Has anyone seen any news about '24 Hours in A&E' (the Channel 4 show) being launched on DVD? Missed it on its original airing and it's no longer available on 4OD. Hoping that's because there's a DVD release planned soon....

24 hours in A & E was fantastic. I think it could have been made by the same people as Educating Essex. It's got the same feel about it anyway.

I don't know if they release stuff like that on DVD. You could always go on the box.bz and download them.

So the Pearl Jam Twenty DVD/Blu-Ray release has been quite a magnificent balls up.

They released a single disc version which has half an hour of Extras on it, but they also released a 3 disc Deluxe Edition containing The Kids Are Twenty on disc 2 and The Fans Are Alright on disc 3 - however, they made this a limited run and sold out of it very quickly on their Fan Club before actually saying what was included. They claim they have no plans to produce any more leaving only the rather vanilla single disc version for sale (which even has Disc 1 written on it to remind you that your missing out on other disc...).

They have released Disc 2 The Kids Are Twenty via iTunes, but not heard whether The Fans Are Alright will also be coming out digitally.

The Kids Are Twenty

While this is a documentary in the loosest of terms, the 30-odd live performances, shown in their entirety spanning Pearl Jam's twenty years, is a far purer way of looking back. The brief sound bites connecting them are intimate and occasionally surprising and who can resist footage of Eddie messing a round with a monkey while wearing a Godzilla mask? I actually prefer this to the Pearl Jam Twenty doc, the picture quality is the best we've had of the band and seeing them rocking out with Neil Young warms my cockles every time. Calling it a DVD Extra does it a massive disservice, if you love the band its essential viewing.

5/5

Just watched 'The Devil and Daniel johnston'. Sure it's been mentioned before, but as a study of the thin line between genius and insanity, it's devastating stuff.

Of course, his genius isn't appreciated by everyone. Orbette can in from the kitchen halfway through and asked "Why are you watching a film about a screeching woman?"

Anyone here remember a Richard Macer fly on the wall called "The Real Swiss Toni"? It aired on BBC3 in 2003 and followed the staff of a car supermarket in Dudley. I remember one of the salesmen listening to Life by Robbie Williams and explaining how he related to the lyrics.

It was fantastic, I'd love to watch it agin but can't find it anywhere.

It was Love wasn't it? He looked like a Peter Kay character shouting along with the lyrics.

"I just wanna feel!!! REAL LOVE!!!"

I've been talking about this clip for years but had no idea what I'd seen it in, so have a +1 for the reminder!

I watched a bloody awesome documentary movie on BBC4 the other night; Murder on a Sunday Morning. Following the case of a young black boy accused of murdering a white lady. It's basically just the story of the court case, so you see all of the court footage of interviews and stuff. Think it's an Oscar winner if I remember correctly. Had me gripped and was like watching a normal court room movie, I almost had to remind myself that this shit was real.

It's possibly on inlayer but here's part 1 on youtube, I presume the rest is on their channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2jtha8Oqg

I saw this a while back. Its not the greatest documentary in the world but Bobby Fischer himself is always fascinating [and in later years a complete lunatic]. It has a ton of rare footage of Fischer and the first Spassky match-up is covered in great detail.

Its not as good as alot of the classics being mentioned here but its well worth a watch if you can get hold of it cheap.

Haven't seen this yet but thought I'd share it anyway. A short-doc about UK's lighthouse keepers.

A short documentary exploring the lost way of life of British lighthouse keepers.

As our world is increasingly automated, this isolated occupation has quietly disappeared from our coastlines, and this film records the stories of remarkable human nature before they too disappear.

Released in April, 2011. 7 min. Directors: Ronan Glynn and Liberty Smith. Short Indie documentary.

I watched a bloody awesome documentary movie on BBC4 the other night; Murder on a Sunday Morning. Following the case of a young black boy accused of murdering a white lady. It's basically just the story of the court case, so you see all of the court footage of interviews and stuff. Think it's an Oscar winner if I remember correctly. Had me gripped and was like watching a normal court room movie, I almost had to remind myself that this shit was real.

It's possibly on inlayer but here's part 1 on youtube, I presume the rest is on their channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2jtha8Oqg

Just finished this as well. Fans of The Paradise Lost films will enjoy this too. The defence lawyer is a fucking badass, the line about cigarettes was incredible.

Pearl Jam Twenty doc was brilliant, I haven't listened to them in probably over ten years after being massive 'grunger' in my yoof. I've just been to download some of their albums to catch up on. I never bought anything after No Code. Am I missing out on some classic songs?

I just recorded this video as I really want to find out the gig and song playing. It looks like it would be a great gig to watch if it's available.

img1694j.jpg

Pearl Jam Twenty doc was brilliant, I haven't listened to them in probably over ten years after being massive 'grunger' in my yoof. I've just been to download some of their albums to catch up on. I never bought anything after No Code. Am I missing out on some classic songs?

I just recorded this video as I really want to find out the gig and song playing. It looks like it would be a great gig to watch if it's available.

img1694j.jpg

Wife said she thinks it's one of their newer ones but no idea really :(

This any help?

http://www.theuncool.com/2011/08/18/pj20-soundtrack-tracklisting/

This is the same - says its the soundtrack from the doc so it should tally up somehow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_Twenty_%28soundtrack%29

I would have the foggiest idea just by looking at the track listing sadly as I've no idea about the track names. I stupidly deleted it after watching. I could have tried to find a song I knew either side of it and done a bit of detective work. I might post this in the music forum to get the attention of any Pearl Jam fans milling around.

I watched this the other day. INCREDIBLE. I felt so sorry for Brenton. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time! I agree his lawyer was fricking awesome. :) badass.

I just finished watching too, gripping and pretty terrifying all at once. The cigarette line was inspired. 8)

Wife said she thinks it's one of their newer ones but no idea really :(

This any help?

http://www.theuncool.com/2011/08/18/pj20-soundtrack-tracklisting/

This is the same - says its the soundtrack from the doc so it should tally up somehow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_Twenty_%28soundtrack%29

Just to let you know, the track is called The Fixer, from Backspacer. The video looks as if it's their official video for the track. Thanks to DC07 in another thread.

First 17 minutes of Raiding The Lost Ark

Jamie Benning has been making documentaries, or “filmumentaries” as he likes to call them, based on our favorite films for quite some time. He brings together all the tiny bits of interesting insider information you’ve always heard about Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and now Raiders of the Lost Ark, and puts them in a well-edited, entertaining package that runs along side the main feature becoming almost a visual commentary on the movie. Raiding the Lost Ark is the title of his latest production and while it’s not 100% done, Benning has put the first 17 minutes online.

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-17-minutes-raiding-lost-ark-raiders-documentary/

I had a look through the thread and saw no mention of this: A Killer Whale called Luna.

This is the emotional story of one young killer whale's quest for companionship after he was separated from his family. Luna was just two years old when, alone and confused, he found himself on the rugged, wild coast of Vancouver Island.

Following his tumultuous story, the film records the human friendships he developed and the trouble this led him into. From death threats to numerous capture attempts by the government, the film-makers watched as people tried to determine his fate.

Luna shows us how quickly our lives can once again cross with the natural world.

It really is quite brilliant. I'm a huge fan of wildlife documentaries but showed this to a fair few people that find such documentaries to be boring, and and every one of them were moved by it.

The Art Of The Steal

Just finished watching this unconventional art heist documentary. I really enjoyed it and found it extremely engrossing. While a little one sided it does a good job at keeping you engaged throughout and there is all kinds of twists and turns along the way.

Trailer:

A heads up for anyone interested, this is currently on iPlayer as part of the Storyville series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0179w3m/Storyville_20112012_The_Billion_Dollar_Art_Heist/

The 15 documentaries in contention for the Oscars have been announced:

· Battle for Brooklyn

· Bill Cunningham New York

· Buck

· Hell and Back Again

· If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

· Jane’s Journey

· The Loving Story

· Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

· Pina

· Project Nim

· Semper Fi: Always Faithful

· Sing Your Song

· Undefeated

· Under Fire: Journalists in Combat

· We Were Here

No Senna :o I've only seen (the superb) Project Nim from that list so plenty to catch up with. There's a bit more info on each of them here.