewtiful Joe. I'm pretty hot on Frequency (can do it on expert) but I know its nothing compared to some people on here. Used to have some Tony Hawk skillz back in the day (didn't we all ;)) Metroid Prime wasn't difficult either, aside from the final boss, who took a bit of perseverance.

I'm very partial to a bit of modern shmup action, although my skill level varies massively. Crap at Ikaruga, quite good at Gradius V. Was getting very good at Psyvariar 2, but I got a big blister on my thumb from playing it too much so stopped.

I'm rubbish at Halo though. Get caned by my housemates constantly.

I should spend more time playing and less time buying.

That's a big thing for me to, there's always the next big thing pulling me away from whatever I'm on currently. Lack of self discipline maybe. Trying to change that, nothing to get this month so I can focus on my current library.

I almost cracked a million points in Tetris DX the other day (991,xxx or something like that, i think. can't be arsed going to find the gameboy to check though).

I'm crap at most racing games (well, average maybe). I really enjoy playing them, though, so i keep buying the damn things despite never getting all that far with the hard ones (i have a serious love/hate relationship with F-Zero GX).

Pretty good at FPSs (console only these days - too much Q3A a few years ago started giving me carpal tunnel symptoms in my mouse hand). Finished Halo 1&2 on Heroic with relative ease (did 1 on Heroic using only human weaponry just before 2 came out, to warm myself up again), could probably get through most levels of 1 on Legendary if i could be bothered (i got stuck at the top of the grav-lift on T&R last time i tried), but am horribly stuck at the second pelican bay on the first level in 2.

I'm utterly utterly shit at C&C/(War|Star)Craft-style RTS games (i had no chance in hell of finishing StarCraft without cheating), but decent at Total War-style ones, and decent at turn-based stategy games.

Hate sports games. Shitter than shit at them.

Decent at most platformers, except mario games for some unknown reason.

I'm crap at every single Resident Evil game (haven't played 3 or 4, mind), but for some reason found the Silent Hill games reasonably easy.

Ok at fighters, except tekken (never got on with the control scheme).

Oh, and i'm completely, utterly useless at any kind of rhythm-action type game.

Me? Bastard Samurai Boss On A Horse. Then I cried inwardly.

Purple demon bitch in the cathedral for me. then i gave up. tried giving it another go recently and my skills were completely shot to pieces, so i've started over.

I don't play online so I don't get much chance to compare myself to others.

In single player games, I reckon I'm pretty good. Generally if I get stuck in a game it's not because I can't beat the section, but rather that I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next, or haven't solved a puzzle.

I'm not great at driving games, but I do well on Wipeout. Cars just aren't my thing.

I'm pretty poor. The two games I've been playing at the moment are Frequency and Super Monkey Ball. I've put a fair bit of time into both, but am on the verge of giving up on both as they're just too rock. Made it into the 30s on SMB expert with one continue, and stage 3 of expert on Frequency. But I don't think I have the skills necessary to go any further unless I put in an inordinate amount of time.

The skill of some of the players on LIVE is frightening, they really must dedicate their full lives to honing their skills.

But in most cases it's just bloody-minded (and painfully dull) dedication to a single cause.

I'd call a good gamer someone who can pick up a new title and they can just click into it easily, and manage most challenges with ease.